Crime patrol: Dastak

TOI: Delhi gang rape amazes and shames me: Anup

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Delhi gang rape amazes and shames me: Anup Soni

Delhi gang rape amazes and shames me: Anup Soni
Sony TV is all set to telecast the Delhi gang rape story on a special episode of its serial Crime Patrol on Saturday.

And while the episode is being shot, it's host Anup Soni shares the anguish he's feeling after this incident which has shaken the country.

Talking to us Anup said," It's beyond me to understand how can any one fall so low and be so brutal! It amazes and shames me."

Talking about his feelings while shooting the episode Anup says,"It was traumatic to just shoot the episode even though I'm not acting in it. Main toh sirf sutradhar hoon. When I can feel so disturbed I wonder how that girls' family and friends are coping with the situation."

Adding further the actor says, "None of us at home celebrated New Year's this year. We just couldn't. It has been so shocking and our hearts go out to this girl and her family. It wouldn't have been fairto her if we had celebrated."

Offering a solution to such problems Anup says, "I think we need to review our laws and make such stringent laws that one can't even think of committing such a heinous crime. We have to rectify the loopholes and also we need to bring about a change in our won mindsets too. It's okay to criticise the government and the system, but shouldn't we need to rethink our own thinking?

Imagine the boy and that girl were lying on the road in that cold with such grievous injuries and no one stopped to help them! What are we all turning to? I heard the boys interview on TV and I was shocked to hear what he had to say about the people, the police and even the hospital. So it's not just the government or the authorities which need to change, we all need to change. To be more sympathetic and more humane!"

Ask him about his wife Juhi travelling in Delhi alone and if he feels comfortable with the thought and Anup immediately says, "No. I would be constantly worried about her but then I'm sure she will also be sensible enough to take all precautions and remain safe. I mean isn't it said that precaution is better than cure?

Similarly why invite trouble. I'm sure no sensible girl, including Juhi will invite trouble on herself and take necessary precautions."

"I'm not saying that girl did something wrong by getting into that bus. She would never in her wildest of dreams thought she would be subjected to all this. But then my advice to girls will be, be wary and on your guard. And don't go out alone late in the evening. That's all we can do. Till the time our government wakes up and makes stringent laws to prevent such things happening again. And we as the citizen of our country, we should be more humane and responsible. If every one becomes responsible for their actions then half the problem is solved. If a policeman does his duty diligently, or a doctor his, we citizens should also fulfill our duties diligently. And when we are responsible for our actions, case like these will actually become a rarity."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Muskaan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Crime patrol is the best show on TV. And, Anup Soni is the best host on TV. Anup is right. The laws need to be more punishable and strict.
Muskaan92 thumbnail
BTW, Anop looks great in the pic.
Nikki. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing. Even i am disgusted by this event. Hope Jyoti gets justice

Sonali Mukkerji never got justice and her Acid attackers are roaming around freely

There are lots of lady victims that have never got justice all becuase of the corrupt policemen and goverment. God help this world
charu_81 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing...Yes Anoop looks good in the pic.
Muskaan92 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nikki.

Thanks for sharing. Even i am disgusted by this event. Hope Jyoti gets justice

Sonali Mukkerji never got justice and her Acid attackers are roaming around freely

There are lots of lady victims that have never got justice all becuase of the corrupt policemen and goverment. God help this world

There are thousands of girls like them. Khushi had to undergo pain of pregnancy and child birth just because of 4 pathetic men. Sonali had to suffer and still suffering due to acid attack. And, Jyoti also fought for 13 days which were unbearable for her.
When will the law wake up..??
madhoo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Well said Anup!  Let's all work together to bring changes to India's system.
Muskaan92 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Tukuni

thanks fur sharing.

Welcome dear.😊
magicalmelody thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 2
My heart goes out to all d victims.. I hope n pray that all get their due justice soon..love crime patrol..thx Sony for an amazing show..

Thx 4 sharing d article..