Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

BlueLotus raises good question. (Page 3)

bluelotus Goldie
bluelotus
bluelotus

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 7:00pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by jprasad

So BlueLotus, you raised an interesting question about Jessica going to jail.  We are all quite worried about Armaan, but what about Jessica?  Do we care that she goes to jail?  Can we even feel for her?  Could she have avoided this whole situation?

To add to this, SETINDIA has put out a poll whether or not Jassi needed to undergo a transformation.  Is it now necessary to find out what we think with a yes or no answer without being able to post comments? 

My opinion:  Frankly, she brought it upon herself.  She was so upset when Armaan lied to her about everything, but here she is playing the same lying game.  With Armaan, we expected him to be shady, but Jassi was supposed to be consistent.  At the same time I understand that JJKN being a show has to have some spice and masala, thus the directors had to create this sort of scenario.  Did it work?  I don't know...

With regards to the transformation, I visited SETINDIA and checked yes.  Jassi needed to undergo an appearance change because in my eyes we all do...just for fun if not anything else.  Does it matter if she did or didn't.  No.  I see it as a mere appearance change, not a life altering creation of a new character.  However, SETINDIA created such a poll where I could not say that yes, Jassi needed a change, but she did not need to change her being.

Share your opinions. 

JP exactly this is what I wanted to hear... You should understand that when the lead role in a drama is losing audience support to the point that they are not caring what happens to her and instead cry for others like Arman & Purab, there is something seriously missing in the show. In fact, the person who had suffered more is not Arman or Purab but Jassi. She has lost her name, her family,has been cheated terribly by her lover(His lie became truth correct,but it was a lie to begin), she has been ditched by Purab two days before her engagement, she had to flee the country, what more can happen to a plain and simple middleclass girl in India?

OK.all these time, we were with her.. But the moment she turned a model and started using the same deceit as tool to get her things done and became engrossed in the so called revenge, she lost her case. Arman can will be forgiven because he regrets what he had done and tries to rectify all his mistakes. But will Jassi get a forgiveness. I don't think so... She is cheating knowingly and and do not regret what she does.  Appearances doesn't have a role here.

Arman will be forgiven for his misdeeds, we will cry with him when he cries, we will sympathise and feel for Purab for his hidden and silent heart break, we will feel the pain of Jassi's family , but, Jassi, well, Somehow I can't connect with her now.

KiRaN_K Goldie
KiRaN_K
KiRaN_K

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 7:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bluelotus

Originally posted by jprasad

So BlueLotus, you raised an interesting question about Jessica going to jail.  We are all quite worried about Armaan, but what about Jessica?  Do we care that she goes to jail?  Can we even feel for her?  Could she have avoided this whole situation?

To add to this, SETINDIA has put out a poll whether or not Jassi needed to undergo a transformation.  Is it now necessary to find out what we think with a yes or no answer without being able to post comments? 

My opinion:  Frankly, she brought it upon herself.  She was so upset when Armaan lied to her about everything, but here she is playing the same lying game.  With Armaan, we expected him to be shady, but Jassi was supposed to be consistent.  At the same time I understand that JJKN being a show has to have some spice and masala, thus the directors had to create this sort of scenario.  Did it work?  I don't know...

With regards to the transformation, I visited SETINDIA and checked yes.  Jassi needed to undergo an appearance change because in my eyes we all do...just for fun if not anything else.  Does it matter if she did or didn't.  No.  I see it as a mere appearance change, not a life altering creation of a new character.  However, SETINDIA created such a poll where I could not say that yes, Jassi needed a change, but she did not need to change her being.

Share your opinions. 

JP exactly this is what I wanted to hear... You should understand that when the lead role in a drama is losing audience support to the point that they are not caring what happens to her and instead cry for others like Arman & Purab, there is something seriously missing in the show. In fact, the person who had suffered more is not Arman or Purab but Jassi. She has lost her name, her family,has been cheated terribly by her lover(His lie became truth correct,but it was a lie to begin), she has been ditched by Purab two days before her engagement, she had to flee the country, what more can happen to a plain and simple middleclass girl in India?

OK.all these time, we were with her.. But the moment she turned a model and started using the same deceit as tool to get her things done and became engrossed in the so called revenge, she lost her case. Arman can will be forgiven because he regrets what he had done and tries to rectify all his mistakes. But will Jassi get a forgiveness. I don't think so... She is cheating knowingly and and do not regret what she does.  Appearances doesn't have a role here.

Arman will be forgiven for his misdeeds, we will cry with him when he cries, we will sympathise and feel for Purab for his hidden and silent heart break, we will feel the pain of Jassi's family , but, Jassi, well, Somehow I can't connect with her now.

well said bluelotus!!!ClapClap

krangara IF-Rockerz
krangara
krangara

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 7:26pm | IP Logged
OMG!!! RUmi, Peaches, and especially Blue Lotus spoke my minddd!!!

Did you applaud the pre-makeover Jassi who took up the challenge of  creating a fashion show within 3 days and succeeded?  Or do you feel more for the post-makeover Jessica who is simply testing and playing with everyone's feelings!!!!

Yep!  The purpose of a show is lost when the audience emphathizes more with the supporting characters than with the lead role....a similar situation occurred with Balaji's KKUSUM too - we were too immersed into Kumud's trials and tribulations to bother about KKUSUM!!!! 
kdokka Senior Member
kdokka
kdokka

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
That was too good, blue...
Jyoti_2006 IF-Dazzler
Jyoti_2006
Jyoti_2006

Posted: 14 May 2005 at 12:22am | IP Logged
That was too good blue..

Go to top