Posted: 18 years ago
So BlueLotus, you raised an interesting question about Jessica going to jail.  We are all quite worried about Armaan, but what about Jessica?  Do we care that she goes to jail?  Can we even feel for her?  Could she have avoided this whole situation?

To add to this, SETINDIA has put out a poll whether or not Jassi needed to undergo a transformation.  Is it now necessary to find out what we think with a yes or no answer without being able to post comments? 

My opinion:  Frankly, she brought it upon herself.  She was so upset when Armaan lied to her about everything, but here she is playing the same lying game.  With Armaan, we expected him to be shady, but Jassi was supposed to be consistent.  At the same time I understand that JJKN being a show has to have some spice and masala, thus the directors had to create this sort of scenario.  Did it work?  I don't know...

With regards to the transformation, I visited SETINDIA and checked yes.  Jassi needed to undergo an appearance change because in my eyes we all do...just for fun if not anything else.  Does it matter if she did or didn't.  No.  I see it as a mere appearance change, not a life altering creation of a new character.  However, SETINDIA created such a poll where I could not say that yes, Jassi needed a change, but she did not need to change her being.

Share your opinions. 
Edited by jprasad - 18 years ago
well only blue's opinions are asked. not other's ?
Why is sony wanting to know now whether or not a makeover was required. Jassi needed a makeover, she had to change her mindset and attitude towards herself, probably best way to begin was with a physical makeover. I am still curious why suddenly this poll is introduced.

well i think jassi thats why as per the article is going to fight herself without help from purab and nandu ,so like a typical filmy style ,she is gong to give a mindblowing speech in the courtroom on why it was necessary for her to change and stuff

lets see what happens 

well jp .

if you ask me i will say that the makeover was not necessary at all.from the very beginning we see jassi who tries to fight her own battle in a very manly way (not womanly )through the use of her brain, not skin. that was the uniqueness of her character which attracted me. to get success you should look beautiful , just like other beautiful girls in the society. this is all that was in that so called makeover. now the question is what is beauty? here we are considering a few things as the yardsticks of beautY

1. an well-dressed hair

2. a glowing skin with makeup and lipstick.

3. wearing some good dresses( that goodness is also created by us!!!).

all these yardsticks of beauty are very relative in the sense that our male-dominated society has imposed those yardsticks upon us.if we follow all those rules we are accepted and if we donot follow them , we are not. i considered earlier jassi more sweet.soft and appealing. but everybody will think me a mad person as that beauty is not accepted by our society. that means jassi lost her battle and she went back to the female -stereotype of the society.so what is the uniqueness of jassi now ?  and by marrying her armaan suri is also not doing any different thing. he is marrying a perfectly shaped and dressed girl what his society prefers for him. now the very reason for which i loved jassi is her uniqueness.her manly battles. now she is no longer that jassi. but this was also in blf. what is more objectionable is jassi's modelling. which is extremely objectionable.it is like she was in the north pole and now she is in the south pole. i cannot accept this at all.i may sound like a feminist. but i am writting exactly what i believe and exactly for what i am upset.

yes seems like the SET ppl are a bit sloooooooow, u should tell them jho hona tha ho gaya, ab kyaa pachtana!!!! look to the future, lets see what jassi looks like in the future, i mean one of those white sarees they wear in jail and all the chains wrapped round her legs so she doesnt escape!!!, yaay, cant wait!!!πŸ˜ƒ

Jots πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by Rumi

well jp .

if you ask me i will say that the makeover was not necessary at all.from the very beginning we see jassi who tries to fight her own battle in a very manly way (not womanly )through the use of her brain, not skin. that was the uniqueness of her character which attracted me. to get success you should look beautiful , just like other beautiful girls in the society. this is all that was in that so called makeover. now the question is what is beauty? here we are considering a few things as the yardsticks of beautY

1. an well-dressed hair

all these yardsticks of beauty are very relative in the sense that our male-dominated society has imposed those yardsticks upon us.if we follow all those rules we are accepted and if we donot follow them , we are not. i considered earlier jassi more sweet.soft and appealing. but everybody will think me a mad person as that beauty is not accepted by our society. that means jassi lost her battle and she went back to the female -stereotype of the society.so what is the uniqueness of jassi now ? and by marrying her armaan suri is also not doing any different thing. he is marrying a perfectly shaped and dressed girl what his society prefers for him. now the very reason for which i loved jassi is her uniqueness.her manly battles. now she is no longer that jassi. but this was also in blf. what is more objectionable is jassi's modelling. which is extremely objectionable.it is like she was in the north pole and now she is in the south pole. i cannot accept this at all.i may sound like a feminist. but i am writting exactly what i believe and exactly for what i am upset.

i agree with Rumi on that one.

i personally feel that while transforming herself to Jessica, she did murder Jassi within her. So unfortunately i don't have any simpathy left for her. What she did was 'AA BAIL MUJHE MAAR' situation.
Originally posted by Rumi

well jp .

1. an well-dressed hair

all these yardsticks of beauty are very relative in the sense that our male-dominated society has imposed those yardsticks upon us.if we follow all those rules we are accepted and if we donot follow them , we are not. i considered earlier jassi more sweet.soft and appealing. but everybody will think me a mad person as that beauty is not accepted by our society. that means jassi lost her battle and she went back to the female -stereotype of the society.so what is the uniqueness of jassi now ?  and by marrying her armaan suri is also not doing any different thing. he is marrying a perfectly shaped and dressed girl what his society prefers for him. now the very reason for which i loved jassi is her uniqueness.her manly battles. now she is no longer that jassi. but this was also in blf. what is more objectionable is jassi's modelling. which is extremely objectionable.it is like she was in the north pole and now she is in the south pole. i cannot accept this at all.i may sound like a feminist. but i am writting exactly what i believe and exactly for what i am upset.

That was brilliant Rumi,πŸ‘ but do you want to know what's even more twisted.... the very fact that Jessica has not regrets for what she has done.

Not to mention that she can eaisly make a statement to Purab saying "Jassi is dead and will not come back" and on the very next day she tells Nandu that she wants to bring Jassi back because can't see Armaan suffer.  When Nandu asked her to bring Jassi back for her parents, becase they were missing her so much, she's like I still need time.

So why was she in so much of a rush to get the press conference going so fast??? It was all because of Armaan.

So to me that reads....I don't mind being Jessica at all, but the very moment that I seem my love in so much pain, I want to come back as Jassi.  Forget about my mission and my parents.

I almost feel as if, Jessica was more concern with her love for Armaan than anything else. 

I don't have a problem with that, but this beats the whole purpose of the mission.

πŸ˜† seriously u guys r too much. but so tru. i beleive that too.😳
Originally posted by peaches

That was brilliant Rumi,πŸ‘ but do you want to know what's even more twisted.... the very fact that Jessica has not regrets for what she has done.

Not to mention that she can eaisly make a statement to Purab saying "Jassi is dead and will not come back" and on the very next day she tells Nandu that she wants to bring Jassi back because can't see Armaan suffer.  When Nandu asked her to bring Jassi back for her parents, becase they were missing her so much, she's like I still need time.

So why was she in so much of a rush to get the press conference going so fast??? It was all because of Armaan.

So to me that reads....I don't mind being Jessica at all, but the very moment that I seem my love in so much pain, I want to come back as Jassi.  Forget about my mission and my parents.

I almost feel as if, Jessica was more concern with her love for Armaan than anything else. 

I don't have a problem with that, but this beats the whole purpose of the mission.

yes peachesπŸ˜ƒ that's the ray of hope for me. i am eagerly waiting for her to come back as jassi once again and to prove that she is not at all interested with that look.she did it only to take revenge . but now she can easily be that old clumsy jassi once again without being ashamed a bit.that's my only hope  !!! i still love this show for that only!πŸ˜ƒ