R.I.P our martyrs (Page 29)

Post Reply New Post

Page 29 of 31

silverbug

IF-Dazzler

silverbug

Posted: 11 January 2013 at 10:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sharpshooter

By that account, shouldn't the Congress be held responsible for the 93 Mumbai riots? If I'm not wrong, it was the Congress government who was in power in Maharashtra at that time...

Once again, I'm not talking about the Congress. 

But if you want to know the answer - yes, the Congress is responsible. But do you honestly think that the Rath Yatra carried out by Mr . Advani was a civilized thing to do  ? You know the same Advani that went to Pakistan and praised Jinnah ?

I find gross double standards when people judge Modi. And believe me, I have been a liberal all my life, sometimes even denying my Hindu roots. But looking at what the Congress has been doing, I am inclined to shift my loyalties towards the right wing of the political spectrum. And if Gujarat's success story was a farce,
1) The current vibrant Gujarat summit would not have been a hit. At the moment, representatives from over a 100 countries have converged in Gujarat for what is supposed to be a grand business fair. You have top corporate honchos praising Modi and hailing him as a superman.
2) UK would not have been forced to revoke Modi's ban.

Most importantly, I think Modi has what other Indian leaders lack- a spine.

Also silverbug, if you want to talk about rational leaders consider this- Modi had solar panels installed over a few canals. The benefit? not only are those panels generating solar energy, but they're also preventing loss of precious water by giving shade and preventing evaporation. Plus look at the way he has cleaned the Sabarmati river and made it into a tourist spot. In my opinion that guy has some very good ideas.

You have raised some good points, but a good state for investment/business and good governance are 2 separate things. Giving rioters the full liberty to target a particular minority or shouting hate speeches on loud speakers (exactly like its done in a failed state like Kashmir) is not my idea of a government. And ask yourself a simple question - If Gujrat has really become such a great economically viable state then why are Gujratis leaving Gujrat for abroad in droves ?Almost every second Indian I know is of Gujrati origin, many of whom immigrated after modi was in power. Last year I read a news report that there were Gujratis trying to illegally cross the US-mexican border claiming to be Sikhs that were suffering from political opression in India and they wanted asylum here. What is motivating them to do that ? Gujurat has nearly 40% of population under poverty line, so what good is all this investment and progress doing ? Gujurat is not just Anand, Ahmadabad, Baroda or Surat. Gujurat is also Kheda, Porbandar, Kutchch and other tribal regions. Ask those regions about the changes and you will realize the truth about Modi's economic policies, its all about concentrating wealth in the hands of few while depriving others on socio-economic, religious or caste factors.He's standing with capitalist families who are sucking India dry and infringing upon lands of tribal peoples. Keep money of politics.

Modi has a spine but that doesn't mean I'm going to excuse him for other counts. Lal Bahadur Shastri also had a spine, I would have picked him as my leader over Modi for aforementioned reasons.

What are your views on Arvind Kejriwal and the Aam Aadmi Party ? I'm curious to know.

Edited by silverbug - 11 January 2013 at 10:18am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrro

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "R.I.P our martyrs (Page 29)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

silverbug

IF-Dazzler

silverbug

Posted: 11 January 2013 at 10:28am | IP Logged
Let's take a look at the leaders in US.

You have Romney who was a right wing, tea party republican.

You have Obama who is left wing, progressive democrat.

Do you think either of them would compromise the security of the country ? Would they tip toe  around the issues and lie to their people ? 

The answer is NO!

But in our country, we have seen leaders on all sides of the political spectrum tip toe around the issues, lie and compromise.

It's a moral problem, not a political/religious ideology problem !

China's communist party is far left, do you think they would compromise and bow down ?

Edited by silverbug - 11 January 2013 at 10:34am

sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Posted: 11 January 2013 at 12:27pm | IP Logged

@Silverbug, just a few quick points-

1) In the current age, I don't see any political leader without flaws. The Congress party which claims to be secular, until recently was an ally of the MIM, the party which Akbaruddin Owaisi belongs too. Owaisi has had a history of making hate speeches against Hindus, but even more shocking is the fact that the MIM had sided with the Nizam and opposed the amalgamation of Hyderabad into India (if my information is correct). And it wasn't even the Congress who broke the alliance, it was the MIM!

2) The sad truth about India is that the only way that the BJP can defeat the Congress is if the BJP appoints Modi as its Prime Ministerial candidate. The reason being, Modi is seen as a figure who could cause extreme polarization of Hindu voters and get them out to vote. And let's accept the fact that no other party besides the BJP is in any position to challenge the Congress.

3) Advani has only fought elections on the basis of religion. Contrast that with Modi, who fought the recent election on the plank of development. Not only that, he was pitted against the Congress, Keshubhai Patel and even the RSS/VHP (not to mention the anti-incumbency factor). The fact that he still managed to win close to 2/3rds majority says a lot about how Gujarat sees him.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrrosilverbugANNMT.krystal_watz

sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Posted: 11 January 2013 at 12:47pm | IP Logged

@Silverbug, if you want to know my views on the Aam admi party, I'm all for it. Atleast they chose to take the democratic route, which Anna Hazare should've taken as well. The biggest problem with us Indians is that we'll back Anna Hazare's agitation against corruption, but the moment he decides to join politics, we'll be the first one to criticize him. I mean, how the hell is someone supposed to clean the system without entering it? If Kejriwal has decided to join politics, it's fine with me as long as he remains clean.

And as for the government, it is hopelessly out of touch with reality. It'll restrict social media, it'll beat up non-violect anti-corruption protestors,it'll use tear gas on students protesting against rape, it'll continue rewarding people accused of major scams and it'll also reprimand its own army men for giving the enemy a fitting reply. What it will NOT do is to make cities safer, crack down on corruption, punish rapists severely (even if they are minors) and make it clear to Pakistan that we will not take infiltration and inhumane treatment of our soldiers lightly.

Silverbug also made a point about Gujaratis leaving Gujarat to go abroad. In my opinion, that does not necessarily demonstrate sub standard governance. It demonstrates that the idea of 'foreign lands full of money' still holds promise in our minds.
Personally, I used to live in Mumbai. And while I admit that Mumbai is one of the better cities of the world, I think the quality of Post graduate education is generally poor barring the IITs and IIMs. I mean for my field of Molecular Biology/Biochemistry/ Microbiology there is hardly any money available for Research purposes in government or private colleges. So I decided to move to Canada, and I think the quality of education here is really good. 

Edited by sharpshooter - 11 January 2013 at 12:52pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

silverbugANNMT.

silverbug

IF-Dazzler

silverbug

Posted: 11 January 2013 at 12:51pm | IP Logged

@Silverbug, just a few quick points-

1) In the current age, I don't see any political leader without flaws. The Congress party which claims to be secular, until recently was an ally of the MIM, the party which Akbaruddin Owaisi belongs too. Owaisi has had a history of making hate speeches against Hindus, but even more shocking is the fact that the MIM had sided with the Nizam and opposed the amalgamation of Hyderabad into India (if my information is correct). And it wasn't even the Congress who broke the alliance, it was the MIM!

2) The sad truth about India is that the only way that the BJP can defeat the Congress is if the BJP appoints Modi as its Prime Ministerial candidate. The reason being, Modi is seen as a figure who could cause extreme polarization of Hindu voters and get them out to vote. And let's accept the fact that no other party besides the BJP is in any position to challenge the Congress.

3) Advani has only fought elections on the basis of religion. Contrast that with Modi, who fought the recent election on the plank of development. Not only that, he was pitted against the Congress, Keshubhai Patel and even the RSS/VHP (not to mention the anti-incumbency factor). The fact that he still managed to win close to 2/3rds majority says a lot about how Gujarat sees him.

I always had a bad, bad feeling about MIM and it made me sick how Congress was allied to them. These people in my opinion are only a notch above SIMI and that's only because they put on a face for the public.

I knew for a FACT that BOTH owaisi brothers (not just Akbaruddin) are extremists. You have libtards like Sagarika Ghose (who only got a job because shes related to Pranab Roy) saying that "I don't think Asad can speak like this". Mark my words, people will realize one day that even Asasuddin is exactly like his younger brother.I saw a speech of him calling Jews cursed and dirty race of people, Do you think he holds Hindus, Sikhs, Christians, or even Shias and other minority Muslims in high regard ?

I only hope that one day all the skeletons of all parties and politicians come out for everyone to see in the open. Including Modi, Advani, Sonia, Manmohan, Lalu, Mulayam etc.

Edited by silverbug - 11 January 2013 at 12:51pm

sharpshooter

silverbug

IF-Dazzler

silverbug

Posted: 11 January 2013 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
I will read some of your posts later. Gotta go.

oblivious.

IF-Sizzlerz

oblivious.

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 1:24am | IP Logged
This is seriously so upsetting!:(
RIP to our martyrs.

How can one be so harsh to another fellow being?

And can people please shut it with the arguments? Its a life lost here.

PS: Did somebody show disrespect towards our soldiers? Seriously GO GET A LIFE.Dead

Edited by Aishh. - 12 January 2013 at 1:30am

souldancer

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 2:24am | IP Logged
What is this political impotentants doing... After every incident like Parliment attack , Mumbai attack , killing of Indian soldiers these political leaders telling we didnt allow to derail peace process... Peace process for whom ? Who is getting benifit for that ?... The lose is for there family & friends . Govt is telling if conflict start it will affect economy... . Govt is always on our opposite side is it for delhi rape case or Indian soldiers case... Govt want to impress somebody... I would like to ask to these political idiots if your son or daughter is killed in this way you also do the same way .

Edited by Prometeus - 12 January 2013 at 2:21am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sharpshooter.S.i.m.r.a.n.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.