Users

Frequent Posters

glassdoor thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: Onir

Interesting!!!!

A question -  are you a male????πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Anyways liked the concept... will be waiting for this one...

Question asked umpteen number of times and answered with 'No! Nahiii...mei ek abla naari hoon'  πŸ˜†
Kittya_Cullen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
LOL! I remember when I first called one of my on-forum bhais "Di"🀣🀣
glassdoor thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Hey people! πŸ˜ƒ
How are you doing? Here is the first chapter of the new story, Cinderella Story or Is it?

Now there are a few things you need to know before we begin. The plan is for this story to be straightforward, non-technical and predictable. (...😲 I know right!) .

Given my recent spate of health issues, I have decided to dabble in something light hearted and hence this story. πŸ˜›

So do not say I did not warn you!

P.S. Predictable = Whatever you guess might have > 60% of being true. πŸ˜†

Sorry for this huge font. Else nobody would bother reading it. 😊.

Chap 1:

"GEET!"

Hey Babaji, Proof! Geet quickly looked at her browser window. It was on in private browsing mode. So that was good. Her brother Tej had taught her about that mode. He used that to surf po*n. The most useless and shameless brother anybody could ever have. He was not big on sharing his nocturnal adventures but once Geet had crept up on him and caught him in the act. She had been shocked looking at some of the pictures her brother had been gawking at. Tej had then begged and cajoled her no end to let things remain a secret. He did not want Dad to know. Dad would cut down on his internet time and that for Tej was as good as dying.

So Geet had obliged. But not before she had laid down conditions of her own. Tej was supposed to reduce the volume of the music that blared from his stereo. He had to introduce every one of his girl friends to Geet whether he was 'serious' about that girl or not. Geet was worried about her brother. He was way too wayward for her taste. Dad and Mom were busy people. So the onus fell upon Geet to take care of her not so dear brother Teji. He was a rascal.

And Proof. Geet wondered why she ended up with such drama queens in life. Prafulla alias Proof had been Geet's best friend since class 1. Geet still remembered sharing her lunch box with Proof for the first time. From that moment on they had been mighty thick. Whatever problems in life be it too much homework, exam fever, first period, boys they had faced it all together. This had forged between them an unbreakable bond.

Proof was a big time specimen. Geet remembered on how due to nervousness due to their 12th board exams, Proof had her period a week early and had forgotten to put on a sanitary napkin to school. Who did that? Geet had to hunt for a napkin while Proof had been adamant on doing her last minute revision in the restroom.

Geet looked at her super secret online identity. 'DabanggDamsel'. In real life she never considered herself even remotely Dabangg or similarly spectacular. But online, people could be anything they wanted to be. And she loved that. She closed the browser window. All traces of her online presence including browser history now forgotten. A presence even Proof did not know about.

Geet was a tad worried. On a whim she had mentioned to one of her online buddies her college name. It had slipped out of her fingers as she had typed excitedly. Then she convinced herself that nobody would find out. There were literally thousands of students going to that college every year.

Before she could think further she found herself embraced in a big hug.

Geet smiled "Hey Proof."

Proof pulled up a chair and sat down beside her.

Proof "You know Mayank proposed to me yesterday."

Geet "What! That is beyond awesome. Why aren't you doing the happy dance?"

Proof shrugged "I told him long distance relationships are not my scene. It was sad but we parted on amicable terms. That is what is important."

Geet "Huh? Long distance? Proof, he is four doors down. What are you talking about?"

Proof puckered her cute nose. She was the prettiest girl in school. "You think I am letting you go alone to Bangalore of all places? I am coming along. I don't know how yet. I am negotiating with Dad."

Geet gaped "Proof! Are you crazy. Your dad like owns St Anthony's. Why do you want to move to Bangalore now."

Proof "I want to do engineering like you."

Geet should have known this was coming.

Geet "Proof why are you badgering uncle for this? He already has so…"

Proof "He has many contacts, he will make a couple of phone calls and throw some money at the right people. But it will take some time."

Geet was now staring at her "Proof, your dad is not that easy. What did you promise him in return? Spill the beans. Fast."

Proof rolled her eyes "Nothing baba. I have promised him nothing ok."

Geet somehow knew that was not true. Proof had to make excuses for even shopping. Proof's dad was seriously stingy although rich.

Proof "What were you looking at online? Application? Have I ever told you I love your study room?"

Geet "Only a million times. Tell me about Mayank."

Proof sighed "Nothing much to tell. He understood when I told him I had to make a choice. And by the way did you check your weight today?"

Geet "Aaa….not yet."

Proof "Why are you putting it off? You have been working out like crazy. Come on do the checks right now. Where is that weighing scale?"

The moment Geet had been dreading had finally come. Proof might forget to wear underwear but never about Geet's weight problems.

Proof "Alright on the count of three."

Geet "Do we have to count?"

Proof "Arre. It is the flash effect. If you look at things suddenly the impact is reduced."

Geet shook her head in exasperation. Proof and her theories. Geet closed her eyes and stood on the blasted thing that had been ruling her life since forever. Her heart was pounding.

Geet "What is it?"

Proof "Geet, you drank water just now?"

Geet "No…"

Proof "Breakfast?"

Geet "Not yet."

Proof "Ok may be it is just water retention."

Geet "Oh God! Tell me what does it read."

Proof "69."

Geet "WHAT! It was 68 couple of weeks ago. How can this happen? I have been exercising for an hour. This…"

Proof shook her head "You have been cheating. I just know it. How many sweets did you have for uncle's birthday?"

Geet "Just two."

Proof "TWO?! Geet how many times have I told you. Sweets are not to be counted like rotis. You just need to catch a whiff of them and dream about them."

Geet "I was hungry!"

Proof was angry now. Her beautiful face was pink. "Geet, do you think my figure comes easy? I count every calorie I eat. You are leaving to Bangalore to attend one of the most happening colleges. With engineering dudes! And you are not serious about this."

Geet "I am serious! I was 73 a couple of months ago. 4 kilos is progress, right? And by the way Nirmala aunty said I have a cute face."

Proof "Nirmala aunty has a son; don't listen to the crap she says. She has an ulterior motive. Now listen to me Geet. You are leaving today so we do not have much to work with here. But it will be a week before college starts right? Why don't we have you on a vegetable diet?"

Geet "I cannot hunt for fresh vegetables in a new city! Talk practically Proof."

Proof vigorously shook her head "Fine. Be the way you want to be. And get ragged just like you did in school."

Geet "What rubbish. People will be professional in engineering colleges. I am sick of you pushing me to lose weight. I have had enough. I am happy the way I am. May be I am not meant to be a model. So?"

Proof frowned "Fine. Let us not fight just before you leave."

Geet made a pouty face.

Proof "Ok baba. I am sorry. I was just keeping up my promise to aunty. Waise I am happy with the way you are too. Now only you are so pretty and cute. Imagine if you had been slim too. I cannot handle so much competition."

Geet grinned and hugged her best friend "I love you Prafulla."

Proof smiled back "I love you so much Geet. Wait for me."

Geet "Proof, stay put right here. You are not making career altering decisions based on my residential address."

Proof "We will see."

Geet "I am sure your parents will not agree. So don't risk some brownies by making things difficult. I will come during holidays. We can exchange loads of gossip online. I am staying in a hostel. So I am sure there will be plenty of it."

Proof nodded with her super serious face "Sure Geet. I have always valued your advice. Now I have got to go. I have to still buy your parting gift."

Geet stared at Prafulla as she was leaving. But did not have much time to think about anything other than packing and leaving. It was finally time for the flight.

Dad "How much does this thing weigh, Rano? We have to pay excess baggage now."

Mom "I did not get time to weigh it, Mohinder. She is leaving to a hostel for heaven's sake. She will be there for 4 yrs. Do you expect her to carry only a vanity bag?"

In any normal household, parents would be teary eyed and full of drama upon seeing their only daughter leaving them for four long years. In her house of course everyone seemed to be relieved. Come on turn on the waterworks for at least a couple of minutes people. If only for appearances sake.

Her brother was in an unusually good mood. There was now no restraint on him. He could enjoy all he wanted. Throw wild parties at their place without being constantly reminded of Geet's board exams and how she must not be disturbed. There you go, family! One cannot choose them now, can they?

And where the hell was Proof? This was not the time to be fashionably late. Geet needed enough time to process every person she was leaving back at home. At the last possible second, Proof made a wicked entrance and stated her usual standard excuses. Gave her a gift that read 'To be opened only tomorrow night.'

Once everyone was loaded into the car, it was set in motion. They roughed it through the traffic to make it to the airport on time. All the baggage check-in formalities were completed. Now it was time for security check. It was time to say final goodbyes.

Mom then broke down into her tissue and gave Geet a stifling hug. Phew! About time now. Geet was beginning to wonder if she was adopted. Even Dad took a stiff walk scouring the airport. Unless he was checking out airport security, Geet knew he was trying to hide a few tears. Biggest surprise of all Teji began crying.

Geet "Teji.."

Tej gave her a hug "Who will I irritate now?"

Ah so that was his problem.

Prafulla appeared to be calm and collected! The usual drama queen had taken a back seat. This made Geet all the more suspicious. Proof was definitely planning something concrete. Again not much time to think about her plans.  

Upon a self assuring tearful goodbye, Geet boarded the economy class of a noisy old air carrier. Teji had booked the seats right by the wing. Damn him!

Anyhow, the city of Technological Dreams, Here I come!

-----------------------------------------

Like it, Love it, Cant get enough! Press the Like Button please

Let me know what you think at every step through your comments as well 

Your love and support means everything...

-Crayon- thumbnail
Whaa???😑
R!
----
Zor ka jhatka haaye zoron se lagaa..haan laga! 
Ok..did I read right? Like did I actually read a city's name in one of your stories? I asked one such question in your first FF( I'm not going to name it here  for my own safety reasons😎) ...where do these people live? But I never got the answer! πŸ‘
Geet is all set to enter a college filled with hot dudes. That's awesome!  Hope she gets a sexy boyfriend very soon. πŸ‘πŸΌ
Proof? Proof is awesome?! Like Board exams? Sanitary napkins? Last moment revisions in the washroom? Like only you could write such intensely realistic stuff so wonderfully! πŸ‘ BTW..Geet reminds me of my friend. She says that whenever she goes home in the holidays, no one looks excited. Their expressions are always like 'Lo aa gayi!' πŸ˜Ž

P.S. My username is Crayon and I'm of course the rangili chamakti hui bulbul. I look so dull, children don't like using me yet I'm colorful! My username is as deepest and intense as me myself. So I believe that even Geet is a Dabanng! And damsel? For her to be one..there must be a Maan! β˜ΊοΈ
She is a deep person. 
Edited by -Crayon- - 11 years ago
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
first part..
loved it..
mujhe aise kyu lag raha hai ki proof bhi ja rahi hai...
every brother is relieved when sisters go to live in hostel. even my brothers were happy...
nihatri thumbnail
sooo youthful. so refreshing
Niharika.Nair thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8
Once again a totally different  maaneet story on the way!!
This Geet is a totally different characterization.  I like the freshness in her, the realness of her.
The bossiness with the brother, the blackmailing... makes her adorable
The relationship with Proof is utterly realistic and loving.
I am intrigued about the start. 
Does the public look past the weight and look at the person in front of them?  Mostly not?
Will he, intrigued to get that answer..

I am loving this already Sheesh...
Fan of glass...
Edited by had2bu - 11 years ago
t_areeb thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
all set to join college . and 69 kgs!! the college will surely make her lose weight

and what happened to proof, does she has a secret plan
Infinity. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome update...loved it