Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dr.Nix thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

A/N- Oook people , I understand I've been ...ahem...MIA after the prologue but I promise you I have a valid reason for it. I just have to make it up then I'll tell you๐Ÿ˜‰. So here's Chapter 1 to the story. Trust me its horrible. Nevertheless I'd love your comments

Anyways this chapter is basically a intro for Jagya. Kind of to give you a feel of Jagya. Next Chapter will be Jaga pukka promise๐Ÿ˜Š(Wide eyed smile here)

Oooh and can any of you guys think of a name for this story?๐Ÿ˜ณ

CHAPTER 1

Jagya shielded his eyes from the sun as he gazed into the distant fields. There was a wind today , a hard dry wind which churned up the fallen leaves and caused the dust to swirl up blocking his  vision. He sighed. Even the wind wouldn't leave him in peace. Probably because he didn't deserve that too

It had been 2 weeks since Shiv and Anandi had found him and he had returned to Jaitsar. The return had been bittersweet. On one hand he had finally reunited with his parents, his family , who had taken him back, hugged him, comforted him without a word of reproach. It felt like years since he had felt his mother's hands run through his hair as he lay face down in her lap or felt his father behind him, his strong hands resting on his shoulders, giving him comfort and support. He had missed them all, right from Dadisa to Nandu, missed them so much. Coming back to them had made him realize how much and never again would he take his beloved family for granted

On the other hand there was Anandi. Or rather Anandi and Shiv. Jagya had long since accepted the fact that Anandi had gone from him forever, that Jagyas Anandi was now Shivs. And the fact that he had only himself to blame for that didn't help.

But every time he saw her with Shiv, every time she laughed at something Shiv said, every time her face crease in concern for Shiv, every time she looked at Shiv his heart ached. That laugh should have been for him, that look should have been for him, it had all been for him once and he had thrown them all away and now they would never belong to him. It was his fault, all of it but that didn't soothe his heartache, that didn't take away the pain

Maybe this was his punishment. Maybe that's how God had planned things for him-To grow old alone , watching Anandi and Shiv living happily together. He would probably the eccentric old Uncle Jagya to their children. It was certainly a wonderful way for Fate to get back at him

Jagya sighed again. Coming back to Jaitsar had reopened all the wounds that he had thought had healed. Even with all his family around him he now spent more time sunk in his thoughts than with other people. Working at the hospital served to distract him, but once he was back he would find himself spiraling out of control. Even the nights were restless. He had dreams, horrible dreams, suffocating dreams. Sometimes Anandi's face would appear in them, sometimes he would relive all that he had done to her with horror. He was scared to go to sleep now

Sometimes Gauri would appear, imploring him to come back. Sometimes she would curse him. He didn't care. He had loved Gauri once and she had loved him too. But their relationship had been wrong. It had wrecked the lives of everyone he had cared about and had almost destroyed Anandi. And a relationship like that didn't have a future. If he was honest with himself, he had behaved more disgustingly than Gauri , but that didn't give their relationship another chance. Their entire marriage had been built on lies and unhappiness and broken hearts and inevitably it had fallen apart. He hoped wherever she was she was happy though, they had been through enough for him to still care for her.

"Bhai Sa!". Jagya half sighed half chuckled. That ridiculous competition tomorrow that Nandu and Shivs sister had set up. Unfortunately for him Nandu had taken it very seriously and seemed to consider it a test of the Singh family honour. The boy kept calling him to practice with him so that "I want to see Sanchi didi's face turn into a tomato tomorrow". Ouch

Well going down and facing Nandu seemed a much better option than standing here and wallowing in his own thoughts. Besides he thought, grinning, he would like to see Sanchis face turn into a tomato when he bested her brother tomorrow. There wasn't any doubt that he would . He had always been the best at flying kites. Not only would it be a score over Shiv( Yes he was petty) he also didn't like Sanchi all that well. He knew her type from the city, spoilt silly girls , who thought the world revolved around them and who couldn't bear a moments pain. Not like the women from his house. Not like ''.Anandi

Suddenly another face flashed in his mind. Ganga. He thought back to the last time he had seen her, straightbacked, defiant refusing to accept his help. He had never met anyone like her before. Any other woman by now would have broken down, given up, but she still remained determined, she still had her spirit. He wished he could have helped her but her idiotic ideas of independence made that impossible. In a way a part of him liked her for that independence-the part that was not furious with her for it. For some reason he wanted to help her, make sure she was allright

"Bhai Sa!" . The call came again. Jagya yelled back" Coming, Nandu!"  and with a silent prayer to the Gods to keep Ganga and women like her safe he turned back into the house. He had a competition to win

Edited by Dr.Nix - 11 years ago
Dhruti_rocks434 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Very nice written.waiting for d next one. Keep writing :)
Dr.Nix thumbnail
Originally posted by: Dhruti_rocks434

Very nice written.waiting for d next one. Keep writing :)

Thank You!๐Ÿ˜ƒ
SwastikAshNi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Good going.In short,the past of Jagya has been carefully explained to move ahead for a new future
stuti.. thumbnail
Such a lucid diction. Loved your style. Normally, FF s are not for me. But this odd one, amidst a plethora that rules here on other theme, had caught my eye. Good luck.

Your candid preamble has an interesting point on a much lauded chemistry...seeing your inclination to explore and build on the psyche of this grey character; original lead hero-turned a villain- turned a 'foil', launching second hero- turned a feeble revival, I suggest you to look into some pivotal back scenes of this character from his childhood (unable to suggest exact ones, being weak in chronological recollections). How he was, his general bent, shaping forces- flaws or good points, failures or reverts, and though impressionable, like any child, there lurked an unmistakable flair for justice and empathy...bonding strongly with child Anandi as a friend, side aside bullying, resistance,routine peer fights, patch ups and plays. Next to Anandi, his was an interesting sketch...As in Ganga, you'll have a relatively freer hand, and though I don't know, how extensively you are going to draw from the original (re Jagya)...just a suggestion.

Minionite thumbnail
Oh really nice...love your story. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Dr.Nix thumbnail
Originally posted by: SwastikAshNi

Good going.In short,the past of Jagya has been carefully explained to move ahead for a new future

Thanks. Weeell about the moving forward...๐Ÿ˜‰
Dr.Nix thumbnail
Originally posted by: stuti..

Such a lucid diction. Loved your style. Normally, FF s are not for me. But this odd one, amidst a plethora that rules here on other theme, had caught my eye. Good luck.

Your candid preamble has an interesting point on a much lauded chemistry...seeing your inclination to explore and build on the psyche of this grey character; original lead hero-turned a villain- turned a 'foil', launching second hero- turned a feeble revival, I suggest you to look into some pivotal back scenes of this character from his childhood (unable to suggest exact ones, being weak in chronological recollections). How he was, his general bent, shaping forces- flaws or good points, failures or reverts, and though impressionable, like any child, there lurked an unmistakable flair for justice and empathy...bonding strongly with child Anandi as a friend, side aside bullying, resistance,routine peer fights, patch ups and plays. Next to Anandi, his was an interesting sketch...As in Ganga, you'll have a relatively freer hand, and though I don't know, how extensively you are going to draw from the original (re Jagya)...just a suggestion.

Thank you so very much for the compliment and more so for the suggestions. Yes , Jagya's is one of the most interesting sketches in BV-so many different shades to him. Anandi hit the nail when she said" He is someone still trying to find himself" and that's exactly what makes him so much fun to write , to put on paper. I love writing Jagya purely because you never know what he will do next
I hope I live up to your expectations๐Ÿ˜Š
Dr.Nix thumbnail
Originally posted by: KS_Shreya

Oh really nice...love your story. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Thank you!๐Ÿ˜ƒ
stuti.. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Dr.Nix

Wham! She had run into something solid. Something solid and large. She jumped back instantly-Oh God had they caught up with her already? Fighting down fear she looked up at the person who blocked her way

The first thing that came to her mind was that he was startlingly handsome. Not even the scruffy beard which covered his face could mask the perfect features and the beauty of the sculpted planes of his face. The second thing that flashed through her mind was that it was a "he".

But that scuffy bread, carried on with kind of a careful affection of unconsciousness- resulting out of a fresh discovery that seeps in to hitherto unaware consciousness of a youth, perceiving first time, its pleasant effect and sensual vanity, is looking quite becoming on his finely symmetrical features. Besides, having seen his very youthful face, this late development is not only a good addition, it fits well with his present grave phase, actually adding gravity, maturity...are you updating here soon?