WOW!!....Rekha

suganain Goldie
suganain
suganain

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 10:01am | IP Logged
Rekkha writes for Balaji Productions

By: Mosiqi Acharya

February 23, 2005

Rekkha Modi has also written dialogues for soaps like Kkusum and Kya Haadsa Kya Haqeeqat
She makes millions of viewers cry every night along with Tulsi and Prerna. Nadiadwala Lane resident Rekkha Modi has been writing the dialogues for the popular prime time soaps, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Kasauti Zindagi Kay, for Balaji Productions, since more than two years now.

She says, "I was approached by Balaji when Kyunki was going to take a 20-year leap. I wrote the dialogues for the first episode after this leap." Rekkha adds that now she can't even imagine leaving Balaji Telefilms.

Rekkha's association with Balaji is not recent. She has also written the dialogues for soaps like Kkusum, Kya Haadsa Kya Haqeeqat and Kahani Teri Meri.

But she believes that penning the words for Balaji's top two soaps gives her the most creative satisfaction and is extremely content working on the current soaps.

It is no wonder then that she has denied offers of writing for serials like Saara Aakash, Sanjivani, Des Mein Nikla Hoga Chaand, Yeh Meri Life Hain, Dekho Magar Pyar Se etc.

Talking about how she started writing, Rekkha says, "I loved reading novels and poetry as a kid and I used to write letters to the editors of different newspapers.

One of my letters, which was a review of Aapka Bunty starring Shabana Azmi, was published in Navbharat Times when I was 14 years old and I earned Rs 50 for it." This 29-year-old adds that she has always dreamt of writing for a high profile company.

Today, she has fulfilled her dreams and feels at home on the sets of both the soaps she writes for. "I spend most of my time on the sets of Kyunki and Kasauti.

The best thing about working with Balaji is that I am a part of one big family," she says. It is no wonder then that she added an extra 'k', now closely associated with Balaji, to her name.

Talking about her favourite characters on both these soaps Rekkha says, "Tulsi is my favourite character on Kyunki because I feel Smriti Malhotra-Irani justifies the role completely. I also love writing for Komolika in Kasauti as I get to experiment a lot with her character and she mouths the dialogues perfectly."

So does she want to write for films in the future? "No. But I would love to pen songs. In fact I recently penned a few songs for both these soaps. Otherwise, I am quite happy writing for these soaps," concludes Rekkha.

Why Rekkha likes Malad

Why she likes the area "I have been brought up in Malad. Also, the studios are so close to home. I really don't think I will ever move out of Malad."
Where she shops "I like going to Inorbit Mall for shopping and having fun."

mahn786ch Senior Member
mahn786ch
mahn786ch

Maheen,you will live on in our hearts

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 10:14am | IP Logged

Hey thanks! but it belongs to www.india-forums.in So the mods might move it.

Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 10:14am | IP Logged
this should really be in the Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi forum
*Dipti* IF-Sizzlerz
*Dipti*
*Dipti*

Posted: 14 May 2005 at 11:21am | IP Logged
yea lol
* ^ Princess ** Goldie
* ^ Princess **