suganain
suganain

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 9:55am | IP Logged
You've to expose to be successful
   By: A hitList Correspondent
   May 13, 2005

A hitList Correspondent
DREAM GIRl MEETS FANTASY GIRL: Hema Malini, Karan Johar, Zeenat Aman
Nostalgia finds a new meaning for me today," exclaims Karan Johar, as he invites his guests Hema Malini and Zeenat Aman.

Tonight's episode of Koffee With Karan (Star World) has both these stars talking about their alleged link-ups, on-screen rivalry and their stance on skin exposure in Indian cinema today.    

"When did you first feel that Dharamji is the man you want to spend your life with?" shoots Karan, as he probes Hema Malini to spill the beans about her love affair with Dharmendra. Hema Malini actually admits that she fell for Dharamji's looks when she first set her eyes on him.

"He was the most handsome man I had ever seen. That's when I said to myself 'I would want to be with a man like him'," says an embarrassed Hema.

Moving on to their screen persona, Karan asks about the alleged on-screen rivalry between Hema and Zeenat Aman. " We were very friendly," says Hema Malini. "You mean there was there no rivalry in those days?" questions Karan.

"What happened with Hemaji and myself was our roles were very well-defined. I think Hemaji did very classical and traditional roles, and I personally had a very modern role, so we were never slotted for the same roles," says Zeenat Aman.

"Today Bipasha, Lara and Priyanka are compared to you. Does it feel good?" asks Karan.

"I do take it as a compliment because these girls are lovely, and they are doing good work with good filmmakers," replies Aman.

Adds Hema Malini, "That time only Zeenat had a lovely figure, nobody else."

Both the actresses' also debate about how the Indian film industry has changed over a period of time. "I feel sad looking at today's girls. They have to expose to be successful.

Esha struggled with the idea of exposure. But it's a requirement," says Hemaji, as she expresses her disappointment on the existing scenario.

On the other hand, Zeenat Aman is grilled about all her affairs and alleged link-ups, published across all media.

She also moves on to talk about her struggle when she decided to comeback into films.In the rapid fire round when Karan asks Hema Malini to pick an eligible bachelor for Esha from Vivek Oberoi, Abhishek Bachchan, Tusshar Kapoor or Rahul Gandhi, Hema says Abhishek, while Zeenat selects Shah Rukh Khan as the sexiest man in India!

mahn786ch Senior Member
mahn786ch
mahn786ch

Maheen,you will live on in our hearts

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 10:14am | IP Logged
Hey thanks but this topic belongs to www.india-forums.in so the mods might move it.
~*Prinkzz4eva*~ IF-Dazzler
~*Prinkzz4eva*~
~*Prinkzz4eva*~

Posted: 17 May 2005 at 5:58pm | IP Logged
hahahLOLfunni
mango Global Moderator
mango
mango

Posted: 17 May 2005 at 6:17pm | IP Logged

I am closing the topic. Please post it in the bollywood celebs section in www.india-forums.in

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index