Debate Mansion

Suicide: Who is responsible? Individual/society (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 12

Page 1
Page   of 12
Page 3 Page 12

charminggenie

IF-Rockerz

charminggenie

Posted: 11 January 2013 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
A very interesting take on suicides.

It is a step triggered by a series of events, clearly the individual is not in control of his emotions, actions and has a severe loss of understanding. The person is not clinically fit but that doesn't assuage the fact that somewhere the accountability also lies with him/her.  Life, society and the peer pressure, can be a major reason for driving someone to a suicidal state , but it will only affect if we want it to, when the want of social acceptance , constant approval and the need  to belong proceeds everything!

This is not just society's fault, as a kid many want a particular toy and they will heckle to get one just so they can show it off to other frnz .we dont realize but it is we who want the consent of society more than society judging us.

But then u have bullying and gay attacks, or the recent s**t shaming, this is where the society crosses the line, but I still say when it gets difficult to bear , share it with frnz and family go see a shrink, many of us look down upon the idea of it but there is nothing wrong , what is wrong is giving up.

Suicide not only ends a life but affects many more, the family constantly thinks of what they could have done to prevent it . 

Its a collective push but the trigger is held by an unstable individual pardon me but it is akin to a suicide bomber, he was brainwashed, wanted money yet it was him who decided to end his life...same for suicide.

It is important to be vocal about the troubles, recognize and get help

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455sub_rosaatominisboreddamselMcNinjareturn_to_hades

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Suicide: Who is responsible? Individual/society (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Nope123

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 11 January 2013 at 10:52pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

charminggenieatominisswashbuckling

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 3:39am | IP Logged
The way an individual's mind works is what causes a suicide, I'd like to believe. So, you could say the thought process of a person and how they react to a particular nasty circumstance shoved into their faces are responsible for suicides. We'll know that society sucks arse, big time. So why is it only a few people commit suicides outta the whole lot? Clearly because they have fragile, touched heads. Stern Smile

rahmona_pakswe

IF-Sizzlerz

rahmona_pakswe

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 6:50am | IP Logged
I had severe suicidel thoughts during my teens becuase of bullying. I was bullied for almost 3 years; had absolutely no one to turn to and was completely alone. Then what prevented me from taking that final step? My faith! It is probably the biggest reason why I'm still sitting here. If I hadn't had my religion I would have most likely been dead by now. When everyone let me down I found solace in faith.

So whom should I blame my suicidal thoughts for? Those who bullied? The school who didn't support me? My family who didn't quiet understand? Myself? Wish there was an easy answer to give.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrromoomin4455boreddamselMcNinjaatominisasha...charminggenieherms_angelepiphany.

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 11:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by charminggenie

What if help is not available. Confused

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455

charminggenie

IF-Rockerz

charminggenie

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 11:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

Originally posted by charminggenie

What if help is not available. Confused

if the person is able to recognize the problem , then that is a good start, see help is - not loosing hope, constantly seeking opportunities and holding once once of sanity. For bullying, family troubles ,even in India we have free counselling, where there is a will there is a way, the most important part is communication, get it out of the system, don't bottle it all in. 

BrunoMars

IF-Dazzler

BrunoMars

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 5:29pm | IP Logged
If you do feel as you are the only one who has to fight the world. I can imagine it feels like everything is after you. The society is capable of making you mentally weak. And I believe a mental unbalanced peron is not able to see good and bad. The difference is not viewable and the only option seems to be suicide. I don't think anyone would commit suicide without having the hand on the society pushing you of the building.

atominis

IF-Rockerz

atominis

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 1:37am | IP Logged
What's the role of family/society shaping an individual? (We are a result of our environment only)

Does over-pampering or constant putting down contribute to poor self esteem and coping issues?

A lot goes into an individual's actions.

Nature vs nurture debate?Resilience comes from within or is imbibed? What determines a person's sense of self efficacy and coping power?

Somebody finds faith, somebody looks to family as a reason to live. But why's it that some people don't seem to be able (or willing?) to find a reason to continue?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top