Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
@ RTH-  brilliant take on Aaron Swartz case, his is most definitely an interesting study!  I think more than his battle with the feds it was his own personal demons which caught up with him, you have Assange from wiki leaks, but for Aaron it was his inability to trust and super high expectations from everything that drove him more to the edge. I feel he needed both treatment and support to be in a stable position. 

ilovepyaar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
In my opinion, it's the individual's responsibility. You cannot hold someone else accountable for ending your own life if you're the one who does it. I know a lot of people blame the bullies for suicide (if the suicide is related to bullying), but let's get real. The bully hasn't held a gun to the person who commits suicide's head. They haven't forced them to kill themselves. By no means am I saying that bullies are right, but the person pulling the final trigger is the individual. Whether it's because of their weak mental state or something else, in the end suicide is the responsibility of the individual.
gothope thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I would say this is a fifty fifty thing. As I always say you cannot clap with one hand. So the society creates circumstances that makes an individual think the suicide route. However its ultimately the individuals decision as to what needs to be done. I am borderline suicidal so believe me I know how this works. Whats sad is here I am sitting in my office thinking for the ast two days as to how I am going to end this life and I come across this topic.
Originally posted by: hope20

I would say this is a fifty fifty thing. As I always say you cannot clap with one hand. So the society creates circumstances that makes an individual think the suicide route. However its ultimately the individuals decision as to what needs to be done. I am borderline suicidal so believe me I know how this works. Whats sad is here I am sitting in my office thinking for the ast two days as to how I am going to end this life and I come across this topic.

Strange to hear that coming from someone with an Id like yours ðŸ˜›
Edited by _twilight_ - 11 years ago
Vintage.Wine thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: _twilight_

Hah ! ..That indeed sounded HopeLess to say the least ..Has the person posted again ?... After sounding so forlorn of all hope  ? ...This is making me so worried ..I guess I must now gulp down some more wine ..that should help relieve the tension ..I hope ...I hope  ...
gothope thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: _twilight_

The point is not what  what I am saying about myself. The point is about what this world is doing and as a  result the kind of decisions people are having to make. As far as I am concerned forget me. Whatever is destined to happen to me will happen.
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Why not?
 I am not advocating suicide but would it be right or even possible to force someone to continue living against their wishes? For how long?
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: _Angie_

Why not?
 I am not advocating suicide but would it be right or even possible to force someone to continue living against their wishes? For how long?

I think we human should learn small lession from cockroaches,they have have this immense capacity of adjustment...wherever you take them, they enjoy and adjest,and they were perfectly healthy and living and reproducing..and they can lives in thousands of different climates,locations,situations and they manages to live,they goes on adjusting themselfs n living...,mind gives us 1000s of expectations and fears and they will live in fear, die in fears, expectation is the problem, the simple logic is if you ask with any expectations you will be frustrated by the answer..same thing happend in life..if you expect 100s of things in life, you will be sad or frustrated with the results..expectation is the poison..that is the seed, the root cause. Throw it out..and enjoy the moments!😊
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Prometeus

I think we human should learn small lession from cockroaches,they have have this immense capacity of adjustment...😊

Not every human being can be as stoic as a cockroach , what about them?
Try telling them that suicide is a crime or a sin and check 😛