Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Favorite stotram

Poll Question: Witch of thease storams are your most favorite?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [33.33%]
18 [66.67%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Arijit007

IF-Sizzlerz

Arijit007

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 6:22am | IP Logged
Hello, my freainds, thease are my favorite stotras. I just want to know that bitween these stotras witch one is your favorite.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Proud-India

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Favorite stotram" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

HaremSultan

IF-Rockerz

HaremSultan

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 6:32am | IP Logged
first you can't compare second omg they both are great strotams.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

--Yukthi--Proud-India

Arijit007

IF-Sizzlerz

Arijit007

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 7:44am | IP Logged
I'm not comparing them.

Proud-India

Indu_IF

IF-Dazzler

Indu_IF

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 9:46am | IP Logged
Mahishasur Mardini stotram I listen to all the time. 

Proud-India

TimenTIMEagain

TimenTIMEagain

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
Both are equally important but i voted for mahishasura mardhini, cause we play it at home everyday

Proud-India

Ranjusha

Goldie

Ranjusha

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 9:40pm | IP Logged
Second one is the one I have heard more.

Proud-India

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
Shiva Tandava Stotra...

Because of the conditions in which it was composed. He was triumphantly marching forward crushing every living being that dared to stop him- Ravana was at the height of his powers. Hence he was surprised to see a tall snow capped mountain peak blocking his way. Well, never mind- if the peak did not voluntarily move away from his path he would just uproot it and throw it away. 

Except that, there were two beings seated on the top of the peak- Mahadev and Parvati. With superhuman strength, Ravana tried to dislodge Kailash. The peak started to tilt and Parvati clutched Mahadev for support. With the nail of his left toe, Shiva pushed Ravana and he fell down- and along with him, also fell his pride, arrogance and conceit.

As he beheld Lord Shiva in his full splendor and glory, he burst into a composition  which mirrored the movements of Shiva's tandava- nritya. Since Ravana was a veena player par excellence, he was also playing the veena while singing. But in the middle, one of the strings of the veena snapped. Ravana was in a fix. he could not stop-since his song was about Shiva's tandava and it would be disastrous to stop the dance abruptly. At the same time, without the veena, it didn't sound too good either. So he wrenched out a nerve from his hand and replaced the broken string with his own nerve and continued as before.

This is said to be the origin of the 'hasta veena' . 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

meena300KarumaSindhu_usmnx12SandytatsmeKavya.KumariProud-India

Sandytatsme

IF-Dazzler

Sandytatsme

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by varaali

Shiva Tandava Stotra...

Because of the conditions in which it was composed. He was triumphantly marching forward crushing every living being that dared to stop him- Ravana was at the height of his powers. Hence he was surprised to see a tall snow capped mountain peak blocking his way. Well, never mind- if the peak did not voluntarily move away from his path he would just uproot it and throw it away. 

Except that, there were two beings seated on the top of the peak- Mahadev and Parvati. With superhuman strength, Ravana tried to dislodge Kailash. The peak started to tilt and Parvati clutched Mahadev for support. With the nail of his left toe, Shiva pushed Ravana and he fell down- and along with him, also fell his pride, arrogance and conceit.

As he beheld Lord Shiva in his full splendor and glory, he burst into a composition  which mirrored the movements of Shiva's tandava- nritya. Since Ravana was a veena player par excellence, he was also playing the veena while singing. But in the middle, one of the strings of the veena snapped. Ravana was in a fix. he could not stop-since his song was about Shiva's tandava and it would be disastrous to stop the dance abruptly. At the same time, without the veena, it didn't sound too good either. So he wrenched out a nerve from his hand and replaced the broken string with his own nerve and continued as before.

This is said to be the origin of the 'hasta veena' . 

Wow thanks for sharing this Varaali. Mind boggling it is. This I want to see in the show. Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

varaaliProud-India

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.