Members Lounge

India-Forums

Members Lounge
Members Lounge

India Forum News starts right here (Page 11)

jazmine IF-Dazzler
jazmine
jazmine

Posted: 16 May 2005 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by k_fan

meghavi_time is coming with an chatpatta interview

start guesiing the person Wink

LOL

LOL Chatpatta, I have CHAPATTI!!:PLOL

kripawgr Goldie
kripawgr
kripawgr

Posted: 16 May 2005 at 1:41pm | IP Logged

lols jennyLOL

sai that was good guess ...bo keep guessing Wink

jazmine IF-Dazzler
jazmine
jazmine

Posted: 16 May 2005 at 1:48pm | IP Logged

DJ JENNY is back in da HOUSE!!

I have very important to Announce!! As you all know for Behind the $cene$, i need more people to allow me to include them in it, if you are interested of becoming famous. This is your chance now!! Pm me and tell me why you wanna be on it, Hurry coz I need to know by tomorrow the list as I and you have very less time!! I need lots of people for tomorrow and the day after plz!!! Spy news of members shall not be posted directly, they shall be Behind the Scenes. So far I have done a  couple of people :-

Hinna (ejazlover138)
Giri bhaiya (k_fan)
Samie

Next shall appear in my Behind the $cene$ so beware!! Next people on my lists are Sai di, Bas di, Galactic, and many more, BTW their order is not decided.

Good luck everyone!! Please send me yar replies of taking a special appearance through pm, I need them very much, as the SP (secial Appearances) will have special lines to reveal the person whos been spied's truth. BTW I only need your permission to include your name in it, rest goes to me and if you wanna reveal the truth of the "Person" tell me why also wen you send the PM , thanks

jazmine IF-Dazzler
jazmine
jazmine

Posted: 16 May 2005 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by k_fan

lols jennyLOL

sai that was good guess ...bo keep guessing Wink

Jenny is a Spy u know , so she knows!!
jazmine IF-Dazzler
jazmine
jazmine

Posted: 16 May 2005 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
CryCryJenny ka bhool Gaye!! KATTI!!CryCryBTW dont turn this into a song thread so it gets deleted!"!!
jazmine IF-Dazzler
jazmine
jazmine

Posted: 16 May 2005 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
BTW do you lot like my Logo? and made 'em by my self!!
popkurn IF-Rockerz
popkurn
popkurn

Posted: 16 May 2005 at 4:52pm | IP Logged

IM BACK!!!! INDIA-FORUMS NEWS HAS STARTED! EXCELLENT! What have I missed so far?

-misha IF-Sizzlerz
-misha
-misha

Posted: 17 May 2005 at 1:07am | IP Logged

Hi i am Misha and i am back again with some new harry potter news!

Unprecedented demand for HBP adult edition

Waterstone's Books announced today that more than 250,000 adults are expected to purchase the adult edition of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on July 16th alone (exactly two months away from tomorrow), and total sales of the adult edition will likely top all of 2004's adult fiction hits combined.

Debbie Williams of Waterstone's is quoted as saying, "We are amazed by the pre-reservation demand for the adult edition of 'Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince' at launch. We are likely to see the adult edition of 'Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince' account for more than 15 percent of launch sales for this book, which means that more adults will be reading a children's book this summer."

Dan clears up Weekly Reader interview

In a recent interview with Weekly Reader, when asked how he gets along with other cast members, Daniel Radcliffe said, "Me and Emma [Watson] are like brother and sister. We don't have huge fights, but we do have altercations. Rupert [Grint] I don't really know. I don't spend that much time with him. Emma and I spend a lot more time together."

His comment led to much negative speculation, causing Dan to send a note to DanRadcliffe.com and DanRadcliffe.co.uk in an attempt to set the record straight. Dan writes:

FACT: I like Rupert, I get on with Rupert, we are friends and when we are on set together we have a good laugh.

We don't spend much time together off set - because there isn't any! Those of you who are familiar with GoF will know that there are many scenes in which Ron doesn't appear Also, I am still at school and when I am not on set filming I am in tutoring and when Rupert is not needed for filming he is not in the studio. But, we are good friends and any suggestion otherwise is wrong.

JK Rowling answers latest FAQ poll

JK Rowling's official site has been updated with Jo's answer to the latest poll question: "What is the significance of Neville being the other boy to whom the prophecy might have referred?" To find out, check out her site!

Scholastic announces HBP release contest

Scholastic is running its own Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince release contest, open to Harry Potter fans in the USA. To enter, you need to write an essay explaining "Why I Love Reading Harry Potter" that is no longer than 300 words. Ten grand prize winners will appear on the "Today" show on July 14th and will be flown to London the following day.

The rules r-

1.    NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter, print clearly/or type an essay explaining "Why I Love Reading Harry Potter" on 81/2 X 11 paper. Entries must be fully original, must not exceed 300 words and must be in the English language. All entries must include your name, address, age, gender, telephone number, name of the school you attend and the parental consent statement (PDF) set forth below (with parent/legal guardian signature); entries must be mailed with proper postage to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Contest, Scholastic Inc, 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012. ALL ENTRIES MUST INCLUDE THE PARENTAL CONSENT STATEMENT (PDF) AND BE SIGNED BY A PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN OR THE ENTRY WILL BE REJECTED. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANTS AND ENTRANTS' PARENTS/LEGAL GUARDIANS AGREE AND CONSENT TO THE USE OF THEIR NAME, AGE, GENDER, LIKENESS, ENTRY AND ESSAY BY SPONSORS WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE AND/OR COMPENSATION FOR ANY LAWFUL PURPOSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING ADVERTISING, PROMOTION OR TRADE PURPOSES. One entry per person. All entries must be received by June 16, 2005. Partially completed entries or mechanically reproduced entries will not be accepted. Scholastic Inc. ("Sponsor") assumes no responsibility for lost, misdirected, damaged, stolen, postage-due, illegible, or late entries or mail. All entries (and all rights in the winning entries) become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.

2.    Contest open to legal residents of the United States not older than 18 as of June 16, 2005, except employees of Sponsor, American Airlines, Inc., their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and their respective advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and the immediate families of each. EACH WINNER AND THEIR PARENT/GUARDIAN MUST HAVE A VALID U.S. PASSPORT AND/OR APPROPRIATE TRAVEL DOCUMENTATION, AND MUST BE AVAILABLE TO TRAVEL ON THE DATES SPECIFIED BELOW, OR PRIZE WILL BE FORFEITED AND AWARDED TO AN ALTERNATE. Contest is void where prohibited by law.

3.    Entries will be judged based on the equally-weighted criteria of (a) originality, (b) clarity and (c) how well the entry communicates the entrant's unique connection to the Harry Potter books and why the entrant loves reading them. Judging will be completed on or around June 30, 2005 by Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters relating to this contest are final and binding.

4.    Except where prohibited, each entrant's parent/legal guardian consents to the use of his/her child's name, age, gender, entry, likeness and/or essay by Sponsor without further notice or compensation.

5.    Grand Prize: Ten grand prize winners and one parent/legal guardian per winner will be flown to New York City on July 14, 2005 to appear on "NBC's Today" and participate in a presentation ceremony on July 15, 2005. The winner and guardian will then be taken to New York's JFK Airport and will depart on American Airlines last flight out of JFK Airport to London on July 15, 2005 and will receive a free copy of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince after midnight. Each Grand Prize package includes roundtrip coach class air transportation between gateway airport nearest to winner's home and New York, roundtrip coach class air transportation between New York and London (except for winners who American Airlines, in its sole discretion, chooses to provide return flights directly from London to the gateway airport nearest to such winner's home), one night standard hotel lodging based on double occupancy in New York, four nights (July 16-19) standard hotel lodging based on double occupancy in London, ground transportation between airports and hotels while in New York and London and to Scholastic presentation ceremony in New York, and $750 spending money. All travel will take place between July14, 2005 and July 20, 2005, except in the event flight availability requires earlier departure and/or later return date(s). Winners and their accompanying parent/legal guardian will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability within 5 days of notification or an alternate winner will be selected. Approximate retail value of each prize $2,750.00. Total approximate retail value of all prizes combined: $27,500. All state, federal and local taxes will be the responsibility of the winners' parents/legal guardians. In the event that the appearance on "NBC's Today" is unavailable for any reason, then the remaining elements of the prize shall constitute full satisfaction of the prize obligation to Winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. NBC Universal, Inc. is not under any obligation to broadcast or otherwise use the winners' appearance on "NBC's Today" and any decision to do so is in its sole and exclusive discretion.

6.    Prizes are non-transferable, not returnable, and cannot be sold or redeemed for cash. No prize substitution allowed, except by Sponsor in case of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. By participating, entrants, winner and accompanying parents/legal guardians agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, American Airlines, Inc., NBC Universal, Inc., their respective advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.

7.    ENTRY VALID WITH PARENT'S/LEGAL GUARDIAN'S SIGNATURE ONLY. ENTRIES RECEIVED WITHOUT PARENT'S/LEGAL GUARDIAN'S SIGNATURE WILL BE REJECTED.

8.    Winners will be notified by Sponsor via phone or mail on or about June 30, 2005. Winning entries may be published by a national news outlet, on-line and/or otherwise released by Scholastic, in whole or in part. Winners may be contacted by Sponsor to arrange an interview to appear in such outlet. No other publication or release of entries is permitted without Scholastic's prior written consent.

9.    To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by August 15, 2005 to: Harry Potter Publicity Dept., Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012.

10.Sponsor: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012

First official Katie Leung picture released

CBBC Newsround has published the first official picture of actress Katie Leung, who plays Cho Chang in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire film.

In the film Harry has a crush on the Ravenclaw Seeker, and asks her to go to the Yule Ball with him.

It's 17-year-old Katie's first acting role. She beat 5,000 girls to the role when she auditioned at an open casting call in February 2004.

She only decided to go to the casting call when her father saw an advert for it on a Chinese TV Channel.

After a series of auditions Katie eventually won the part of Cho Chang in the movie.

<>

</>

Katie, who plays the piano, is a huge music fan and listens to all kinds of music including R & B, Pop, Rock and Hip Hop.

She's not the only new actor in Goblet of Fire.

Robert Pattinson plays Cedric. Stanislav Ianevski plays Viktor and Clemence Poesy plays Fleur

So what do u think? is she as pretty as u expected/

this is Misha signing off . bye

Go to top