Page 6 of 6

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 6

twila

IF-Dazzler

twila

Posted: 25 January 2013 at 5:56am | IP Logged
Plz update soon

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "FF: A Life Revealed Part 1 (Page 6)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

LumosJinx111

Groupbie

LumosJinx111

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 6:52am | IP Logged
Chapter 9

Meanwhile, at Spinner's End, Tobias walked out to the dining room, dejectedly. This was the first time since meeting Eileen that he was walking alone to school. 

"That Mrs Prince's daughter is not to be seen nowadays," he heard his mother tell George. "D'you know where she is?"

Tobias rolled up his eyes. His mother didn't even know her name. And she hardly bothered about her when she was at Spinner's End. Tobias couldn't understand why his mother was suddenly interested in her now.

"There you are, Toby," his mother said, spotting him at the doorway. "Did you know that Mrs Prince's daughter is not to be seen? She's in your school. D'you know where's she?"

Tobias sat down and started buttering a toast, trying to look and behave nonchalantly. "She's in a boarding school," he told her. 

"Boarding school? But why?" Mrs Snape asked. "Was she expelled from school?"

Tobias finally snapped. "Do you even know her name?" he retorted. He picked up his school bag and walked out of the house before his mother could stop him.

~*~

Tobias kicked at the stones as he walked down the road to his school. He didn't feel like going to school anymore. Elizabeth, too, had left the school a year back though he had no idea where she had gone. And now Eileen. She too had gone away. And she wouldn't be back until Christmas. 

That day, Tobias was unable to concentrate in the class. He kept thinking about Eileen. Was she happy there? Did she miss him as well? He thought of sending her a letter but then realized that he did not have her school's address.  He sat back on to his chair desolately, hoping that Eileen would write to him soon.

~*~

Eileen, on the other hand, was having the time of her life. The Wizarding World fascinated her. As she crossed the lake alongwith the other first years, she looked up at the Hogwarts castle in awe. 

Her jaws dropped open when she entered the Great Hall. She had never seen anything so magnificient and she couldn't wait to write to Tobias about everything she was experiencing. She looked around and found Elizabeth, Augusta, Harry and John seated on one of the long tables and waved out to them. They waved back, smiling encouragingly. 

Very soon, the Sorting began. Elizabeth and the others had told her about the Sorting ceremony in the train and about the four houses: Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. All of them, Harry, John, Elizabeth and Augusta, were in Gryffindor and Eileen wished fervently to join them. 

Eileen began shifting uncomfortably from one foot to another when her name was called out by the new Professor, Minerva McGonagall. Eileen walked up and sat down on the stool. Professor McGonagall placed the Sorting Hat on her head. After a few minutes of deliberation, the Sorting Hat shouted out "SLYTHERIN!"

Eileen was rooted in her place, completely shocked. Her four new friends had not spoken about Slytherin in glowing terms. And now she was one. For the first time since entering Hogwarts, Eileen wished to leave the castle and go back home. Back to Tobias.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KhotaSikaShreya

LumosJinx111

Groupbie

LumosJinx111

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 6:53am | IP Logged
Chapter 10

The rains lashed mercilessly as the dark, dull day displayed no signs of ending anytime soon. Not a single soul was seen on the streets. Except one.

A bedraggled girl, all of nineteen years of age, dragged herself on the street, trying to reach the gates of the orphanage. She was pregnant and clearly in pain. No sooner than she reached the gates, she collapsed, doubled up with pain. 

Mrs Cook, the supervisor of the orphanage, was just about to close the window of her office when she saw the girl collapse. She immediately rushed out, not caring about the rain. She carefully picked up the pale, pregnant girl and brought her inside. 

Mrs Bailey rushed out to help Mrs Cook with the girl and both the ladies brought her to an empty room in the orphanage.

"Looks like she's been abandoned," Mrs Bailey whispered. "No possessions or anything. She must have gone through a lot. What must have happened?"

Mrs Cook laid a warning hand on Mrs Bailey's shoulder.

"Shh...she might hear you," she warned.

But Merope had already passed out.

~*~

9 months ago

The doctor confirmed what Merope had predicted. She was pregnant. Tom was ecstatic. As soon as the doctor left, he hugged Merope tightly.

"Oh Merope!" he exclaimed. "This is the best day of my life. After our marriage, of course!" 

Merope was silent. She was torn between her love for him and the truth behind his love for her. 

"Tom," she started tentatively. "I want to..."

Tom sat down beside her on the bed. "Yes? What do you need?" he asked, looking concerned.

She decided to wait. "Nothing," she replied. "Just a glass of water."

For the next eight months, Merope couldn't bring herself to confess. Though she tried to, many times, but she clammed up at the last minute.

A few months later, when Merope was nine months pregnant, she could bear it no longer. She could not live the lie anymore. She went up to Tom who was planting some roses in their little garden.

"Tom," she said and laid a hand on his shoulder. "I've got to tell you something."

Tom spun around as soon as he felt Merope's hand on his shoulder. "You shouldn't have got out of the bed, Merope," he admonished her lightly. "What is it? Do you need anything?"

But Merope shook her head. She was determined to confess today. "Tom, you've got to listen to me," she said. "Come in."

Tom and Merope walked in and sat down at the dining table. Merope took a deep breath while Tom looked at her closely.

"Tom," she started. "I am a witch. I..."

"You what?" Tom was astounded. "You..."

But Merope silenced him with a look. "Listen to me first, Tom," she said. "Yes, I am a witch. Do you remember the first time we met?"

Tom merely nodded, not trusting himself to speak. 

"I had mixed a love potion in your tea," she said. "I knew that you would never leave Cecilia for me. But I was in love with you. I wanted you at any cost. I wanted you to love me too. That's why I had to use a love potion."

Tom looked at her, stunned by her revelation. "So I was under the influence of a love potion, whatever that may be," he said, slowly. 

Merope nodded. "The effect of the potion will start wearing off soon, Tom," she said. "I haven't mixed it in any of your meals today. I don't want to deceive you any more."

Just then, Tom started looking at Merope in a different manner. The effect, as Merope correctly said, was wearing off.

"You've fooled me," he whispered. "All these months! You've fooled me, Merope. I'm out of here. Don't try to meet me ever again. I have nothing to do with you or this baby any more."

Saying so, Tom walked out of the house, not looking back at Merope who had collapsed on a chair.

After a few moments which felt like eternity, Merope stood up. She turned around, took one last look at her house and walked out. Out in the thunderstorm.

~*~

The wailing of a newborn infant drowned the claps of thunder. Mrs Bailey cleaned up the baby and wrapped it in a clean cloth.

Mrs Cook shook Merope's shoulders gently.

"Its a boy, my dear," she said. "Don't you want to see your son?"

Merope stirred feebly and opened her eyes. Mrs Bailey placed the infant beside her and Merope looked at her son, fondly.

"I hope he's as handsome as his father," she whispered, stroking her baby's cheek.

Mrs Cook kneeled down beside her bed. Something wasn't right. She held Merope's wrist, trying to check her pulse. 

Merope, though, looked straight at Mrs Cook. "Please name him Tom Marvolo Riddle," she said.

And, with one last look at her baby, Merope closed her eyes, never to open them again.

~~~~~The End of Part 1~~~~~

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KhotaSikaShreya

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 2:29pm | IP Logged
Oh wow...loved both chapters!!! Clap

Cutecj

Goldie

Cutecj