Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

charu_81

Goldie

charu_81

Posted: 06 January 2013 at 4:28am | IP Logged
Hi ,

Two days ago a minister commented women are responsible for attacks on them because they crossed the moral limits..He mentioned Like Sita crossed Lakshman Rekha and she got kidnapped..
There are lot of people think women should not wear western dress, not use cell phones ..etc etc

Yesterday I had been to a temple near Mysore with my friend and her family. There were only few people in the temple...As i was praying to the God with my eyes closed suddenly I heard a comment saying "Why don't you wear a Bindi? I was shocked but just ignored it..He went on saying today's women don't follow culture and incidents likes rapes and all happen...Women are responsible..."..I was shocked and was not knowing what to do..Best I thought to ignore it...
After coming home I was crying the whole night...

I was just wondering what was my mistake... Some people are from very conservative family and my family is not..My family always thought purity and culture should be from inside not from outside appearence..I was wearing an Salwar suit..Only not wearing a bindi is such a noffence..
In today's world,  we are educated, we step out side the house for work and give financial support to the family.. And people(men) preach what women should do or what she should not do...
If he have just said women should wear Bindi..I would have been ok..But what all words he said I couldnot forget. That time I was thinking whether I should answer him or not..My friend asked just to ignore him...

I am very disturbed what happened yesterday..I had gone to that temple for the first time to complete my owe that if My aunt who was very ill last month if she recovers I would pay the visit to the temple..My aunt has recovered and I went to say thanks and pray for my family...

Please give me your opinions... How should I have reacted to that person's comments?

Edited by charu_81 - 06 January 2013 at 4:53am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

lipsa123MnMLOVENikki.nithi07Ritu-samin6Muskaan92

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Yesterday's incident" in Crime patrol: Dastak forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Ritu-

Coolbie

Ritu-

Posted: 06 January 2013 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
It really disgusts me to thnink that even now some people in India are so orthodox!  They have no right to judge us from the clothes we wear. We as women have full rights to feel safe in the streets without  fearing for our lives. We have a right to wear what we want and how we want to. Angry 

By wearing certain clothes or putting on bindi will not stop from women getting raped. Until those so called "men" don't change their attitude and show us some respect nothing will change. Dead

Its very easy to blame us woman but no "male" is man enough to say that  its to do with their outlook on woman. Censored

Edited by -Ritu567- - 07 January 2013 at 10:06am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

charu_81Muskaan92

Muskaan92

IF-Sizzlerz

Muskaan92

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 6:43am | IP Logged
Such kinds of situations are very common for a girl in India. When we have some social ceremony like marriage in my home, all the ladies force me to put on bindi and dress like a traditional girl which I HATE it.
When I dont do that, they taunt me but I answer back that its my wish and NO ONE can force me to do so.

Next time, if this thing happens, be bold and please dont cry dear. A girl has the full right to decide what she has to do and what not.

Ritu-charu_81

charu_81

Goldie

charu_81

Posted: 08 January 2013 at 7:45am | IP Logged

Thanks Ritu and Kriya for your opinions and support...In our family nobody pressurises on what to wear..or not to wear..Actually my mom likes if I wear jeans...So some stranger comes and gives lecture pisses me off...

Nowadays I don't know what's wrong with some men...There one As*ram  is giving such idiotic statements to media .And his followers support him..Makes me more angry...

I wish I could sway some magic wand and send all these Idiots, and those who treat women so low to some different planet. So that we people can remain peacefully...

Ritu-Muskaan92

Nikki.

Nikki.

Posted: 08 January 2013 at 10:22am | IP Logged
you should have just slapped those guys in the face. you dont like wearing bindi dont wear it. wear whatever you feel comfortable with. I hate wearing suits and my mum doesnt put pressure on me on wearing them unless we go to the temple. 

Some idiotic baba gave some a statement to the media saying Jyoti should have called her rapists brothers and they would have stopped seriously is he dumb. and when i was reading that i felt so angry i wanted to get my brothers bat and beat him up. another stupid baba says that men eat chowmein thats why they rape

these idiotic people have no shame and still people follow them as if they are god.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

MnMLOVEPROTIM21Ritu-charu_81Muskaan92

Muskaan92

IF-Sizzlerz

Muskaan92

Posted: 09 January 2013 at 6:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nikki.

you should have just slapped those guys in the face. you dont like wearing bindi dont wear it. wear whatever you feel comfortable with. I hate wearing suits and my mum doesnt put pressure on me on wearing them unless we go to the temple. 

Some idiotic baba gave some a statement to the media saying Jyoti should have called her rapists brothers and they would have stopped seriously is he dumb. and when i was reading that i felt so angry i wanted to get my brothers bat and beat him up. another stupid baba says that men eat chowmein thats why they rape

these idiotic people have no shame and still people follow them as if they are god.

Absolutely right...Clap
Agree with you completely. Girls are not someone's property that they can do with them whatever they want. The law has given right to every girl to live as SHE feels.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MnMLOVERitu-charu_81

samin6

IF-Dazzler

samin6

Posted: 11 January 2013 at 1:35pm | IP Logged
Just shows that those rapists exist everywhere. I am a muslim so I have never visited a temple. But in any case what was actually the purpose of that person visiting a temple- to pray to God or to check your Bindi? That was none of his business. You should not have cried. Those people exist everywhere and they do even in USA. In any case why exactly are you ashamed- You went to pray, you went to a temple, you went with a good time and with a good person. Now that person should be ashamed and should cry. Because he went to a temple to criticize a women's bindi. He went to a temple to criticize against women and that to a God who is a female. He went to a temple to criticize his own Goddess. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

MnMLOVERitu-charu_81pallavi25Muskaan92

Muskaan92

IF-Sizzlerz

Muskaan92

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 1:44am | IP Logged
All the traditions are meant for the girls only. They have to look good, act good and behave in a certain way only..! And, boys...no one even bothers for them whether they do anything or not.
In this sense, every girl is "raped" at some point in her life.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.