Posted: 11 years ago

😆

Hey darlings,
Me inspired from Shika's 13 something sentence OS, have come up with my OS below. I don't usually write OSes because I am not really good at it. But anyhow I wrote the below piece and thought of posting it. Have fun reading it! Lots of love.

It was the usual day of my weekend classes. The nutty professor who always put me in a spot was on for the first hour. I was already bored. I stood outside the class admiring the scenery. The old nondescript building in front which had its sides slightly blackened because of the chimney of the factory next door. There was an acrid scent of polluting smoke. Not the most romantic of weathers. And I was known to be a die hard romantic. My romantic escapades included and were not limited to watching old classic movies and musicals over and over. I had seen the Sound of Music everyday for a year. My favorite characters in that movie were the first daughter Lisa and her German soldier lover. I absolutely adore war time romantic stories. They are the best. What was love if there was not a threat of separation or a promise to cherish the dear one for eternity?

I had looked in vain for the perfect person to fall in love with. Everyday in college and weekend class my eyes scourged the entire attendance roster for the most likely name that could be joined with mine. As long as the boy looked like Salman Khan from some angle, was willing to pledge all of his heart to me and had a noisy bike, I was game. Although the sad fact was all these 'eligible' boys were not interested in a gawky tall teenager like me. Before I forget let me also mention I wear braces to push back my buck teeth. Some people say I look cute with it. I looked up the meaning of cute in a dictionary. I don't know squat but the dictionary said 'cute = ugly but tolerable'. No kidding.

So I had greatly reduced my list of must haves for the boy of my dreams. Until it came to a point where I sounded a bit desperate even to my own ears. I had all but given up. I would leave this painful arduous task to my poor parents. They would have to go through this one last ordeal for the mistake of giving birth to me. I had heard some arguments when they fought and thought I was not there. I was apparently an 'accident'. I did not really mind because I convinced myself that I was conceived through a moment of passion. But turned out both my parents were newbies to the entire mating game and did not know how to use contraception properly.

Anyway so I was born. Luckily not out of wedlock. I don't really know how couple of people so mismatched could end up falling in love. Probably my mom wore braces and my dad wore big glasses. Whatever reason they fell in love with each other for, they were my inspiration. But now things were hard. May be I was not pretty enough for love at first sight and not deep enough for beauty that was not skin deep.

I just bided my time to see where fate would take me. And then I spotted him. It was his eyes that did me in. They were a peculiar shade of brown that gave his eyes a haunting look while maintaining a child like innocence. I found myself smiling for no reason. All the while watching him from the corner of my eye just so he would notice I had a good smile and that I had braces. I wanted to make the correct first impression you see. No point in getting my hopes up, him actually noticing me, falling a little in love, then noticing my braces and get disappointed. I wanted the order to be notice my braces, notice me, really notice me, fall in love with me and we live happily ever after.

But it was not meant to be. He was actually oblivious to my existence for a good many days. I feigned a lack of feeling from my end for my own benefit. But deep down, well as deep as I could go down, I was disappointed. He was my last desperate hope. He was someone who fit the bill. He had everything I had ever hoped for. How did I know without even talking to him? Well I just knew.

I was bitter and life seemed dull. I walked one day out of the class right in the middle of the lesson from nutty professor. He called after me. But I did not hear him. I was too involved with Mr Eyes. But turns out even my grand showy exit to exhibit the depth of my feelings to only myself was a non show. The class ended two minutes later. By the time it did though I had walked till the parking lot. There was a beggar woman there who seemed fresh on the block. She looked at me with a pathetic expression on her face that pleaded out to me. Normally I am immune to the emotional rants of distressed women. But that day something happened. May be it was just the gloomy cloudy day or the disappointment of being invisible; something about that woman's pleas struck a chord with my heart. Mechanically I opened my purse and fished out the first note I could find. Without even looking at its denomination, I handed it over to the beggar lady. The beggar's eyes became teary looking at the hundred and she said with all her heart, "May you have today whatever your heart desires." For one moment I was speechless. She pated me on my back, turned and walked away. Something made me turn 270 degrees and then I saw him. Mr Eyes. Looking at the entire scenario. He smiled. I knew then that I had started my own love story.

😆

Sorry but I was giggling at her story through out.

No not giggling at her but the fact that the mind that came up with Maanstein came up with this.

Song suggestion: Looking for love in all the wrong places 😆 Edited by had2bu - 11 years ago
Finally, an active romantic! ðŸ˜† When love does not come to you, grab it by its horns and demand a delivery!

Sound of Music every day for a year. 😳 Wow. That's commitment.

Lol, her disappointment at not being conceived in a fit of passion was palpable. I'd be disappointed too.

Now for the real question: was she speechless because of the woman's blessing or because she had forked out a hundred by mistake? 😆 I kid, of course! I'm sure such kind hearted people exist somewhere ;)
Edited by kaamchorni - 11 years ago
Sorry Sheesh, just tweaking your head like you do mine every time I try to figure out your plots😆

I just felt like giving her a hug. She is so adorable. You almost want her every wish to be fulfilled ASAP.

Truly loved reading it
Originally posted by had2bu

Sorry Sheesh, just tweaking your head like you do mine every time I try to figure out your plots😆

I just felt like giving her a hug. She is so adorable. You almost want her every wish to be fulfilled ASAP.

Truly loved reading it

😆

You cannot twist my head more than it is already ! Thanks you, Loadsalicious(Yes i make up my own words.)

Originally posted by kaamchorni

Finally, an active romantic! ðŸ˜† When love does not come to you, grab it by its horns and demand a delivery!

Sound of Music every day for a year. 😳 Wow. That's commitment.

Lol, her disappointment at not being conceived in a fit of passion was palpable. I'd be disappointed too.

Now for the real question: was she speechless because of the woman's blessing or because she had forked out a hundred by mistake? 😆 I kid, of course! I'm sure such kind hearted people exist somewhere ;)

She was speechless because her braces were biting her tongue..😃
Haaawww! What the??
Now let me reserve it properly! ðŸ˜¡
I hate you! ðŸ˜¡

------Edit--------

He smiled. She knew then that she had started her own love story. She was now sure that Mr. Eyes smiled at her gesture and not at the hidden braces. Slowly everything around her started to change. The factory that blackened the sides of the old building suddenly became the factory that would probably change the phase of our country. The chimney spoke of the development and not some smoke or pollution. War time romantic stories just became more beautiful. Songs became more musical. She plugged in the earphones and played a beautiful background score to enjoy the beautiful moment that the smile of Mr. Eyes created. She had a huge varied collection of all the background scores of different movies, TV serials etc...She played one such tune and started walking on the busy road. She couldn't stop giggling. She has now been promoted from cute to beautiful. She was still a mistake but now a beautiful mistake whom one wouldn't regret committing. A mistake that could make people's lives bigger and better. A mistake that boosted confidence.  She felt like twirling and dancing on the road. 

She walked through the park, located just next to her apartment. The usual dull and boring park filled with stray dogs has now become a place where she could sit and chat with Mr. Eyes. She suddenly felt nervous. What if he noticed her, looking at his eyes like a lost puppy? Aah..not a problem, she could say that something went into his eyes which he couldn't feel but which she could see. She started to admire the beauty of the park..the trees, the children and much more. She  was enjoying the cool breeze and the romantic weather when she suddenly heard someone shouting... "Go, Get a room people." She  turned around and saw a bunch a mischievous girls giggling after they shouted those dangerous words in public. She mentally whacked herself. What the hell was she thinking while imagining herself with Mr. Eyes in the park? They were people with dirty minds all around who only pretended that they weren't romantic! Poor souls, how would they even know what romance meant? They were usually the ignored and frustrated nerds of the world...who made fun of other people just to boost their ego. Huh!  She should now choose a better place for their date. Did she say 'date'? She giggled and started to hum the lyrics of her favorite  song... " I've spent a lifetime looking for you...". 

Her eyes now fell on a newly-married couple who were sharing an ice-cream.The wife was roughly one feet taller than her husband and they had an ancient bike which was almost broken. They kept laughing, they looked cute. This time her cute was a lovely feeling which she couldn't put in few words. She smiled and walked away while humming the song..."No more looking for love in all the wrong places..."

Edited by -Crayon- - 11 years ago
Shiku and Sheesh..you are my inspirations peepulzz...I'll never forget to take your names while receiving the 'Best Non-sense' award! Don't get upset if I forget your names or mention them in a hurry! Ok?? ðŸ¤£
@ Crayon - you have become real bulbul chamakta hua ðŸ¤£
Originally posted by glassdoor

@ Crayon - you have become real bulbul chamakta hua ðŸ¤£

I'm shining with my rangili username! ðŸ¤£
See..I'm awesome! Who else could make 'Crayon' so bulbuli???