Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MochaQueen thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
This content was originally posted by: MSluvsSI

I am like kAshaf ðŸ˜’ N i m gona probably do da same if it happenes with me in my first uni day !!

N People LiKE zAroon Exsists its my own brother in law !!

n Related to ur topci My views are different n here people wil not agre to dm so i would not like to share dm !!

its an open forum, evveryone is free to share their views, you dont have to agree with everyone :)
MochaQueen thumbnail
In islam, women have been told to cover themselves in the sense that they should only reveal their beauty to their husband. This is also a form of protection from other men. Men have also been told to lower their gaze and not look at other women, but instead of blaming men for looking at them shouldn't women just do what they can to keep themselves protected? 

It is true that the society these days has become dominated by males, men get away with everything and women usually get blamed for everything especially in India/Pakistan. I have heard about many cases in India even such as rape cases when the victim (woman) is blamed for it such as why was she out at this time, why was she wearing such clothes that provoked the assault, etc. It's just the way our society has become now.😕

Back to the question about less clothing provoking assaults, imagine if there are two women walking together, one is fully covered while the other one is wearing more tight or revealing clothing, who would the men be attracted to more? They would stare the one wearing less clothing, right?

I have even noticed in shopping malls in Pakistan men are more likely to stare at a girl when she is wearing western clothes, and I am saying this from experience.

Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: _QueenofHearts_

In islam, women have been told to cover themselves in the sense that they should only reveal their beauty to their husband. This is also a form of protection from other men. Men have also been told to lower their gaze and not look at other women, but instead of blaming men for looking at them shouldn't women just do what they can to keep themselves protected? 

It is true that the society these days has become dominated by males, men get away with everything and women usually get blamed for everything especially in India/Pakistan. I have heard about many cases in India even such as rape cases when the victim (woman) is blamed for it such as why was she out at this time, why was she wearing such clothes that provoked the assault, etc. It's just the way our society has become now.😕

Back to the question about less clothing provoking assaults, imagine if there are two women walking together, one is fully covered while the other one is wearing more tight or revealing clothing, who would the men be attracted to more? They would stare the one wearing less clothing, right?

I have even noticed in shopping malls in Pakistan men are more likely to stare at a girl when she is wearing western clothes, and I am saying this from experience.

men should lower their gaze, does not matter what the woman is wearing! Follow Islam Muslim men!!
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Exactly! Thanks Arwen and Sana.

Why is religion being brought in? All of us know what the religion says. The issue here is culture and how men seem to be exempt from everything while woman have to conform to men.

This is an issue of morality, of humanity. Assaulting and raping are wrong period! It does not matter what a woman is wearing, assaulting and raping someone is just immoral, and inhumane.
Raindrops. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Nkapoor3

men should lower their gaze, does not matter what the woman is wearing! Follow Islam Muslim men!!

Yeah but Women should also cover themselves as per Islam 
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
When men do not follow their part? Why should women?
This content was originally posted by: --Nida--

Yeah but Women should also cover themselves as per Islam

Nkapoor3 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: canuck-umz

Exactly! Thanks Arwen and Sana.

Why is religion being brought in? All of us know what the religion says. The issue here is culture and how men seem to be exempt from everything while woman have to conform to men.

This is an issue of morality, of humanity. Assaulting and raping are wrong period! It does not matter what a woman is wearing, assaulting and raping someone is just immoral, and inhumane.

it was not me who brought religion in
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
it was not me who brought religion in[/QUOTE]

I didn't say that your brought it in. I simply asked why it was being brought in, who brought it in does not matter.
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: canuck-umz

it was not me who brought religion in

I didn't say that your brought it in. I simply asked why it was being brought in, who brought it in does not matter.
ok