Pakistani Serials

Does less clothing provoke assaults? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 10

Page 1
Page   of 10
Page 3 Page 10

simplytoxic

Goldie

simplytoxic

Posted: 06 January 2013 at 11:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by starstruckk

I don't agree with Zaroon at all..I too was taken aback with the way his character scolds Asmara about the clothing she chooses to wear. Zaroon is a hypocritical character, with many double standards..the best part is that he admits he is one..it goes to show you guys to do realize how they have their double standards and how they have the tendency to treat women as inferior.

Another point I'd like to make here is..Umera as a writer is showing what goes in our society..she isn't showing that Zaroon is the perfect guy around nor is she showing that Kashaf is exemplary..she's nitpicking Zaroon and Kashaf and showing how we as people actually are. 

What I am liking about this drama is that the characters are soo realistic. Noone is too good to be true...not even the hero or heroine! They all have some weaknesses. Zaroon is a typical male, he is from a liberal family, is going around with girlfriends and enjoying but he has another set of rules for women. It's hypocracy, but that is what is actually happening all around us!

I don't think that the assaults can be blamed on women for their attires. I have seen and experienced that it doesn't matter what you wear...it all depends on the mentalities of the men. In Europe, I can roam around in jeans and western attire, without getting any disgusting comments or gazes from the men. They respect you. But in Pakistan, wearing proper shalwar kamiz with a big chadar  on my head, I have experinced bad behaviour when going shopping with my mum. In the beginning it was shocking for me, because I thought that Pakistan is a muslim country and we learn to respect women in our religion. But unfortunately...we don't practice what we learn from our religion.

These people may have strict rules for the women in their house but go out and don't show any respect to women outside.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-tehreem-starstruckkcanuck-umzasha...Nkapoor3MoNayaAshiq4evrpickachu

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Does less clothing provoke assaults? (Page 2)" in Pakistani Serials forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..-Raindrops-..

IF-Rockerz

..-Raindrops-..

Posted: 06 January 2013 at 11:30am | IP Logged
Also I think films/dramas should stop glorifying ladkion ko chedhna 
These men take a lot of inspiration from it when they see a hero doing it...they don't think its wrong, they think of themselves as some filmy hero Ouch

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

simplytoxicNkapoor3MoNayaAshiq4evr

starstruckk

IF-Rockerz

starstruckk

Posted: 06 January 2013 at 5:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by simplytoxic

I don't agree with Zaroon at all..I too was taken aback with the way his character scolds Asmara about the clothing she chooses to wear. Zaroon is a hypocritical character, with many double standards..the best part is that he admits he is one..it goes to show you guys to do realize how they have their double standards and how they have the tendency to treat women as inferior.

Another point I'd like to make here is..Umera as a writer is showing what goes in our society..she isn't showing that Zaroon is the perfect guy around nor is she showing that Kashaf is exemplary..she's nitpicking Zaroon and Kashaf and showing how we as people actually are. 

What I am liking about this drama is that the characters are soo realistic. Noone is too good to be true...not even the hero or heroine! They all have some weaknesses. Zaroon is a typical male, he is from a liberal family, is going around with girlfriends and enjoying but he has another set of rules for women. It's hypocracy, but that is what is actually happening all around us!

I don't think that the assaults can be blamed on women for their attires. I have seen and experienced that it doesn't matter what you wear...it all depends on the mentalities of the men. In Europe, I can roam around in jeans and western attire, without getting any disgusting comments or gazes from the men. They respect you. But in Pakistan, wearing proper shalwar kamiz with a big chadar  on my head, I have experinced bad behaviour when going shopping with my mum. In the beginning it was shocking for me, because I thought that Pakistan is a muslim country and we learn to respect women in our religion. But unfortunately...we don't practice what we learn from our religion.

These people may have strict rules for the women in their house but go out and don't show any respect to women outside.

I so agree...I love how the drama has real characters. We always see the perfect girl and guy..yet we hardly see such real characters that exist amongst us, or who we personally can relate too. Zaroon and Kashaf are both main characters and majorly flawed..but the best part is that they're realistic. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

simplytoxiccanuck-umz

Nkapoor3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 January 2013 at 6:08pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

starstruckk

IF-Rockerz

starstruckk

Posted: 06 January 2013 at 6:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nkapoor3

Not everyone is that flawed mind u 

I never said everyone is..everyone might not be that flawed like Kashaf or Zaroon but we're all flawed. to say the least. 

I personally find it easier to relate to flawed characters than those that are written to be too perfect for even my imagination. 

Edited by starstruckk - 06 January 2013 at 6:10pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

simplytoxic..-Raindrops-..canuck-umzHeavenlyBliss.

Nkapoor3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 January 2013 at 6:31pm | IP Logged

starstruckk

IF-Rockerz

starstruckk

Posted: 06 January 2013 at 6:38pm | IP Logged

Not everyone is that flawed mind u 

I never said everyone is..everyone might not be that flawed like Kashaf or Zaroon but we're all flawed. to say the least. 

I personally find it easier to relate to flawed characters than those that are written to be too perfect for even my imagination. 

ASHAR was also FLAWED, but Zaroon is flawed way too much 

and what's your point of bringing in Asher again? 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

simplytoxicHeavenlyBliss.

Nkapoor3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 January 2013 at 7:12pm | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top