Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 10

Page 1
Page   of 10
Page 2 Page 10

Nkapoor3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 6:47pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

uniquebluerose..-Raindrops-..canuck-umz_Maggie_

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Does less clothing provoke assaults?" in Pakistani Serials forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

canuck-umz

IF-Rockerz

canuck-umz

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 7:12pm | IP Logged
This topic is applicable to the current crisis in India or in fact any country.

In our religion men have been told to lower their gaze and respect woman

Assaults and rape are immoral simple as that. It does not matter what you are wearing. Most woman do not wear the clothes they were to attract men right? It is against basic human rights that a man not force himself upon a woman. When I see a man with a bare chest, I do not feel the urge to assault him, in fact I don't feel the urge to do anything with him then how can a woman's clothing provoke a man?

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

muna24perfectlystilluniqueblueroseMcNinjairia_luvsLindor..-Raindrops-..asha...SaffroniaNkapoor3-Marie-friends_rockIAmBadGirl

Nkapoor3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 7:14pm | IP Logged

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

uniquebluerosecanuck-umziria_luvsLindor

Nkapoor3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 7:31pm | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

..-Raindrops-..canuck-umz

..-Raindrops-..

IF-Rockerz

..-Raindrops-..

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 8:33pm | IP Logged
I can't comment much about clothes since in Islam a women should dress appropriately but men have also been told to lower their gaze 
Unfortunate reality is all these rules are always applied to women but men can do whatever they want 
Zaroon has double standards and probably represents 80% of the males in our society Dead...the only difference is that he actually accepts that he has double standards when most men don't do 
And I have seen random people passing comments on girls who wear abaya i.e fully covered...therefore ultimately the problem lies with men and not with women Ouch

Edited by --Nida-- - 05 January 2013 at 8:30pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Nkapoor3-Marie-friends_rockSofnapickachuMehwisMixcoTreeHeavenlyBliss.

..-Raindrops-..

IF-Rockerz

..-Raindrops-..

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
Idk about India but in Pakistan I have seen men who would just stare at every female they see and some even pass comments or sing cheap songs...this should also be counted as a crime since men should lower their gaze in Islam ??

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-tehreem-friends_rockNkapoor3-Marie-pickachuMehwisMixcoTreeHeavenlyBliss.

uniquebluerose

IF-Dazzler

uniquebluerose

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
Its not about men or women to blame but the mentality in seeing the women as sex objects or what to say just as their sexuality as their weak point which creates the problem...

I guess most of the south Asian countries have had male dominance or stereotyping of roles of men and women in society and home!!!

But with the changing role on women in society immoral men just use weakness of women and think of robbing their dignity as way of revenging/taking it out on society!!!

What is actually needed is better education system involving value education which changes outlook of men on women or outlook of women on men...

As far as media is concerned...they could avoid glorifying masculinity the extreme of which makes shows the image of wanting to own women or use women/degrade woman...

Double standards or even accepting that we have double standards is not enough sincere efforts must be taken rectify mentality which we imbibe right from probably birth!!!

Sorry if my thoughts offended anyone!!!!! BTW i am new to this forum...wanting to experiment Pakistani serials!!!

Edited by uniquebluerose - 05 January 2013 at 11:28pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

-tehreem-Barbie3143canuck-umzNkapoor3-Marie-SofnapickachuMehwisMixcoTree

starstruckk

IF-Rockerz

starstruckk

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
I don't agree with Zaroon at all..I too was taken aback with the way his character scolds Asmara about the clothing she chooses to wear. Zaroon is a hypocritical character, with many double standards..the best part is that he admits he is one..it goes to show you guys to do realize how they have their double standards and how they have the tendency to treat women as inferior.

Another point I'd like to make here is..Umera as a writer is showing what goes in our society..she isn't showing that Zaroon is the perfect guy around nor is she showing that Kashaf is exemplary..she's nitpicking Zaroon and Kashaf and showing how we as people actually are. 

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

-tehreem-cocojatti92canuck-umzasha...-Marie-friends_rockserendipity.pickachuMehwisMixcoTree

Post Reply New Post

Go to top