By Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Jan 6, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
More
A
A
READ MORE Ankita Lokhande|Sushant Singh|Ekta Kapoor
Ankita to quit Pavitra Rishta
Ankita Lokhande
After Sushant Singh Rajput quit Pavitra Rishta, a show that made him a household name, it's his girlfriend Ankita Lokhande's turn to follow suit. Ankita, who plays Archana, has decided to bid adieu to the show in February. 

While Sushant left the show to avoid aging on screen following a time leap and to pursue his Bollywood dreams, Ankita's decision comes after there were talks of another generation leap. 

The actress has been part of a number of time leaps in the show already. Informs a source, "Ankita is currently serving her notice period, which will end on February 15. There is another generation leap in the offing, which means that Ankita will have to play a grandmother. It's too early in her career to play a grandmother. While the production house is trying its best to convince her to stay on, chances are remote that the actress will change her mind." Both Ankita and producer Ekta Kapoor didn't revert to our text messages.

Link
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Ankita-to-quit-Pavitra-Rishta/articleshow/17900436.cms

Originally posted by: dhoomdhadaka

Pavitra Rishta might go off air

By Stuti Agarwal, TNN | Jan 10, 2013, 11.28 AM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
READ MORE Rithvik Dhanjani|Pavitra Rishta|Ankita Lokhande
Pavitra Rishta might go off air
Pavitra RishtaMore Pics
If 2012 was about leaps, the year 2013 is about new shows on television. To make way for new ones, old shows have to be wrapped up. And one such shows which might wrap up is Pavitra Rishta. The final call will be taken in February.

A source close to the production house said, "The show is likely to go off the radar. Though the TRP for Pavitra Rishta is quite good, the serial has taken quite a few leaps, the last one being in December. Now, there is other generation leap in the offing. The story needs to end somewhere," the source said. Ankita Lokhande's decision to quit the serial might have spurred the decision. However, the source rubbished the claims.

When we asked Rithvik Dhanjani, who plays Arjun in the serial, about the issue, he said, "I don't have any knowledge about this. The show has been getting above 3 TRPs. The serial is Ekta Kapoor's baby, so if she has taken this decision, it must be for the good."
😆

Edited by devashree_h - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ptecvish thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Good.Pr is more apavitra these days than ever. And post another leap people will demand a walking stick for her.
She can take a break and explore new avenues later.
Good luck to her!
When she goes I will stop watching completely!Edited by ptecvish - 11 years ago
style14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks for the article dear. 
Ankita is the face of Pavitra Rishta and its sad that shes leaving, but what else can we expect, Ekta with her silly leaps, and now again as per the article "There is another generation leap in the offing" ðŸ˜• 
Ekta and her CV's are lost of ideas so all they can think of is leaps. God knows whats going to happen to PR.
Gauravc_More48 thumbnail
Ankita don't listen to Ekta she will destroy ur career,I don't u to play a grandmother role thats it.
Look for a new show rather than doing this crap,Feb 15 will be the last day when i will watch PR after that "Bhad mein jaye Ekta n Her clueless Show"
Gauravc_More48 thumbnail
Shailee this people are lying their bedsheets on Eifel Tower n enjoying themselves on Top,But i bet this will not work out for them.
Cv's n Ekta has lost their whole mind,I hope Asha n RD also put down their papers.
mizzneetu thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
She is the face of PR. But really with these leaps, I think it kind of leaves her no choice. I thought it was odd to see her as a mother, despite she looked the same age as her kids. But she of course did an amazing job portraying a mother to grown up kids. Although Ankita as a grandmother...yeah that's going to look really weird. I would much rather see her in another show than as a grandmother here. She's so talented, I'm sure she'll be back on tv in no time if she does leave PR. 

TFS. 
pujli07 thumbnail
I am glad Ankita is quitting the show... there is nothing left to show anymore.. there is no reason for her to play a grandmother role at this point in her career... 

i also feel bad for Asha and Shruti... these girls just started and are made to do a mothers roles.. 

Gauravc_More48 thumbnail
Ankita goes n PR Dies for me.
LoveTVShows thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Ankita please quit, dont change your mind. But please someone tell me is show gonna take another 20 years leap or they are talking about 6 months leap ?
Gauravc_More48 thumbnail
Sana leap toh pata nahi but Ankita should give up now.