Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Dee- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: -Aliya-

"Sometimes she would laugh heartily during the day and let her tears seep into her pillow at night"

This. You would be surprised by how many people find that going to bed in the solace of the quiet night and thinking over the day's events can be quite a tear jerking moment. I guess our beds are magical places where we think about everything and we find that as we think back on our day, we also happen to think back over our whole life..i do anyway. I think that is what triggers the emotions. In that way, Roshni is a character that a lot of youngsters can relate to. Her thoughts, the confusion of them, this identity crisis that every teen goes through where they are just trying to find a place for themselves in the people around them, trying to put an identity to who they are and how they fit into their surroundings. and if they don't fit in then who do they fit in with? Her thoughts are like a web of tangles and it fits so well with the whole 'lost teen' phase. I know that she is 22 in that chapter but in the 2nd chapter (i've only read this far but i couldn't resist commenting on some quotes) she's referred to as the 16year old sister which is why i'm blabbing on about teens. But i guess all youngsters do go through this phase..

"Life was always beautiful just not pretty"
you know, i've never seen someone put it this way. its so simple that it almost mocks the way we still manage to complicate life and it ends up into a ugly mess. I don't know what you meant by this quote but this is what I, personally (emphasis on the 'personal opinion'), get from it: the bigger picture that humans cannot comprehend is beautiful and by beautiful i mean that it all has a purpose, theres a motive behind the ugly stuff in life. The world is wider than our view of it but because we're very limited to what we see, i guess we are selfish beings in that we call life a bitch and ugly and whatnot when we only have a small window view of the whole picture. 'pretty' ...well pretty sounds quite small next to 'beautiful' and i think that signifies that our limited view is so small next to the whole view of life.

ooh i really liked how you wrote that bit on the mother's perspective. it really made me think of my own, very much.

i know i have barely wrote a word about the story so far but i've only read til chapter 2...i'm going real slow ðŸ˜†

Deeksha! thats your full name! why did i never think to ask? anyway great stuff so far, keep it up 

I loved reading your comment, Aliya. I like how you've taken the time to actually set
 things in your perspective. And your 'personal' opinion was my personal opinion when I wrote that line. 

Thank you for such a wonderful comment. I look forward to reading more from you :)

And yeah, it's strange how you didn't know my full name, isn't it? 😆
-Dee- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anzie

It was an absolutely beautiful update! <3

Thank you :)
-Dee- thumbnail

Originally posted by: gypsy

So I am done with Chap 1 and 2 and I think I am getting your character "Roshini". She's the protagonist in the story, isn't?

Yes, she's the protagonist.

She's just like any normal girl who looks for happiness in small things. "Birthdays" are meant to be special and she isn't different. I totally agree with the not keeping in contact with old friends. It's True and I am telling it by my experience. You leave school, and a part of you leaves you. You leave college and the same thing happens. The gang of friends you have reduces to just few. But those few are your life-long friends. You can count on them anywhere and anytime.

I like to think that this change is inevitable. Done that many times - as many times I have changed schools.

Her parents view on teaching is not something I agree with. From what I have understood, she had a different goal but then she shifted to this profession and her father isn't very supportive. And the question here is why? If this is what she wants and she's happy doing, her parents should have supported her. Because ultimately she's the one who's teaching not her parents.  But her father views and this statement  "Anyways, that ain't really job."
gets him a negative point from me. 🤢

I think you'll find answers when Roshni does :P

There's a big reason why she's not ready to meet her parents and thus coming up with excuses. This is just the start and I know there's a lot more to come. So I am waiting to see how you unfold her story and her mysteries.

A very good start to the story Dee. This is just for Chap 1, I have read Chap 2 as but I'll post my views in a day or two. BTW, I saw the cover of this story and it's lovely. You should post it on first page as well.

I look forward to your views on Chapter 2 soon or I'll nag! :P

Cheers!!!

P.S. One suggestion- When writing the conversation, don't use paragraph. It makes the convo too jumbled up. Use different lines, it will look clean and easier to read.

I'll try that in the next chapter. I'm glad you told me about this. :)

P.S- With this post I am officially a GOLDIE. 😎But Yellow   

I bow to you for posting your 1000th post here but I don't like this yellow! :P

Love,
Dee

-Dee- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rasgulla_sp

That Sometimes was so melancholic... I somehow imagined a lone girl sitting on a hill top with a bare tree and a full moon in the backdrop...

I hope it was in tune with the story. :)

As for the chapter, Roshni is quite a contradictory character, if i may term her so. She wants to attend the engagement but doesn't. She reads romance novels but looks at teenage romance disdainfully. She can talk but doesn't. She shouldn't talk but does. She CAN woo but she won't.

I like how observant you are, especially about the romance part. I hope you find your answers soon.

D pls update soonish. I'm waiting...

I'll update on Monday. Thank you for commenting, R didi :)

Love,
Dee

ChaiBiskoot thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
dee.. rosh is so relatable .. im lovin the way u adding shades to her character.. !

sorry for my late replies.. well..blame the exams :(

the poem too is so thoughtfully penned..!

love ur writing <3
KKKA thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
D EE ...YOUR STORY HAS MUCH MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE 

IT IS RATHER A STORY IN A STORY 

LOVED ALL THREE PARTS 

SEE IF YOU COULD P M ME 

THANKS 

KKKA
Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
i follow a shw where roshni and riya exist...and i am shock..its a con incidence or what?

anyway, i read this first time and have to tell u, its awesome and u are a awesome writer. very different, i didnt read anything like this.

update soon
aquagal thumbnail
Ok. I'm late, sorry!!!
First of all loved the poem "Sometimes" It was beautiful. It in a way defined Rosh's character in terms of how different she can be as per her mood, she knows that she is flawed, is not perfect and has done few mistakes like we all do and I'll come later to the part of letting go.
Coming to the update -  She is comfortable with Rhea and that's why Rhea too was angry over Rosh not coming, they've spent time together.
Coming to the teenage part it looks like Roshni has done what she was telling Rhea not to as in the fun part and then had wondered what use it was.
Roshni too is like those students of hers and belongs a little to every category.  She is not going to the engagement because apart from Rhea she is not comfortable with anyone else. Is she going to talk to her parents or someone else whom she had let go once?

Please update soon unlike my comment. 😛