Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

TD-Change in DK for love, turning point (Page 3)

OodlesDoodles IF-Veteran Member
OodlesDoodles
OodlesDoodles

Posted: 16 May 2005 at 6:47am | IP Logged

1) Can you identify someone in real life with DK?
There are people like DK in real life although I do not now someone who has the all the characteristics as portrayed by DK .I do know many people who come close to most of his qualities but without any physical handicaps. Rich today but have risen from poverty with mulishness and self-determination being their ladder to success.  Confident and sure of what they need to achieve and always finding ways to make sure that they have achieve all that they were deprived in they're childhood. Not just that but much more and they always have the thirst to remain in the top.

2) Can someone change to this extent for love?
Yes. People change in love and that does not mean they lose their identity or individuality. Sometimes they change in ways that cause them to be better .One has to sometimes need someone to enter their life to make them realize that they have been missing something in life. DK really in my opinion has not changed for love but has realized the power of love .The reality is, no one does something horrible unless something horrible has been done to him or her. DK was a loving person and you can see that characteristic being portrayed with respect to his mother. The extent he went to have to beg to his foe for his mother's recovery has made this obvious to us. But as he had such an appalling and dreadful childhood he ended breaking the chain of love and traded it for an egocentric and, self-absorbed person who cared less for relations.

3) What really bought the change in his character, what was the turning point?
The change in character and the turning point is when Disha entered his life and stood up to his challenges with boldness and willpower. When dealing with DK, it was easy for Disha to be captured into non-loving behaviors like all the others that DK had trapped because of very sophisticated manipulation by DK. But Disha was quick to learn   and hence was always ready when DK would push those buttons to make her strike out in anger. Being always prepared and with lots of patience having no interest in DK's wealth along with being caring loving and dutiful was what Disha stood and anyone including DK are bound to surrender to these qualities at some point.
maja Goldie
maja
maja

Posted: 18 May 2005 at 11:30am | IP Logged

a) Can u identify someone like DK in real life?

Well, I think there are many persons like him out there. I have not met anyone exactly like him but I know people with lots of similarities with him.

b) Can someone change to this extent for love?

Here I totally agre with Swathi that DK has not changed but only realised the power of love and allowed his goodness to come out. He was basically a good man with values and character although he had grey shades but he never took advantage of his rights over Disha as a husband. He had experienced lots of pain and insecurity in his childhood which filled him with lots of hate to this world and he became ruthless and wanted to give the same to this world what he had got.

c). What really brought change in his character, what was the turning point?

Tha change in the character and the turning point was the photo shoot where he realised that Disha is his wife and he started having fellings for her. Her patience and strong will power and all the other qualities like having no interest in his wealth but her caring, loving and dutiful nature and most of all the way she took care of his mum whom he adored so much and the only person he really loved brought the change and he gradually surrendered to her completly.

Mamta_ Goldie
Mamta_
Mamta_

Posted: 19 May 2005 at 6:57am | IP Logged

Heya guys!!!

1.      Well I must b honest I don't know of any1 in my life that resembles the character of dk.  To b honest I doubt that in life u would find some1 that exactly fits the profile of dk.  In the same breath I am sure that there r people out there that can identify with certain characteristics/traits of dk.  'i.e. perhaps there r people out there that had similar childhood experiences or perhaps some people r just as ruthless in business as dk is or even perhaps due 2 some bad experience a person may have shut themselves off 2 all emotions especially luv.

2.      I guess change is always possible.  The Q is whether u r changing 4 the right reasons.  I mean when u fall in luv, u luv that person as is & if its necessary 4 that person 2 change in order 4 u 2 luv them then that would b a total change in character as u r making them in2 some1 u want 2 luv(if that makes sense).  Dk changing 4 me was not really change.  4 me dish just thought him how to luv & trust in life, something he never allowed himself 2 do due 2 incidents in his life & childhood.  So I would say he learnt something new rather than changed his character.

3.      I think the entrance of dish in2 his life made him realize that there was much more 2 life than bitterness & hatred.  U could say that Disha ne dk ko jeena sikhaya.  & this continues when she takes care of kanaka while he was in jail (I mean she could have destroyed him at any point with the POA), then she took care of his mum & portrayed many selfless gestures that made him realize what a gem she was.  If I had 2 choose 1 scene that represented the actual turning point in his life, that would b the photo shoot.  He realized on that day that disha was his "ghar ki izzat" & there was no way he was going 2 c her humiliated.

Well guys i feel like a real shrink after posting this comment.  Must b honest i am not used 2 over analysing anything, i normally just go with the flow so it took me quite a while 2 type this out.

ciao

Mamta

rm_apple IF-Dazzler
rm_apple
rm_apple

Posted: 24 May 2005 at 5:04pm | IP Logged

Can you identify someone in real life with DK?

I have not come across anyone like DK in my life.  There are some people who will go to any lenght to achieve what they seek but I have not seen anyone ruthless as the character of DK in TD.  (sorry DK).

Can someone change to this extent for love?

I guess its possible.  DK had the wrong notion about love and relationships. Dish was a breath of fresh air in his life.  So far all the people he had met exploited or inflicted pain on him in one way or the other.  Dish was quite different from the rest. She was caring, trustworthy and cultured. 

What really bought the change in his character, what was the turning point?

Change was brought about by Dish. The way the lady conducted herself in the Seghal household and office changed the way he looked at life. Everyone respected Dish.  I guess he also admired her courage for standing up against him and maintaining her dignity.  She completey took care of the house and his office when he was in prison.  Even though they had this animosity between them, she still cared for him (scenes where she prevents Dk from falling, fixing his crutches etc) and he too was well aware of it.

Go to top