TD-Change in DK for love, turning point - Page 2

Posted: 18 years ago

Hello

Well guys here is my i am sorry if i have gone on a little...

1)       Can you identify someone in real life with DK?

Well I can't really identify with DK's character in real life. It would be hard to find someone completely like DK but I am sure this world has people who could easily be identified as DK's of the real world. I have personally not come across anyone like him but it would be fascinating to meet someone like DK but I think is highly unlikely as people like that are not very common in my opinion. There are certain people I know or have known who have some similarities and characteristics but not a complete DUSHYANT KUMAR SEGHAL.

Can someone change to this extent for love?

This is the big question for me can someone change for love the way Dk has in my opinion Yes and NO. I really can't decide on a one answer in my opinion there is a balance. The way DK's character was shown from the beginning he was very stubborn, born with an attitude problem, egoist, self centred and of course I truly believe one of his negative points was that he was a playboy as he didn't want a commitment and just wanted to have relationships that would not tie him down and he is free to do whatever he can. If I was to sum up  Dk's character to me is like a Nut in a Shell if cracked will come out and will soft and mellow. This is exactly what happened Disha came along and cracked him and she was the main driving force behind him. She entered his life as someone who could challenge him and stand upto him which he found fascinating and I think enjoyed it completely as he was always mesmerised by disha. He truly realised his inner self, disha played a big part in getting him to see the goodness within him and also disha's personality influenced him to change. Disha had patience, values, love, respect, kind heart. He didn't know what relationships meant as he had a sad childhood and didn't value relationships but disha started to bring about the change. She stood by him in rough times e.g. jail, mother's illness.

One thing that striked me even when he was the same bad old DK was that you could tell he had a lot of passion for things he was attached to and whatever he did he did it with his heart and full force. I believe he has changed but I truly believe in real life a person can change but not completely I think DK has mellowed down and developed to control his anger which of course he has learnt from disha. But only recently he said he has changed but his anger and temperament he is never too sure about but than dish asked him to have control but she said one person that could change him would be DISHA. So I think a person can go through metamorphosis the way DK has but it takes a lot of courage and love for the person you are changing for and in this case DK absolutely adores disha and hence the reason the love he has for disha has changed him but he needs to go along way still with is temper and ignorance.

3)      What really bought the change in his character, what was the turning point?

I think also think like many is that the moment Disha took those vows with him that was the day the foundations were laid for DK's change even though she vowed for his destruction deep down she had taken vows to support him, respect him and always stand by him. I think her marrying him and entering his life was a big positive step and subconsciously he knew that Disha was a very nice girl even though initially she was like a trophy that he had won but little did he know that he would be changing his whole personality only for Disha.

DK and  Disha living under one roof this is what bought about the change as he really got to see what Disha really is like and vice versa as DK was shown as a shrewd businessman and had a lot of negative characteristics but he did a family life and house even though it was broken. DK's life was turned up side down as Disha made him realise she is his wife no matter what and not a trophy that he once thought that would be displayed on his mantle  piece.

Forgive me the long winded reply..

Samy😃

Edited by sree_20 - 18 years ago

Can you identify someone in real life with DK?

I Have never met a person like Dk in real life ,though i love DK's character onscreen but in real life i will surely keep distance from such men if i come across

the day disha entered dk's life everything around him changed 

What really bought the change in his character, what was the turning point?

dk  had a sad childhood ,a handicap ,a man who never belived in the institution of marriage  infact never belived that something like  "love" exists ,dk was always surrounded by people like sanya ,gargi and pari who always thought in terms of money , who did anyhting for money so he always thought that money can buy anything , when his eyes fell on disha he thought that a middle class girl like her can be easily bought for money like any other women but it was not so disha was a principled ,cultured girl who had high moral values which dk couldnot accept, her thoughts were totally against his beliefs.when she asked him to marry her he thought that she is back of his wealth, but later on he realised it was not so ,disha's confidence her love and concern for a family to which she doesnot belong by birth ,even though he created problems for her she looked after his mother. changed dk's outlook for life

1.  I don't think I've ever met anyone like DK in my life.  I've met people who have some qualities but nothing that comes close to DK's character.  To some extent, I think it's really not possible.  But who knows; maybe people like DK do exist in real life but I have yet to meet someone like him.

2.  I don't think someone can change to the extent of how much DK has changed.  Don't get me wrong.  I know people can change for love but not to this extent.  And even if they do, then it's only temporarily and for just a little while.  Their old habits will start sneaking up eventually.  Plus, I think usually when we fall in love, its with the person for who s/he is, not what we want them to be.  Maybe I'm wrong but isn't it true that we fall in love for who the person is and not want to change them?!  I can understand changing a few things but not personality altering changes like DK has supposedly.  If you look at it actually, DK didn't even change to that extent because he always had these qualities within him but they were hidden because of his childhood.  The old DK will be back because he goes after what he wants and in this case, it's his wife!  He might mend his ways of doing things but he will not give up completely.  So no, I don't think anyone changes to this extent for love!  People might do things to make the other happy but that's about it.

3.  The turning point for DK was the photo shoot.  He realizes at that point that he could not bear to see Disha embarrassed because he was beginning to think of her as his wife!  Before the shoot, he always thought of Disha was just his stubborness!  The photo shoot was the beginning of a new relationship on his part because he started trusting Disha and opening up to her leading to Sumitra's arrival in their lives.

1. its quite dificult to meet someone in real life who has the same characteristics like dk. as far as im concerned i never met someone like him yet. my cousin was somehow similar to dk but i cant say that he was like dk .

2. yes, on the one hand its possible to change urself for someones else sake or for love  but its impossible to change urself to this extent at least not in a period of 6 month. even if u have the qualities within u. on the other hand u cant really get rid of ur old habits. they will always remain within becoz they wiil be only supressed by u or ur beloved.  it could be possible that the old characteristics come back in an emotionally weak moment.

3. i think the turning point has been when dk entered the first time dishas bedroom where disha told him that he will only gain her body but not her soul. this state was something new for dk , becoz all the other woman in his life were the opposite of disha. i guess in this moment dk started to have respect for disha. of course the foundation was laid by their marriage.

sorry for my poor english!!

Sakina, sagen Sie bitte nicht traurig fr Ihre Englnder. Sie sind glnzend. Erhalten Sie die gute Arbeit aufrecht. Dank dafr, mit uns zu interagieren.

Hi Samy now ans to your qs:

I'll have to reply in affirmative! I know a few who are just like DK. Not a carbon copy but similar in many ways. Have the same kind of fear and insecurities like him, yet are very rich and powerful, in their own place. Some did not have a tormented childhood like him but coz of some reason had to start fending for them selves from a very early age in this big bad world! They lost their innocence and childlike charm and become ruthless and egocentric and climbed the ladder of success by the dint of their hard work. Basically self made man!! But worship their mom as Goddess! Will do or die for mom!! Can even sacrifice their love for mom (I'm talking about my cousin who did it and is still trying to convince his mom abt the love of his life & is 35 now!) His theory is mom has scarified a lot for us as dad died very young so it is pay back time!

Yes, person who has everything in his life but lacked love and trust can do a full 180 when he discovers a true love. But not in 6 months!! Looking at Disha one can say that you can't keep a good woman down! Person with strong character will always succeed; even if they have a lot of probs, this D taught Dk! Disha took a radically different approach to change this head strong man. His life was instrumentally good but D taught him the intrinsic value. Dk was just amazed that D never complained and put up with him at all times.Dk soon realized that selfless love is not an act put up by D but a habit. That helped Dk to overcome prejudices and preconceptions.

By a strange quirk of fate Disha comes to Dk's life and changes his life's disha! Dk had offered her a modeling assignment which she refused and that really shocked Dk. A girl with so much determination and will power, Dk just couldn't digest! In a strange way he was attracted towards her but could never accept it. His wealth and power could not shake this girl's self-determination! Wow, wow wow, Dk who was bolshy got emotionally charged and stated to believe in selfless love. Wind of love touched him and  a complete metamorphosis of Dk by Disha, paragon of virtue!

Dk realized living is temporary but love is forever………….

((Btw I had a tough time posting reply to this .....got logged out no. of times....)).

cheers

Mink

Edited by mink - 18 years ago

Nice discussion going on folks. Thanks everyone for the wonderful read. Now samy my answers to ur questions

1)      Can you identify someone in real life with DK?

Well I would say that I know a few people but not completely like DK. Something like a few characterestics here and there.

2)      Can someone change to this extent for love?

Sorry if my answer goes off the tangent. But thought pf penning all my views on this subject. I would reply in positive for this. In my opinion u will always find something good in a person when u stay with a person. U start imbibing the qualities of the other person as well(be it positive or negative). That is what is influence. In the case of DK I would say that he was not a bad person. Just that he was ruthless to get his things done. and for DK it has not been bed of roses. So he had to put in a mask. He was not a person without emotions. He has been close with his brother, his mom. Its only when Ved also misunderstood him his power was channeled 2wards getting his work done. This guy can't take no for an answer. Dish for him has been an enigma. He has been used to have girls all around him submitting to his every wish. But Dish was the 1st to stand up against him and he was intrigued, Here was a person who could take up cudgels against him. He could not put a word to that feeling that he had but i would say that it was the beginning of love. DK started noticing Dish. He was thinking abt her always. (though to get her as a model. But still...). After marriage from day one he has never taken advantage of his power or position over Dish. That itself proves his innate good character. I would not say that DK has changed rather it would be that Dish has helped him to come out of his shell. Dish has provided the needed emotional anchor to the courseless DK ship (hope u understood what am trying to say. Am not able to frame the right sentence here). DK is basically a good guy. But yes for love he is still trying to change a few bad habits of his, short temper for one. His understanding of his vices is a proof enough that he wants to change himself for his lady love.

3)      What really bought the change in his character, what was the turning point?

I think that I would also go with the popular choice, the photo shoot. That was the time when DK really started understanding his feelings for Dish and began considering Dish as his wife. He proved that he is ready to do anything for his wife when he signed away those property documents for an orphanage when in reality he wanted to build a shopping mall. At this point the husband/lover DK took over the business man/calculating DK.

Swathi

Edited by swathi - 18 years ago

1) Can you identify someone in real life with DK?
There are people like DK in real life although I do not now someone who has the all the characteristics as portrayed by DK .I do know many people who come close to most of his qualities but without any physical handicaps. Rich today but have risen from poverty with mulishness and self-determination being their ladder to success.  Confident and sure of what they need to achieve and always finding ways to make sure that they have achieve all that they were deprived in they're childhood. Not just that but much more and they always have the thirst to remain in the top.

2) Can someone change to this extent for love?
Yes. People change in love and that does not mean they lose their identity or individuality. Sometimes they change in ways that cause them to be better .One has to sometimes need someone to enter their life to make them realize that they have been missing something in life. DK really in my opinion has not changed for love but has realized the power of love .The reality is, no one does something horrible unless something horrible has been done to him or her. DK was a loving person and you can see that characteristic being portrayed with respect to his mother. The extent he went to have to beg to his foe for his mother's recovery has made this obvious to us. But as he had such an appalling and dreadful childhood he ended breaking the chain of love and traded it for an egocentric and, self-absorbed person who cared less for relations.

3) What really bought the change in his character, what was the turning point?
The change in character and the turning point is when Disha entered his life and stood up to his challenges with boldness and willpower. When dealing with DK, it was easy for Disha to be captured into non-loving behaviors like all the others that DK had trapped because of very sophisticated manipulation by DK. But Disha was quick to learn   and hence was always ready when DK would push those buttons to make her strike out in anger. Being always prepared and with lots of patience having no interest in DK's wealth along with being caring loving and dutiful was what Disha stood and anyone including DK are bound to surrender to these qualities at some point.

a) Can u identify someone like DK in real life?

Well, I think there are many persons like him out there. I have not met anyone exactly like him but I know people with lots of similarities with him.

b) Can someone change to this extent for love?

Here I totally agre with Swathi that DK has not changed but only realised the power of love and allowed his goodness to come out. He was basically a good man with values and character although he had grey shades but he never took advantage of his rights over Disha as a husband. He had experienced lots of pain and insecurity in his childhood which filled him with lots of hate to this world and he became ruthless and wanted to give the same to this world what he had got.

c). What really brought change in his character, what was the turning point?

Tha change in the character and the turning point was the photo shoot where he realised that Disha is his wife and he started having fellings for her. Her patience and strong will power and all the other qualities like having no interest in his wealth but her caring, loving and dutiful nature and most of all the way she took care of his mum whom he adored so much and the only person he really loved brought the change and he gradually surrendered to her completly.

Heya guys!!!

1.      Well I must b honest I don't know of any1 in my life that resembles the character of dk.  To b honest I doubt that in life u would find some1 that exactly fits the profile of dk.  In the same breath I am sure that there r people out there that can identify with certain characteristics/traits of dk.  'i.e. perhaps there r people out there that had similar childhood experiences or perhaps some people r just as ruthless in business as dk is or even perhaps due 2 some bad experience a person may have shut themselves off 2 all emotions especially luv.

2.      I guess change is always possible.  The Q is whether u r changing 4 the right reasons.  I mean when u fall in luv, u luv that person as is & if its necessary 4 that person 2 change in order 4 u 2 luv them then that would b a total change in character as u r making them in2 some1 u want 2 luv(if that makes sense).  Dk changing 4 me was not really change.  4 me dish just thought him how to luv & trust in life, something he never allowed himself 2 do due 2 incidents in his life & childhood.  So I would say he learnt something new rather than changed his character.

3.      I think the entrance of dish in2 his life made him realize that there was much more 2 life than bitterness & hatred.  U could say that Disha ne dk ko jeena sikhaya.  & this continues when she takes care of kanaka while he was in jail (I mean she could have destroyed him at any point with the POA), then she took care of his mum & portrayed many selfless gestures that made him realize what a gem she was.  If I had 2 choose 1 scene that represented the actual turning point in his life, that would b the photo shoot.  He realized on that day that disha was his "ghar ki izzat" & there was no way he was going 2 c her humiliated.

Well guys i feel like a real shrink after posting this comment.  Must b honest i am not used 2 over analysing anything, i normally just go with the flow so it took me quite a while 2 type this out.

ciao

Mamta

I have not come across anyone like DK in my life.  There are some people who will go to any lenght to achieve what they seek but I have not seen anyone ruthless as the character of DK in TD.  (sorry DK).

I guess its possible.  DK had the wrong notion about love and relationships. Dish was a breath of fresh air in his life.  So far all the people he had met exploited or inflicted pain on him in one way or the other.  Dish was quite different from the rest. She was caring, trustworthy and cultured. 

Change was brought about by Dish. The way the lady conducted herself in the Seghal household and office changed the way he looked at life. Everyone respected Dish.  I guess he also admired her courage for standing up against him and maintaining her dignity.  She completey took care of the house and his office when he was in prison.  Even though they had this animosity between them, she still cared for him (scenes where she prevents Dk from falling, fixing his crutches etc) and he too was well aware of it.