Pakistani Serials

Pak Panel Seeks To Ban Foreign Content At Prime...

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

chaha_khan

Goldie

chaha_khan

Posted: 04 January 2013 at 3:59pm | IP Logged

Pak Panel Seeks To Ban Foreign Content At Prime Time

Jhalak-Dikhla-JA-5

In a move apparently aimed at preventing the airing of soaps and serials from countries like India and Turkey, a Pakistani parliamentary panel has asked the government to ban all foreign content in any language during prime time on television channels. The panel further recommended that the government should take strict action against anyone who violates the proposed ban.

The meeting was attended by Information Secretary Rasheed Ahmed, PEMRA Chairman Abdul Jabbar, and television actors Qavi Khan, Laila Zuberi and Maria Wasti. The committee further suggested that PEMRA should strictly monitor television channels and cable operators and take prompt action for violation of rules.It also suggested the government should ban all advertisements featuring foreign talent.

Information Secretary Ahmed agreed with the proposal that foreign serials damaging local culture should be banned.
Actor Asif Raza Mir said steps should be taken to protect the local industry and that foreign serials should not be aired as they were harming Pakistan's culture and damaging the domestic industry. He suggested that Indian programming on cable television and FM radio channels should be banned.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

itzMYattitudeLizakhan.SilentPrincessMoNayaAshiq4evrRabz_14MehwisMixcoTreepickachu

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Pak Panel Seeks To Ban Foreign Content At Prime..." in Pakistani Serials forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

xpakigirlx

xpakigirlx

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 4:27am | IP Logged
finally...!

fk_sb_ak

fk_sb_ak

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 5:09am | IP Logged
frnds pls the ones who r on fb pls send feedbacks to urdu 1 and geo tv to stop indian shows! pls pls pls!
and ill try to send feedback on geo tv at twitter!

fk_sb_ak

fk_sb_ak

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 5:10am | IP Logged
frst of all people shud avoid geo tv!!
then they will get low trps!
but kya karei villages ki women love to watch indian serials!

coolstar211

coolstar211

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 5:58am | IP Logged
I wish these foreign shows would be banned very soon. I hate urdu1 & express but the biggest shock came from geo, I hate it to the core now there foreign show "noor" didn't worked & they bought "ghao" & "miraat-ul-uroos" on its time & INSHALLAH all the other foreign shows won't even work for all 3 channels. A-plus is better then geo atleast it didn't bought any foreign content.
Also the funny thing is the other day I was watching geo there I saw "pavitra rishta" promos & it was named "na tootay rishta". In one words -------> f**k geo, express & Urdu1

Edited by coolstar211 - 05 January 2013 at 5:57am

itzMYattitude

IF-Dazzler

itzMYattitude

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 6:05am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing =)

MehwisMixcoTree

IF-Stunnerz

MehwisMixcoTree

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 7:18am | IP Logged
I think they should be Banned ... :D

Lizakhan