Zee Marathi

Can we think beyond Marriages?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

marathi_user

marathi_user

Posted: 04 January 2013 at 8:43am | IP Logged
I see that nearly all Marathi Serials(actually nearly all Indian Tv serials and movies) only revolve around problem of marriages. Only Indians would continue to get entertained for millions of years by  watching screens whose central theme is Love and Marriages?. And the biggest joke  we Indians are actually suffering from variety of problems like, Job tensions/politics, client deadlines, traffic problems loan installments, school/college admissions,politics,sports competition, ragging, racism , property matters, health problems, corruption problems,water problems(and perhaps marriage problem)...  All these problems continue to haunt everybody(and that is life is not it?). Of course we are not so creative where we can show a serial on water problem(that class is not there with us, at least currently ), but I am sure we can surely get entertained by showing serials whose central theme is not only marriage , and the solutions provided would not only be entertaining but would help society to grow in general. But that will need lot of creativity and energy, and will not come soon until the class of audience matures(and so the market demand!). If we see Tv serials from developed countries we see lot many interesting ideas, shown creatively. We do not want to improve?. I do not believe. Please give us  serials with fresh ideas. And we can surely do that as we are also world class people in all fields. In past we see few people have tried new ideas, but they had lost the thread...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mishkil88

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Can we think beyond Marriages?" in Zee Marathi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mishkil88

IF-Dazzler

mishkil88

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 1:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by marathi_user

I see that nearly all Marathi Serials(actually nearly all Indian Tv serials and movies) only revolve around problem of marriages. Only Indians would continue to get entertained for millions of years by  watching screens whose central theme is Love and Marriages?. And the biggest joke  we Indians are actually suffering from variety of problems like, Job tensions/politics, client deadlines, traffic problems loan installments, school/college admissions,politics,sports competition, ragging, racism , property matters, health problems, corruption problems,water problems(and perhaps marriage problem)...  All these problems continue to haunt everybody(and that is life is not it?). Of course we are not so creative where we can show a serial on water problem(that class is not there with us, at least currently ), but I am sure we can surely get entertained by showing serials whose central theme is not only marriage , and the solutions provided would not only be entertaining but would help society to grow in general. But that will need lot of creativity and energy, and will not come soon until the class of audience matures(and so the market demand!). If we see Tv serials from developed countries we see lot many interesting ideas, shown creatively. We do not want to improve?. I do not believe. Please give us  serials with fresh ideas. And we can surely do that as we are also world class people in all fields. In past we see few people have tried new ideas, but they had lost the thread...
I appreciate your views, to name a few i think Asambhav, Anubandh, Lajja were not revolving around marraiges. Except ELDG, all the serials had suspicion, love-triangle, extra-marital, and kat-karasthana as essential ingredients. OMZ looked promising initially, but lost its way and went typical sas-bahu drama pattern rather than focusing on ramabai's social work.

Edited by mishkil88 - 07 January 2013 at 1:43am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

my_views

nehavarun

IF-Dazzler

nehavarun

Posted: 08 January 2013 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
The problem is that stupid topic serials actually get TRPs. I don't know who watches those..but there are people who do!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top