Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dreamy4ever thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Congratzzz for new thread 😊
Palin, if I would ask you to give a one liner as tag line for Life Partner, what would it be? Jaldi bolo, if you want a surprise :)
palindrome thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: TheBrat

Palin, if I would ask you to give a one liner as tag line for Life Partner, what would it be? Jaldi bolo, if you want a surprise :)

your tagline is perfect bratty..😊

Koolsmile thumbnail
Congo for new thread 😃
Ab yew r askin wid that cute face for more tym toh how can I not melt 😳 😆
Btw Shika , wat amazing banner 👏
The tagline is lush lush lush
Laddoo+Hemamalini=Recipe for disaster 🤣
Righto 😆
palindrome thumbnail

Thanks Shikha,my bratty[Thebrat] for this lovely banner...😊

Chapter 21
"Its 8 pm only geet.!!! How come you are not watching any of "Mahaepisode" today???"Maan asked in surprise as he saw his wife entering the room.He used to keep himself busy with his laptop during this "TV time"..
"Its Sunday maan..No serials today..."Geet replied checking her cell phone as she settled herself near maan on the bed.
"oh yes..They are aired Five days in week..Sorry I forgot..."Maan exclaimed with his fingers busy on the keypad of laptop.
"I am bored maan.."Geet whined watching her husband all lost in laptop.
"How can I help you???"Maan asked looking towards her thus providing little rest to his busy fingers.
"Why don't you "dance" and entertain me..."She suggested with a naughty smile playing on her lips.
"Why not hemamalini..It would be my pleasure to entertain you..."Maan answered as he kept the laptop away.."But before that,Can I have your cell phone please???"
"Why not patidev..But I don't have "Single ladies" in my playlist..If you want you can dance on "Fevicol song"..."
"You are getting me wrong geet..I don't want your cell phone for "song"..I need it so I can make a call to Mohinder uncle,I mean "Daddy"..He should know about my dancing performance.."Maan completed with a smirk,only to find "irritation" marking his wife's countenance.But very soon It was replaced by characteristic naughtiness as he heard her say..
"So you can get a chance to "Hug" me again...Come on maan..I am your wife..You can hug me anytime..."Geet exclaimed with a wink as she expected the usual embarrassment on maan's face,but it was not there today.Her eyes widen in surprise when she found his hands around her waist and very next moment she was pulled towards maan for a sudden "hug".
"You are right...I can hug my wife anytime"..He whispered with his lips slightly touching her ear
She smiled as she reciprocated the hug feeling some "alien" emotions for the first time in her life.This hug was different for her as strangely her senses were aware of each and every place where her body was in touch with his.She was able to feel the warmth of his palms through her clothes as they traced her spine to reach towards her shoulders to engulf her completely in his strong arms.It was Geet's first encounter with "Shyness" which made her cheeks burn and demanded little distance from her husband.She wanted to pull out from the hug but but her body along with heart betrayed her as she found herself hiding  her face in crook of his neck,letting her breaths warm his skin.
Maan smiled little finding his wifey react differently to their closeness for the first time as he spoke..."Door is open geet..Someone might come.."
"Wives are supposed to say that line,maan..."Geet spoke with a hearty laugh,coming back to her usual self, as she pulled out from warmth of his hug..."anyways your hug can't save me from boredom.."She said further trying to ease the churning sensations in her stomach due to their proximity few minutes ago.
"I am not going to dance or act for you geet.."Maan gave a warning look.."You can play some board games with aarav.."He suggested bringing his beloved laptop back to his lap.
"He is sleeping..He was too tired after our hide and seek game this evening.."She replied.
"Then you can watch some movie with maa and di.."
"They are busy watching "Ramayan" on TV..."
"You can also enjoy "Ramayan"with them..."
"No..I don't want to..I don't like "Shree Ram" much..."
"Why???"Maan asked though he was quite aware of answer he was going to get.
"I can't like a husband who demanded an "agneepareeksha" from his wife to prove purity of her character...It completely shows his lack of trust for his wife..."Geet replied in a voice with slight anger.
"Hmmm..."She heard him reply.His "Hmmm" offended her little.She felt like he did not agree to her words and it did hurt her.She was not expecting him to a "typical orthodox male".
"You think Raam was right in asking for a "agnee pariksha" from Sita???"Geet asked with her eyebrows furrowed.
"I don't know about "right or wrong" but I think he had done it for a "reason".."
"What reasons maan ???"Geet asked gritting her teeth now.
" According to me he knew very well how "weak" we males actually are..We might appear physically strong but in real we are "weaker" than women...May be thats why,Name "Shakti" is given to a goddess though the term "Shaktishali" is used for men generally..We males need a female's strength more at every step of our life whether in the form of our mothers or our wives but we are not ready to accept our weakness..Rather than accepting it males are trying to suppress their weakness since ages by showing their physical strength over women,by forcing them ,by creating such a social structure where females are made to fear so they could depend on males for a false sense of protection and by accusing as well as judging their "Character" most of the times..You know geet what was Lord Ram's Kingdom was called???
"Yes,It was called "RamRajaya".."
"and Ramrajya depicts the "perfection of a ruler"...It was one of the "best times" when everything was in order,people were good and follow the path of truth..In such a good time,that washerman showed the nerve to accuse a woman's character and that too of his "queen's character"..Raam was very well aware that if this was happened now in "Treta yug"{Lord Ram's era},It would happen in Kalyug{Era we are living in} too.Their "internal weakness" would make males to do such things in all the eras..He asked Sita to give agneepareeksha because he wanted to give a message to all the "males"...
"What message,maan???"Geet asked with genuine curiosity.
"That,You have to be "Ram" before raising a finger at some Woman's Character...You should have the moral strength to deny a beautiful woman for your wife,like he denied "Shrupnakha" when she came to him in a beautiful woman's appearance...You should have courage to fight for your wife,only then you can judge a woman's character..."
Maan spoke now looking in Geet's eyes which were looking at him differently at that moment.The usual naughtiness was absent in those hazels,instead there was a calmness and reverence like she was looking at something "divine".For once he could not remove his eyes from her face as he spoke.."You were saying about Raam's lack of trust for sita,geet..."
"Hmmm.."She responded nodding her head for yes.
"According to Tulsidas's Ramacharitmanas,Lord Raam asked sita for agneepariksha because he had complete trust for his wife's character..He already knew that She would pass it and Agni{Fire} won't burn her as Agni destroys the impure or sinful only,not pure and innocent..."He sighed loudly as he completed.."Hope you won't dislike Raam that much now..."He spoke further with a smile.
"You know maan the day Daddy scolded me for that prank,What did he say about you???"Geet exclaimed in a serious and calm voice.
"What???"
"He said, I have got such a good husband who has accepted my childishness with open arms.."
"and you don't agree with your father???"He asked,a little embarrassed with all the praise his father in law has showered on him.
"No..Because you are not a "Good husband"..You are the "Best husband" any woman can get..You are the "Best brother" any woman can get..You are the "Best son" any woman can get"..Geet spoke as she leaned forward to press her "first kiss" on her husband's cheek..
Hello peeps...
Hope you liked this chapter..
I am noone to judge Lord Ram's acts..
and I am noone to change your opinions about this "agneepariksha"...i know many of us dont like it..i just tried to see this incident in a different way...
pms later

Edited by palindrome - 11 years ago
I don't think I have the age or experience to comment on a God, yet I would like to put my thoughts here. When we talk about right and wrong, I wonder what is right at the first place. Define right.
As a king, who had to put an example to his Praja, wasn't it was Ram's responsibility to give an explanation? Wasn't he right in this case then?
If we apply this to our current scenario, won't we question our ruler if he's involved in any scam? Would we want him to come clean? What if he doesn't care about her accusations thinking that it was one odd person's opinion and it doesn't matter? We would be livid with anger, because we believe our ruler, who rules us should be an epitome of righteousness. If Ram hadn't bothered about the fisherman's opinion, what example would he set to the future generations?
The trust part was already described by Palin, so I would touch another side of the coin.
You know when I was a child I read this story of the fisherman who accused Sita. There was a back story to him.
There were two parrots at Valmiki's ashram. It was the time when Valmiki was writing Ramayana, and it indeed is happening, although at a slower pace in real life.
Once these two parrots flew to Sita's palace and were discussing about Ramayana and the man who's going to come to Sita's swayamwar. A curious Sita asked the parrots more details since it was her future they were discussing about. When the parrots told her they don't know more, Sita locks up the female parrot in Pinjar and asks Male parrot to go back and let her know.
Male parrot flees to Aashram, but couldn't get the details and female parrot dies. Knowing this, the male parrot would die too before throwing a curse that Sita should also face the separation from her life partner as he did. And in next birth, the parrot was born as the fisherman.
Now who to blame?
I ask the same question again, what is right and what is wrong?
Last but not the least, I don't believe Ram was happy with Sita's separation. Nothing could pain more than separation, and nothing could pain more than knowing that you are responsible for it somehow...
Edited by TheBrat - 11 years ago
love4all thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
rEdited by love4all - 11 years ago
Audiwalia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
WOW!!!!! i like maan's explaination but still i m not very big fan of lord Ram i can understand why he takes his wifes agnipariksha but after that he send her on 14 years of vanvaas ...why nd i guess ram era was sat yug ...nd Mahabhart treta yug main hui thi... May be i m wrong i don't know???
Anyways lovely part... Totally loved it...Edited by Audiwalia - 11 years ago
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
u updated.. that was a surprise...

this is one of the most conteroversial topic of Ram yug. i never accept any explaination for this act. when i was young i never cared abt this but when i watched Lajja that's first time this question came to my mind.

i've been a big fan of Krishan bhagwan not lord ram. 
i like ur point of view.. but still if he denied supernakha she also denied ravan..

ram-sita ke discussion me mai update pe udate dena to bhul hi gayi...

the hug was nice... mujhe laga tha sasur ko complain matter me mood off hoga but well i forgot it was ur ff. that was nice part...😊😊😊😊😊
Edited by mannubhardwaj - 11 years ago
palindrome thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheBrat

I don't think I have the age or experience to comment on a God, yet I would like to put my thoughts here. When we talk about right and wrong, I wonder what is right at the first place. Define right.
As a king, who had to put an example to his Praja, wasn't it was Ram's responsibility to give an explanation? Wasn't he right in this case then?
If we apply this to our current scenario, won't we question our ruler if he's involved in any scam? Would we want him to come clean? What if he doesn't care about her accusations thinking that it was one odd person's opinion and it doesn't matter? We would be livid with anger, because we believe our ruler, who rules us should be an epitome of righteousness. If Ram hadn't bothered about the fisherman's opinion, what example would he set to the future generations?{i completely agree with you shikha.. I wish our current leaders could take a lesson from Lord Ram..In his kingdom a fisherman's opinion mattered to him as a ruler..If our leaders could hear a common man's problem/opinion in same way..our country would be in much better shape and state...]
The trust part was already described by Palin, so I would touch another side of the coin.
You know when I was a child I read this story of the fisherman who accused Sita. There was a back story to him.
There were two parrots at Valmiki's ashram. It was the time when Valmiki was writing Ramayana, and it indeed is happening, although at a slower pace in real life.
Once these two parrots flew to Sita's palace and were discussing about Ramayana and the man who's going to come to Sita's swayamwar. A curious Sita asked the parrots more details since it was her future they were discussing about. When the parrots told her they don't know more, Sita locks up the female parrot in Pinjar and asks Male parrot to go back and let her know.
Male parrot flees to Aashram, but couldn't get the details and female parrot dies. Knowing this, the male parrot would die too before throwing a curse that Sita should also face the separation from her life partner as he did. And in next birth, the parrot was born as the fisherman.
Now who to blame? {No one..if someone is right at his/her place,he/she would surely be wrong in someone other's opinion..Right and wrong are just "concepts"to counterbalance each other...Thank you so much for this parrot story..It was new to me..}
I ask the same question again, what is right and what is wrong?
Last but not the least, I don't believe Ram was happy with Sita's separation.No he was not..He could have married after banishment of sita but he did not..][nothing could pain more than separation, and nothing could pain more than knowing that you are responsible for it somehow...