Harry Potter
Harry Potter

Dan Answers Questions

-misha IF-Sizzlerz
-misha
-misha

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 6:21am | IP Logged

Newsletter Preview ::

For this newsletter, I have decided to answer several questions which have been posted on Danradcliffe.com. Just for the record, the questions were chosen at random by a friend and not by me because as everyone knows I never visit websites.

1. HOW MANY TIMES A WEEK DO YOU HAVE GUITAR LESSONS AND DO YOU ENJOY THEM?

Unfortunately, because I have been so busy on Goblet of Fire and revising for my exams I have stopped having lessons as there weren't enough hours in the day!!!!!!! However I hope to get back to them when things ease up a little.

2. CURRENTLY WHAT ARE YOUR FAVOURITE SONGS?

Retreat by The Rakes, Not Everyone by Nine Black Alps and Tuned To A Different Station by Dogs

3. HOW TALL ARE YOU?

5'5 and a half inches – the half inch is very important!

4. WHAT MOVIE HAVE YOU SEEN RECENTLY?

The German film The Edukators directed by Hans Weingartner - loved it!

5. WHAT IS THE MOST PLAYED SONG ON YOUR IPOD?

No Surprises by Radiohead

6. WHAT IS THE MOST BEWILDERING THING ABOUT GIRLS?

I never know whether they are laughing with me or at me.

7. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK AT THE MOMENT?

I have just finished 1984 by George Orwell and loved it.

8. IS THERE SOMETHING YOU HAVE LEARNED TO COOK YET?

Yes, I love cooking Baked Gnocchi Bolognese (it's very easy and a bit of a cheat). It's a recipe by Delia Smith and you can find it at Danradcliffe.com and Danradcliffe.co.uk. If I can make it – anyone can!!!!!!

9. IS THERE ANYTHING ABOUT GIRLS THAT ANNOY YOU?

Yes, girls who are totally obsessed with being cool.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE SIMPSON EPISODE

Currently Homer Loves Flanders (Series 5)

-misha IF-Sizzlerz
-misha
-misha

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 6:22am | IP Logged
this is from danradcliffe.com.Smile
kavita_b Senior Member
kavita_b
kavita_b

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
yepp Misha's right Smile               but thx
Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 1:51pm | IP Logged

Thanks for the info, Mish!

Originally posted by

He has good taste! Smile

-misha IF-Sizzlerz
-misha
-misha

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 10:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MysticaMagic

Originally posted by

He has good taste! Smile

u have read the book? how's it like? what's it about?Smile

Mrs.Brett Lee IF-Rockerz
Mrs.Brett Lee
Mrs.Brett Lee

-

Posted: 14 May 2005 at 2:08am | IP Logged
Thanks Misha.
Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 14 May 2005 at 4:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by misha

Originally posted by

He has good taste! Smile

I haven't finished it completely...I'm still reading it online, but so far I like the story a lot!

Here's a brief summary: (Courtesy: Online-Literature.com)

In 1984, Winston Smith lives in London which is part of the country Oceania. The world is divided into three countries that include the entire globe: Oceania, Eurasia, and Eastasia. Oceania, and both of the others, is a totalitarian society led by Big Brother, which censors everyone's behavior, even their thoughts.

Winston is disgusted with his oppressed life and secretly longs to join the fabled Brotherhood, a supposed group of underground rebels intent on overthrowing the government. Winston meets Julia and they secretly fall in love and have an affair, something which is considered a crime.

One day, while walking home, Winston encounters O'Brien, an inner party member, who gives Winston his address. Winston had exchanged glances with O'Brien before and had dreams about him giving him the impression that O'Brien was a member of the Brotherhood. Since Julia hated the party as much as Winston did, they went to O'Brien's house together where they were introduced into the Brotherhood.

O'Brien is actually a faithful member of the Inner-Party and this is actually a trap for Winston, a trap that O'Brien has been cleverly setting for seven years. Winston and Julia are sent to the Ministry of Love which is a sort of rehabilitation center for criminals accused of thoughtcrime.

There, Winston was separated from Julia, and tortured until his beliefs coincided with those of the Party. Winston denounces everything he believed him, even his love for Julia, and was released back into the public where he wastes his days at the Chestnut Tree drinking gin.

-misha IF-Sizzlerz
-misha
-misha

Posted: 14 May 2005 at 4:28am | IP Logged

Originally posted by misha

Originally posted by

He has good taste! Smile

I haven't finished it completely...I'm still reading it online, but so far I like the story a lot!

Here's a brief summary: (Courtesy: Online-Literature.com)

In 1984, Winston Smith lives in London which is part of the country Oceania. The world is divided into three countries that include the entire globe: Oceania, Eurasia, and Eastasia. Oceania, and both of the others, is a totalitarian society led by Big Brother, which censors everyone's behavior, even their thoughts.

Winston is disgusted with his oppressed life and secretly longs to join the fabled Brotherhood, a supposed group of underground rebels intent on overthrowing the government. Winston meets Julia and they secretly fall in love and have an affair, something which is considered a crime.

One day, while walking home, Winston encounters O'Brien, an inner party member, who gives Winston his address. Winston had exchanged glances with O'Brien before and had dreams about him giving him the impression that O'Brien was a member of the Brotherhood. Since Julia hated the party as much as Winston did, they went to O'Brien's house together where they were introduced into the Brotherhood.

O'Brien is actually a faithful member of the Inner-Party and this is actually a trap for Winston, a trap that O'Brien has been cleverly setting for seven years. Winston and Julia are sent to the Ministry of Love which is a sort of rehabilitation center for criminals accused of thoughtcrime.

There, Winston was separated from Julia, and tortured until his beliefs coincided with those of the Party. Winston denounces everything he believed him, even his love for Julia, and was released back into the public where he wastes his days at the Chestnut Tree drinking gin.

thanx a lot , mystica.Hug

sounds like a good bookBig smile

Go to top