SSLK bashing...very sad

Mohini19 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Hey SSLKians, I wanted to share something with you all.

I never make such posts. But, I'm so saddened by the recent SSLK bashing in some other forums (And I'm not going to name other shows here, its immaterial and most of you may already know) and how of these folks fail to understand why SSLK has such high TRPs compared to other Zee shows.

I fail to understand what pleasure do people derive by posting such messages when they have either not watched SSLK or even if they do they don't realize that Its a coming of age story of two girls and not a usual saas-bahu drama. People don't realize that the success of SSLK is due to its storyline and excellent execution and sticking to the theme of the show. Its also utterly useless to write to such folks directly because they get abusive and Its like banging your head against a wall.

I don't know if any of you have seen messages in other forums questioning SSLK TRPs but it is just annoying to me and simply childish and immature to see people questioning SSLK and its content just because their favorite shows may not be doing that well.

Anyways, I wanted to share this with fellow SSLKians.

Peace and have a great day!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

brat2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
 @ mohini 19😆
                    SSLK may be "SOUR GRAPES" for everybody else who do not follow this unique show.

They may not be able to digest the fact that this series does not have big starry names but still managed to hit top of the charts

It is really beyond their understanding that a show where the script takes off from the mainstream drama  to proving a valid point  makes an existence too😃

And What an existence SSLK- Totally rocking👍🏼

Just by having Big known names need not make the cut always😃

Lesson to all- Bring a change into your thinking  and learnt to accept change coz 'CHANGE IS CONSTANT'

SSLK ians  another week of celebration for us🥳So Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

HIP HIP HURRAY to SSLK for its Pivotal success. Keep it up CV,s👍🏼
Mohini19 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@ brat2008: completely agree with you and loved every bit of what you wrote.

Kudos to SSLK's team not only for the rising TRPs but also the fact that they managed to do it without any big starry telly names. That says a lot about the content of SSLK.

People don't watch SSLK for big stars but for its content.

Even some of the simplest tracks were executed with sheer excellence.

And SSLK is not only a coming of age story. It delivered a good message with Mintu-acid track, the hooligans asking college girls not to wear jeans, eve-teasing etc. And that is what makes SSLK unique.
Edited by Mohini19 - 11 years ago
swagakevin2 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Dont pay heed to their ignorance..SSLK is one the best and simplicity shows and that's why it has been doing well..
JulieD thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I absolutely love this show. I hope it stays clear of all saas-bahu drama and continue to be entertaining just the way it is.
Rhapsody thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
I didn't even know anyone was bashing SSLK! They don't have anything better to do, I guess. This show is terrific and even my parents are loving it too.
-LiveLaughLove- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
SSLK has the best TRP's on Zee because it doesn't have bad tracks and they don't drag.. They have the best storyline that is why they have the best TRPs.. I am very happy Kudos to the whole team of SSLK! I hope this show continues to thrive
rakshaanra thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
like I said before, it doesnt matter what people say.
Face, majority people come home to see saas bahu fights or husband wife\

I suppose looking at trps people cannot relate to teens

I suppose in India (sorry if I hurt feelings) people are perhaps too traditional in the sense that as soon as girl gets 16 years she needs to be married off.

Trends are changing but through TV we can see the culture as these are shows people see daily and they only wanna shows they can identify with.

no offence, but we really shouldnt  care what others say🐷
-Eris- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I think people are surprised how can a show with no known faces /popular celebrities / 'physically perfect' people manage such high trp s !!! The show has stiff competition from sasural simar ka(4.1) still we manage to pull in the highest numbers for zee. SSLK has delivered what it promised a youth show which tackles the problems of adolescence. The track changes every few days keeping the audience always on their toes. Social issues which were tackled are definately an added bonus and so is the background music which always has the latest hit songs. The direction is fantastic extracting the best of the actors making the bond between the characters real. The story line has never focused on just one individual or couple. Every character is beautifully penned keeping in mind small details charu who keeps saying namaste to dholu to dayal who i still dont know loves shayl or not. So yeah people who dont watch the show have no clue what this show can offer and resort to bashing .
ThePirateKing thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I don't know in which show's forum the bashing happened. I can guess 2 of the forums where this would have happened

I do visit some of them and find that majority of them are interested in the hotness quotient of the male lead and stuff like that. No offence to their preferences but when they see nothing of that sort here they find it strange
Edited by Merc_Nary - 11 years ago