Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

Tulsi in progressive play

rashmi1 Senior Member
rashmi1
rashmi1

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 5:19am | IP Logged
Smriti Z Irani
Finally, Tulsi has let the cat out of the bag. No, it's not one of those hackneyed plots one comes across in the saas-bahu soaps.

Smriti Z Iraani, who plays the popular matriarch on the small screen, will now step into the shoes of being a theatre producer.

Although she refuses to divulge details about her play, "I would want the play to speak for itself", it is official that the Kyunki actress will star and act in Kuch Tum Kaho Kuch Hum Kahein along with her co-star Apara Mehta (who plays Savita on the show).

Quiz her about her turning to theatre and she says, "I am damn nervous. Being pitted against stalwarts like Apara Mehta is no joke."

She explains the difference between doing a daily soap and theatre. "There is a huge responsibility that comes along with doing a play. With Kyunki, you have the option of switching it off if you want. But when you watch a play, it's live; there is no remote control in your hand," says Smriti.

Iraani considers this new project as part of being an acting workshop.

"There are so many things one learns on stage. It's a whole new world. It's scary yet challenging at the same time. One cannot afford any goof ups or retakes on stage."

Was this an impulsive decision? "Not really. It's been in the offing for the last eight months.

Doing a play for three hours is exhaustive," she says.

When asked if this is an effort to break free from the Tulsi mould, she says, "No, it's not. It's just that I strive to be a better actor and I have discovered the stage is the best workshop anyone can have."

Apart from this new project, the actress will soon be leaving for Monte Carlo to be part of an esteemed jury for the film festival. "When I heard about this, I thought it was a joke.

One can imagine Nandita Das or Shabana Azmi being part of such events, but who would have thought Tulsi Virani would get such an honour?" she says.

Is she being humble? "Well it is a matter of pride for me, no doubt. But the feeling has to sink in. I will leave on May 24 and be there till early next month."

The actress hasn't had the time to decide what she will wear or who willl design her outfits. "Apara is freaking out. She calls me thepla aunty jokingly. She expects me to pack a tiffin of theplas and go there," says the actress.

For someone who has already made a benchmark in terms of acting on the small screen, it will be interesting to see a raw and unplugged version of this firehouse performer on stage.

§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG Goldie
§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG
§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 6:17am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing the article..its nice to know that smriti is taking another step forward in her career

Edited by IMP TNG - 13 May 2005 at 6:21am
nandinee Senior Member
nandinee
nandinee

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 8:38am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing!
lucky_lakshmi IF-Sizzlerz
lucky_lakshmi
lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 14 May 2005 at 3:32am | IP Logged
wow!gr8!Clap
Shilpa07 IF-Dazzler
Shilpa07
Shilpa07

Posted: 14 May 2005 at 4:48am | IP Logged
thts nice..thnx 4 sharing!Big smile
~*Prinkzz4eva*~ IF-Dazzler
~*Prinkzz4eva*~
~*Prinkzz4eva*~

Posted: 14 May 2005 at 9:30am | IP Logged
thanx fur sharing.......i never new tahtConfused
sportsguy131 Senior Member
sportsguy131
sportsguy131

Posted: 07 July 2005 at 12:42am | IP Logged
hey thx for sharing the article!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top