Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MithiBani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: Yankees

A lot of people died in the 1984 riots; both Hindu's and Sikh's. I don't think Amitabh is solely to be blamed and/or to be blamed at all for starting the Hindu-Sikh 'war'. People should act with their own frame of mind; why blame others for your actions; everyone acted irresponsibly then.

Indira Gandhi's assassination was just WRONG; what she did at the Golden Temple to combat Khalistani terrorism, was not wrong. Not sure why most Punjabi's paint it in a bad light. 🥱 The terrorist Bhindrawaala asked for it.

What was happening before Operation Bluestar was wrong. Hindus were unfairly targetted, offloaded from buses in Punjab and shot at and killed by Bhindrawale's terrorrists. Then Operation Bluestar happned. It was IMO not wrong. Was necessary to kill that terror mastermind. After Indira Gandhi was killed, the 1984 riots were SO darn wrong. These ppl..Jagdish Tytler, Kamal Nath...ministers who were supposed to control the anger of the public fueled it instead. They distributed weapons to kill Sikhs. And Rajiv Gandhi...the incompetent dimwit, instead of apologising for them, said 'When a tree falls, the earth shakes...' 🤔
Yankees thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: KaranPsbakht

totally agree her assasination was wrong but amitabh added fuel into the fire by asking for revenge" which sane person does that? In the end thousands of fellow sikhs died. Innocent people who had nothing to dowith it

Let's be clear, both Hindu's and Sikh's were killed; I personally don't blame AB. A lot politician/celebs make outrageous comments in India and other places.

There were a bunch made after the Delhi Rape Case; did anyone use them as an excuse to rape women? 'oh she was wearing a short skirt; so she wanted to be raped'. Just saying people should know better than to use herd mentality.
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

He may have or may not have a hand in it; I just don't think its fair to blame anyone else for your actions. Those people chose to take the kirpaans in their hands and slash each other. 🤔

Post 9/11 there was a lot of hate crimes against desis; I personally didn't witness any but those that committed those crimes can't blame Bush or any other leader who went on saying Muslims are terrorist.

My Friend has seen the Doordarshan telecast footage of Big B where he was giving those instigating speech. I agree, even if he ask ppl 2 do such things, it was their call at the end, but being a idol of millions, he shud not have done that either.
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I think the topic is rather sensitive tbh and TM i understand your outrage but lashing out esp now wont do anything 
Yankees thumbnail
Originally posted by: K.Sean

What she did to the Golden Temple WAS wrong! How could she even think of entering and bombing up a religious shrine of the Sikhs like that? I don't think you would have been saying this if it was a Shiva temple.
He is considered a terrorist in your and Indira's eyes, but not everyone considered him one. By dealing the way she did.. he died as a shaheed in the eyes of Sikhs and not a terrorist. And how can you even compare the few Hindu's who died with the thousands of Sikhs who were brutally killed? Maybe you should have though once before posting a post like this Meena!

We all know Bhindrwaala used innocent Sikh's to shield himself in the Golden Temple. He should have known better than to take the 'war' against the government to a religious place; Indira Gandhi did what she had to do to counter his tactics.

It's a matter of opinion; a lot of people consider Osama Bin Laden a saint too; a Jihadi; doesn't make him one.
wat_up thumbnail
Topic is rather sensitive and can hurt senimentsEdited by wat_up - 11 years ago
Yankees thumbnail
Originally posted by: MithiBani

What was happening before Operation Bluestar was wrong. Hindus were unfairly targetted, offloaded from buses in Punjab and shot at and killed by Bhindrawale's terrorrists. Then Operation Bluestar happned. It was IMO not wrong. Was necessary to kill that terror mastermind. After Indira Gandhi was killed, the 1984 riots were SO darn wrong. These ppl..Jagdish Tytler, Kamal Nath...ministers who were supposed to control the anger of the public fueled it instead. They distributed weapons to kill Sikhs. And Rajiv Gandhi...the incompetent dimwit, instead of apologising for them, said 'When a tree falls, the earth shakes...' 🤔

My Masad ji; along with other Hindu's, was pulled out of a Moga bound bus, lined up and about to be shot by the Sikh militants but to their luck the authorities came in the nick of time.

What Rajev Gandhi did as a government official in retaliation was just ruthless. He had the opportunity to put an end to it.
Yankees thumbnail

And how can you even compare the few Hindu's who died with the thousands of Sikhs who were brutally killed? Maybe you should have though once before posting a post like this Meena!

I see nothing wrong with my post, it's an opinion, you can agree or disagree.

Both sides were brutally murdered and they were all innocent. I can't highlight the atrocities against one group and ignore the other.
Edited by Yankees - 11 years ago
atominis thumbnail

<font color="#FF0099" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">A lot of people died in the 1984 riots; both Hindu's and Sikh's. I don't think Amitabh is solely to be blamed and/or to be blamed at all for starting the Hindu-Sikh 'war'. People should act with their own frame of mind; why blame others for your actions; everyone acted irresponsibly then.

Indira Gandhi's assassination was just WRONG; what she did at the Golden Temple to combat Khalistani terrorism, was not wrong. Not sure why most Punjabi's paint it in a bad light. 🥱 The terrorist Bhindrawaala asked for it.
</font>

Look, the Golden Temple is THE Holiest shrine for Sikhs and there is NO way they'd have tolerated Indira Gandhi getting the shrine stormed and even ordering firing on its premises! It was a foolish way to deal with Bhindranwale on IG's part. Staunch Sikhs still loathe her for this.

Rather IG's act made some Sikhs feel Bhindranwale was some hero/leader!

Also, the assassination was wrong, but so was the crass response of Congis who let the riots happen at their behest.

Amitabh (if he was indeed involved) is guilty too because he was an incredibly influential voice (whole country can come to a standstill for his illness then you know what responsibility and impact he carried). If he indeed did it, then it was GROSS.

Nowadays he flaunts his Sikh connection (his mother was Sikh) and tries to hobnob with Sikh leaders to show off how loyal he is and how he was innocent in this case.

I am not surprised at him walking scot free. Everyone associated with those riots is walking scot free till date. Everything related to those riots has been hidden completely. Every voice silenced.

Gullible people continue to be in love with media projected image of movie stars and so called powerful dynasties in politics!
wat_up thumbnail
Originally posted by: MithiBani

Wow did not know ..but this is wrong too
Edited by wat_up - 11 years ago