Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

UMDU thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: --Ramyaks--

oh very well written Uma😳I always admired the romance of Surya during initial days of their marriage and in Maasa's village..

Now its hugely missing

Thank you for your inputs. I am happy with the fall in TRPS the CVs have decided to move the story with plenty of SurYa moments added in between. Let us hope for the best.
UMDU thumbnail
Originally posted by: skavuri

That was a great analysis, UMDU.

I know many are not going to like my post, but nevertheless...

"Diya Aur Baati Hum, is about a Sandhya's struggle, who dreams to become an IPS officer"
This is the first line of the description about DABH in this forum.
I think we should not take our eyes off the main focus which is Sandhya's dream.

Romance is important but secondary. I know we all immensely enjoy the romance and chemistry between the pair but let our liking not sidetrack the main theme of the show. There are serials whose main theme itself is romance - in such a case, it is ok. But with DABH, the the main focus getting hazy because of viewer's strong desire for romance for which the CVs have to bow. 
In my humble opinion, this confusion is one of the reasons for the drop in TRP.

Personally I would like the serial to portray the difficulties a woman in the place of Sandhya would face in pursuing her dream and how she overcomes these problems in simple way that people can emulate. She doesn't have to break any traditions, doesn't have to be radical - just the right tact (with the support of Surajji, of course) to get the support of Bhabho and balance between her responsibilities and dreams. 

An year ago, when the TRPs zoomed up, this exactly was the theme...:
When Sandhya stepped into Rathi family and the lies of her brother are revealed; All the challenges she faced and how she overcame them, purely by the strength of her character and conviction, and the values her parents imbibed (with Suraj's support). There were no radical rebellious actions...just pure sincere love and THEIR TRUST ON EACH OTHER against odds. This is the real love, real romance. This was the magic and this did all the wonders. 
When Surajji sat all night with Sandhyaji in the cattle shed to keep her company, without anything else (not even eye locks?) and whenever Subha Mudgal's voice went Deeeyaaa, it was incredibly romantic and magical. Now there are no situations to show such sincere trust, such intense love, such a "I live for you" thing. Where is that magic now? It is now diluted with Meenudi's antics and insensitivity of Mohit and Chavi. Even worse, now it is her night college mates...

Sorry - I know I ruffled a lot of feathers, but I wanted to pitch in my thoughts anyway because I feel that a serial with so much potential, with such a fantastic cast and such a huge following could better than drag itself  just make a few rupees and be forgotten...

Thank you so much for your valuable inputs. I really appreciate your point of view. I agree the increase in screen space of Meena has become highly irritable and the non publication of TRP made them lax. However I have to differ from you on the point that romance can be secondary, as to continue with high TRP figures they have to have an equal balance of drama, romance and main theme. If any one of them takes a back seat the serial to my mind will go down. Too much of negativity with the constant triumph of evil atleast irks me to no end. In between they should show the evil forces being punished to restore our faith in goodness. The punishment track should not be postponed indefinitely. I would in the future like this beautiful couple to romance and face the world boldly supporting each other steadfastly.
UMDU thumbnail
Originally posted by: -rp-

That was brilliant piece of analsis 👏 i agree with your each and every point.
Ok many people may not agree with what i am going to write but these are my personal thoughts. i believe that physical relationship is not everything in a couple's life but it is one of the important aspects of the relationship if not very important. this concept of true love was developed mostly after civilization what before that does thinking about physical aspect makes your love impure.this means that only those persons do true love who ignores this aspect of marriage. does having this relationship will make suraj forget about sandhya dream or will it decrease the love and trust between them.is it such a big issue.
my problem is not with consummation, my problem is with growh of their relationship,why should suraj feel shameful when the pallu of sandhya slightly falls.why should sandhya feel uncomfortable on putting her hand on his shoulder while driving .atleast this much growth toh we expect from a couple in love.
My understanding of the show trlls me that this is not sandhya's journey, this is not story of suraj, this is the story of surya and their struggle together to fulfill each others dreams. they are diya aur baati and they should complement each other.and i belive lovestory is the main theme of show. everything is secondary,the unique relationship is main theme of show.
ok i don't have any problem with consummation even if they don't show consummation but doesn't it encourages that school of thought that says you cannot have a normal life wiith a working woman and that woman aee incapable of handling house and job together.

Thank you so much for your inputs rp. I agree with you totally that the relationship should progress on realistic lines. There should be equal weightage given to romance and support. Regarding managing career and home, then that will be least of Sandhya's problems. They will have a battalion of servants to assist them. There is no need for her to learn anything that Bhabo wants her to learn. Civil servants do not lift a finger to do household work. Sandhya can give quality time to her children when she has them. The only problem these people face is separation from spouse. Otherwise they have a smooth life on the home front with everything taken care  of.
UMDU thumbnail
Originally posted by: ami_dabh

Welcome back Uma Aunty.🤗.

I agree with your assessment n suggestion to enhance storyline of DABH.⭐️.

I also like Sindu and Skavuri's POVs.👍🏼

Same to you Ami. Now come on give me a 🤗 
UMDU thumbnail
Originally posted by: farhana874

Uma aunty...humein chhodke Indonesia chali di aap!
Welcome back...We missed you and your hathodas!🤗

Wonderful analysis as always aunty.
I think CVs have started to concentrate on the show.
Past few episodes indicate they suddenly changed the storyline like postponing Bhabo's trip to village and introducing SurYa's honeymoon track.

Thank you beta. I am also happy the CVs have started concentrating on this lovely couple. Let us hope for the best. Our show is meant to be at the top and it will be. I am optimistic. Chalo now give me a 🤗. Apni betiyun se door ja ke bahut din ho gaye.
UMDU thumbnail
Originally posted by: surajsandhyafan

Nice Analysis! I completely agree with your views.

I hope the CV's get this message from the falling TRP and stop stretching the storyline too much.
As DABH fans we all would love to see the serial topping the charts again.

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. The CVs have taken note of the fact and are giving us valuable SurYa moments. Let us hope for the best.
UMDU thumbnail
Originally posted by: ummesulaiman

Excellent post UMDU Ji.

Don't have much to add...because to be quite honest...as you have outlined the reasons so well...my own interest level in this show has dropped significantly 🥱

Thank you Fatima. The drop in TRPS has been a jolt. Let us hope they learn their lessons and improve the script on the lines stated to reach the top again. They have already started working on SurYa moments. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
UMDU thumbnail

Kya karoon beta, chote threads mujhse likhe nahi jate. I am incapable of giving a crisp thread and concise information. So please bear with your budhi aunty.
Deebz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Welcome back Umdu! I agree with all your points. 

I really don't mind some drama as long as the focus is on SurYa. They just make the screen come alive.  Dabh did lose sight of that for a little while and as Bharati said,the illnesses of Anas and Deepika and their UK trip etc might have contributed to that.

Instead of this rushed romantic push, I would have liked a gradual awakening of such feelings in Sandhya with a generous sprinkling of unique SurYa moments. 

I am hopeful about this track of Sandy becoming proficient in both worlds. I hope the cvs can recreate the magic once more.

UMDU thumbnail
Originally posted by: Deebz

Welcome back Umdu! I agree with all your points. 

I really don't mind some drama as long as the focus is on SurYa. They just make the screen come alive.  Dabh did lose sight of that for a little while and as Bharati said,the illnesses of Anas and Deepika and their UK trip etc might have contributed to that.

Instead of this rushed romantic push, I would have liked a gradual awakening of such feelings in Sandhya with a generous sprinkling of unique SurYa moments. 

I am hopeful about this track of Sandy becoming proficient in both worlds. I hope the cvs can recreate the magic once more.

Thank you Deebz. Like you I am also hopeful of progress in their relationship with the pressure of TRPS weighing heavily on their shoulders. Even though I love this serial,  this fall has atleast helped us in getting SurYa moments. Even if the relationship progresses at a gradual pace it should be shown moving logically not Sandhya blowing hot and cold and poor Suraj left clueless as to how to take the relationship forward.