Members Lounge

Opinion On Rape Law-Justice Verma (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 19

.shinchan.

IF-Stunnerz

.shinchan.

Posted: 04 January 2013 at 8:38am | IP Logged
The way Rapists treated that girl was not humane.
n they must be treated the way MAD ANIMALS r treated i.e. SHOT DEAD AT SIGHT.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

payalibmNikki_Titli

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Opinion On Rape Law-Justice Verma (Page 8)" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.DarkParadise..

IF-Stunnerz

.DarkParadise..

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 04 January 2013 at 8:41am | IP Logged
Castration is a MUST for rapists. No questions about that. And that should be accompanied by imprisonment, a PROPER sentence. There should be swift reporting and action on rape cases (or actually any case for that matter) and most importantly, victims must be encouraged to REPORT their rapes and awareness should be spread about how the rape isn't her fault. Otherwise she has to live with the social stigma for the rest of her life.

For prevention, there should be a patrolling van in ever nook and corner of the city. It is there in a lot of other places so why not the CAPITAL? I personally find the guards on the busy metro stations like Central Secretariat and Rajiv Chowk to be doing a phenomenal job in controlling the crowd and not letting men enter the ladies coaches (which i think isn't the best way to deal with it, BTW since segregating the two genders is no solution for women's safety but that's another debate). Such guards should be appointed EVERYWHERE. India has no dearth of manpower so why not use labour for betterment of the society? There should be CCTV cameras and someone monitoring them all the time. There should be absolutely NO laziness tolerated. Government employees have job security which is why i find them to be very laid-back. Even if they don't perform well, they aren't sacked. That shouldn't happen at the cost of the citizen's safety.

Apart from that, women too should take necessary precautions (which doesn't include not wearing skirts or not going out after dark). They should be smart, learn some basic self-defense moves, carry a pepper spray and be AWARE of their surroundings.

That's it for now. I'm feeling really tired atm. Will come up with more as and when they strike. I just hope Justice Verma and government actually DO something this time. There've already been so many rapes reported after Dec 16. All these outcries didn't even act as a deterrent for rapists, how sad is that!

-Edited-

Just for the record, I don't support capital punishment. That will endanger the victim's life as the rapist might kill her in order to remove evidence. And even if he's caught for the murder, the most he'll get is a capital punishment so he will be willing to take that chance.

Edited by -BlackBeauty- - 04 January 2013 at 8:44am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

payalibmAcid_QueenKeerthuKiarshinikita_88Nikki_Titli

trpbabe

trpbabe

Posted: 04 January 2013 at 8:46am | IP Logged
My 2 cents:

Reactive measures:
1. Justice delayed is justice denied. Ensure speedy due process to make sure victim does not have to undergo the humiliating process again and again
2. Handling of victim by officials (Drs, Cops, Court officials) should be done professionally and not to belittle the victim.
3. Ensure rehabilitation of victim --> help reduce social stigma attached with coming forward to register a complaint of rape
4. Any offense against women should be treated with max punishment possible. Eve teasing and other forms of physical and mental abuse should not be tolerated on any justification and without regard to class, status, etc
5. I fail to understand why the Justices can't do a study of the rape and abuse cases in India for the past 5 years and see what worked, what didn't. Those lessons learned could provide insights into flaws in law due to technicalities, etc

Proactive measures:
1. In a country with a vast film and television industry, why not tap into it and try and prevent/reduce the number of incidents
2. Follow the smoking ad example: Post a message stating punishment and other details during such scenes
3. Crimes should be officially documented, info available to employment and other background checks

will add more later

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

payalibmnikita_88Nikki_Titli

.shinchan.

IF-Stunnerz

.shinchan.

Posted: 04 January 2013 at 8:52am | IP Logged
Matter of shame---

The boy was in Police Station for 4 days inspite of brutally injured...

Police shud be given SOME MORAL SCIENCE LECTURES

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

payalibm

PaintedSky

IF-Rockerz

PaintedSky

Posted: 04 January 2013 at 9:08am | IP Logged
Please Dont consider the rappist as juvenile even if they are below 18. In case of ra[e there should be no term like juvenile.

And, please don't let them go by just giving death penalty, their death should be of pain and humiliation. Cut their private part and put them in the zoo all naked. and every visitor will spit on them and hit them with rod.

P.S. In addition, please stop those provocative perfume and body odor advertisements, where they show that women are ready to seduce and get seduced.

Edited by PaintedSky - 04 January 2013 at 9:09am

Cutiepie Rani

IF-Stunnerz

Cutiepie Rani

Posted: 04 January 2013 at 9:12am | IP Logged
All I know and sincerely believe is they should have to suffer the same fate that they bring upon others. Life time in prison or the death penalty is way too lenient on them. They need to be shown that raping someone is such a nasty and horrible thing to do. They need to see how bad it is. They need to suffer just as much...no actually they need to suffer more than the innocent ones. 

I do not know what the government can do to make the law better. Realistically I can't see them doing much more than lifetime imprisonment or the death penalty. However, I hope that they take some time to sit and discuss the current status of the law. Because some action MUST be taken to stop these horrific crimes. It is not acceptable. A person, especially a girl, should be able to feel safe wherever she goes whenever she goes. And if she doesn't feel safe something is very very very wrong.

India has never been on good terms with girls. SOME action MUST happen. 

I don't even live in India, but being a girl I certainly know what goes on there and it is not pretty.

The government needs to wake up, sit down, and discuss. Obviously if rapes like this happen, there isn't much being done by the government to prevent them!

Justice needs to be served to the innocent ones who have lost their lies or have suffered throughout their lives. And such incidents should never have to take place again anywhere in the world.

maria1878

Groupbie

maria1878

Posted: 04 January 2013 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shinningstar

- age of minor be reduced to 14 
- trails so be done in 3 months-6 months.
- no bail for rape accused
- no parole for rapists/accused
- no mercy petition for rapist
- stoned/permanent castraziation  and then hanged publicly once proven guilty.
- gender sensitization and laws be made compulsory to be taught in schools.
- victim 's statements and interrogation be video recorded so that cops do not cross their limits when questioning..since some questions will need to be asked but the way its asked is the point. also in case victim turns hostile or dies or is killed ...evidence is still preserved.
- lady officers and victim's lawyer should be present when questioning is done to the victim.
- online fir registration.
- cameras be installed on cross roads to stop all kinds of crime.
- any cop refusing to write the fir should be dismissed from duty immediately.
- separate section in police for rape cases.
- when medical examination is done for the victim a copy be given to victim as well as police and evidence samples (semen) have to be restored till case is closed and verdict given.
- option for double medical examination of the victim be there in 2 separate hospitals.
- person examining the victim should not be related in any way to the victim to avoid conspiracy ( it does happen these days ) .
- doctor found tampering the evidence should be barred, license cancelled  and sentenced to jail for 5 years.
- any person found tampering the evidence should be imprisoned for 5 yrs.
- any person making vulgar comments on women ( one or many ) on being proven be sent to 3-6 months jail ( politicians seem to make its style about commenting on girls' character  )
- caught eve-teasing 6 months jail 

pan cards details online should reflect if the person has been caught tampering or barred or jailed etc.

pan card be made more like complete detail nos. so person crime records too be reflected that way person eveteasing /molesting etc will have a control else else they may remain unemployeed.

I strongly support this opinion,
 - Castration [i don't know the medical things of this...but it should be like they shouldn't be able to do it, even if they want to - but definitely it should not affect others, like out of frustration they must not do further crimes -- medical commitee has to review about it].
- Life-long imprisonment - no bail, parole, mercy petition allowed.

INDIA IS A COUNTRY WITH HUMANITARIAN CONSIDERATIONS - But not required in this type of crime, coz' they never consider victim as human.

payalibmPaintedSkyNikki_Titli

Ayaat1216

Ayaat1216

Posted: 04 January 2013 at 9:16am | IP Logged
Capital punishment for these assholes! This will give a message out to the imbeciles out there and they'll think a hundred times before taking their dick out their pants.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

payalibmNikki_Titli

Post Reply New Post

Go to top