Opinion On Rape Law-Justice Verma - Page 15

Posted: 11 years ago

First of all, my huge apologies for not noticing this thread. I know I am too late but just came through this.

I agree with you all. Keeping them alive and imprisioning them would just be an encouragement and a guarantee for all the culprits that how many times you rape a woman or how many murders you do, your life is safe and no one is going to kill you. No, this is not what we all want. We don't want them to live and breath the same air as they do.

We want them not to die in a second too... We want them to go through the same pain as the girl went. Make them stand on the roads, nude, and live telecast the whole throughout the country. If possible, make them walk throughout the country without cloths. Cut down each part from their bodies each day, till they die. Their blood should be drained out from their bodies. But, that will also be a very small punishment with what the girl went through.

Foremost thing for the government officials, my request is, don't wait for the laws and public opinion till it was too late. Immediate action has to take place.

Not even a month from that dreadful incident that shook the whole nation, still new  cases are coming under daylight. Men are not leaving any girl.

My humble request is, the government should ask her parents for the punishment and follow their word... whatever her father and mother asked for justice, it should have be done. 
I do not support CP becoz it will give an easy death to these cowards ...why make it so easy for them 
When the victim either died a painful death or left to die every second of life 

Maybe just maybe 
Then life imprisonment till they die .. But rigorous prisonment in a place where they are made to work and pay for what they did ..not allowed to meet their families or friends 
Nd with regards to their hungering bodies ...they can jump on each other and do what they want with eachother ... 

This is something I forgot to mention in my earlier post:

In the Delhi Gang Rape case, one of the rapists was a thief. The bus had tinted windows. The neighbours of the rapists had said that they all had animal-like mentality right from earlier times.

We are demanding strict punishments only for rape. We think the only reason rape happens is because there is no death penalty or because of patriarchal society.

Wrong-there is another, much more disturbing reason.

When a person commits a robbery, the police lets him off. He gets a dose of 'bravery' and decides to turn to pickpocketing to earn a living. We just call him a "Chindi Chor' and ignore him. This makes him even more reckless. He starts beating up people but the authorities say "Men will be men, fights keep happening". Finally he sees a woman and rapes her. THEN we all open our eyes and say "Hai hai, death penalty"

Similarly, in a family, when an uncle or male relative touches you or other female relatives in wrong way, you ignore it. After all 'Dus saal mein ek baar hi to milte hain". When he beats up his wife, we keep quiet. After all, "It's a private matter of the couple, why should we interfere?" He gets encouraged, and decides to rape an outsider on the street. THEN we say "OMG! Let's castrate that animal!!"

In order to stop rape, we need to be vigilant to ALL crimes, even the petty ones. Death penalty is there for murder also-does it stop? No. We need to teach people that there is no "Level" of crime, that today if you're robbing, there's a very big chance you could do a bigger crime tomorrow.

Im not saying that the Justice Verma Comittee is a bad idea, I've seen some very good suggestions here. And of course, we need stricter punishments and we need to change society's mentality.

It's just that I think there should ALSO be some kind of vigilance for ALL offenders, not just the ones who we 'think' are dangerous and need to be killed.

Like for example, all those molesters and 'eve-teaser's, when they get out on bail, what happens to them? Or when they are acquitted of their charges? There should be some kind of system to monitor them, apart from the database they are creating. They should atleast be given some kind of a warning or a counseling session before being let off.

Edited by IndigoBlues - 11 years ago
Lot of people wrote great suggestions. Though I'm late, I would like to give support for the victim and family/
It's disgusting Indian law against such crime is v. lenient and encourages to do more crime.
I would say the government simply doesn't care. The few that raise voice against these atrocity are always silenced by death or other threats. This is not just in movies, it really happens there in lot of places.
All of them involved in the crime should be severely punished without ever coming out of jail.
None of them should be spared for any reason - if they got out because of politician's influence then it's shame on Indian government and it's crazy justice system.
sorry for being late, I come to know about this post just today.
for me they deserve life imprisonment, not the death penalty, it would be too easy to escape the pain, in a click you're dead, no! they must be punished in an exemplary manner so that another man before doing a thing like this, should think of at least not once, not twice but hundred times.
In my opinion, they should be imprisoned for life time and tortured in the same way they tortured that poor girl and her friend. 
And I don't agree that they want to free up the sixth criminal, because he is a minor, are they kidding, he is 17 years old and a half, and then if he is able to do things as adults, why he souldn't be punish with the same law. No he deserve to suffer has all the others. no excuses😡. He is a bloody repists just like the other five😡
And haven't they considered that if they let him go and he does the same thing again, then what will they do? They will be watching as he will ruin the life of another woman. For me a man that did this thing is not a man, it's a coward, an animal, nay, it is worse, because even animals don't behave as they have behaved. 
you know what I don't understand is when the police force should really do is job it doesn't, and when there is no need they did. For example they torture innocent people with torture that go beyond the imagination of a normal person, like lie people on the ice, beating them with belts, cavalry their nails or ears ect. ect., and then I asked why they don't do the same thing with these animals😡
Why?? Why they has the freedom to torture innocent people, but don't have the guts to torture that bloody killers.
For me the reposabiles for the death of that poor soul is not only those killers but also the police, and all those who have seen this happen and didn't rescue the girl, or those who refused to help her or her family. 
I am ashamed that in some countries there is no justice for women.

P.S. sorry for my bad english
Edited by HK90 - 11 years ago
Srry for being late ðŸ˜›

i think the victim  muct be left to take  her own decision  

She must be given the full rights to punish the rapist ðŸ˜›

If the victim is too young to   make a decision then   the  rapist must be burnt to death ðŸ¤¬

Edited by -niti- - 11 years ago