Opinion On Rape Law-Justice Verma - Page 6

Posted: 11 years ago
Rapists are not in the category of human. They are beasts. They should be treated in that way. Through them in the cage of hungry animals and let them die there. No funeral will be there for them.
They should be let out in a public and beaten for 45 days but they should still be alive. The public should blacken there faces. The doctors shpuld castrate then and give them electric shocks. The girls should throw stones at them. After 45 days i wanted the girl to get better and burn those rapists alive but as that cant happen. They should be left on the street in a dead type condition and animals should eat.
Castration + take away all his money and property .. Dismissal from job .

Then public shame ... march him nude... 
My suggestions to the Verma Committee are the following

a) Make it compulsory for all schools/colleges...to have self defence classes...If possible to be introduced in offices.

b) Make rape a non bailable offence...No mercy by President to the rapists...

c) Once proved...rapist should be given strict punishment like Castration...(Nt chemical one) ...n extreme cases where the victim dies...The accused should be sent to Arab countries where punishments are stricter...along with  castration...

d) Eve teasers...molestors...should be given a penalty of 30 years imprisonment at least...along with that a donkey ride should be given for such people who degrades women...Same for rapists..

e) Highlight the name , address of all offenders who are charged with crime against women on the internet. which should be available to the public...n the organisations.

f) No government jobs for people with such crimes against women...

g) Cases like acid attacks on women should be dealt seriously. The victim should be given treatment at government expenses...Special funds should be created for rehabilitation of victims of rape...and Acid attacks.

h) The cases of rape/molestation/acid attack...or any crime against women...should be held in fast track courts.

i) A compulsory training module should be there for Police Force...regarding safety of women.

j) CCTV cameras shld be fitted in buses...autos...taxis...n should have the GPS system

k) The  irresponsible officer who tries to divert the case should be dismissed.

l) A regular training module should be implemented in all offices for gender sensitivity...

m) Self defence weapons like pepper spray...Ninja key chain...and so on should be available to women at low costs...

n) Deployment of more women police...along with new technology

o) More nurses...n lady doctors should be available...in the hospitals.

p) All street lights should be lit at night...and not at day...

q) More police deployment ...n patrolling with stricter checking of each and every passing vehicle...at night should be made compulsory.

r) BPO...Companies should verify their drivers...with the police...n should be held responsible and accountable in case of any accident...

s) Victim's statement should be recorded at her home in the presence of family members...

t) Being a minor should  should not be a reason for leniency in such crimes...He should face tough punishments..

u) Rapists should be permanently tattoed with the writing that they are rapists..on their forehead...

Edited by zoozoo123 - 11 years ago
Originally posted by tia.o

Absolutely true. If you can rape, you can be punished. Under 18 does not mean anything when we are talking about rape.

yeah they must be punished severely 

lets assure safety for us and our sisters

they should be tortured like hell then only they'll know the pain felt by that di
Edited by KIARSHI - 11 years ago
Zee news has that BOY..
n d realities he is saying is out of sight..
M ashamed to b a part of India
The way Rapists treated that girl was not humane.
n they must be treated the way MAD ANIMALS r treated i.e. SHOT DEAD AT SIGHT.

Castration is a MUST for rapists. No questions about that. And that should be accompanied by imprisonment, a PROPER sentence. There should be swift reporting and action on rape cases (or actually any case for that matter) and most importantly, victims must be encouraged to REPORT their rapes and awareness should be spread about how the rape isn't her fault. Otherwise she has to live with the social stigma for the rest of her life.

For prevention, there should be a patrolling van in ever nook and corner of the city. It is there in a lot of other places so why not the CAPITAL? I personally find the guards on the busy metro stations like Central Secretariat and Rajiv Chowk to be doing a phenomenal job in controlling the crowd and not letting men enter the ladies coaches (which i think isn't the best way to deal with it, BTW since segregating the two genders is no solution for women's safety but that's another debate). Such guards should be appointed EVERYWHERE. India has no dearth of manpower so why not use labour for betterment of the society? There should be CCTV cameras and someone monitoring them all the time. There should be absolutely NO laziness tolerated. Government employees have job security which is why i find them to be very laid-back. Even if they don't perform well, they aren't sacked. That shouldn't happen at the cost of the citizen's safety.

Apart from that, women too should take necessary precautions (which doesn't include not wearing skirts or not going out after dark). They should be smart, learn some basic self-defense moves, carry a pepper spray and be AWARE of their surroundings.

That's it for now. I'm feeling really tired atm. Will come up with more as and when they strike. I just hope Justice Verma and government actually DO something this time. There've already been so many rapes reported after Dec 16. All these outcries didn't even act as a deterrent for rapists, how sad is that!

-Edited-

Just for the record, I don't support capital punishment. That will endanger the victim's life as the rapist might kill her in order to remove evidence. And even if he's caught for the murder, the most he'll get is a capital punishment so he will be willing to take that chance.
Edited by -BlackBeauty- - 11 years ago
My 2 cents:

Reactive measures:
1. Justice delayed is justice denied. Ensure speedy due process to make sure victim does not have to undergo the humiliating process again and again
2. Handling of victim by officials (Drs, Cops, Court officials) should be done professionally and not to belittle the victim.
3. Ensure rehabilitation of victim --> help reduce social stigma attached with coming forward to register a complaint of rape
4. Any offense against women should be treated with max punishment possible. Eve teasing and other forms of physical and mental abuse should not be tolerated on any justification and without regard to class, status, etc
5. I fail to understand why the Justices can't do a study of the rape and abuse cases in India for the past 5 years and see what worked, what didn't. Those lessons learned could provide insights into flaws in law due to technicalities, etc

Proactive measures:
1. In a country with a vast film and television industry, why not tap into it and try and prevent/reduce the number of incidents
2. Follow the smoking ad example: Post a message stating punishment and other details during such scenes
3. Crimes should be officially documented, info available to employment and other background checks

will add more later
Matter of shame---

The boy was in Police Station for 4 days inspite of brutally injured...

Police shud be given SOME MORAL SCIENCE LECTURES