Supernatural

||JA AT|I am sexy and I know it||IMP! SEE PG139 (Page 118)

Post Reply New Post

Page 118 of 150

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 14 May 2013 at 8:43am | IP Logged
And This Big smile

33 Awesome Things About Jensen Ackles on His 33rd Birthday...

It's Jensen Ackles' birthday today. He turns 33 years young! Everyone say Happy Birthday, Jensen!!

Three-- or some variation of it-- has always been my lucky number, and in many ways, a number that has connected me to Mr. Ackles himself. I was thirteen when I first met him...the first Supernatural convention I ever covered was when the show was in its third season...I could go on and on. But I won't. Because today is not about me but instead about the birthday boy himself! And how better to celebrate the man than by listing 33 things that make him awesome? And I promise they won't all be gratuitous.

33. He started his career as a model but wasn't content to just make a living off his looks.

32. Even if I didn't always love the shows he chose to be a part of, he has great instincts when it comes to knowing what will be a success and what will be the best use of his talents. He chose Smallville over Tru Calling, for example.

31. When Ackles goes for the gravel in his voice during specific "angry" scenes on Supernatural, he allows a little bit of his Texas accent to slip through.

30. He's a family man first and foremost, always going home for the holidays and taking any chance to work with his dad Alan, a fellow actor; the two appeared together in the independent horror movie DeVour.

29. He is a fan of the show he is on and admits to feeling like a kid in a candy store on getting to go hang out on set every day and watch the other actors work. Sometimes he gets so caught up in his "front row seat" for the performances he forgets to deliver his own lines, or so he jokes.

28. He has hobbies and interests above his work, making him a well-rounded person. Golf and photography top his list, two things which don't have a lot in common and make him all the more interesting because of their diversity.

27. He is proof that if you work hard and know what you want, you will make your dreams come true. He has wanted to direct for years, and he also always wanted to be a part of some type of gun-slinging western. And he has proven himself so smart about the work that the powers at be at Supernatural now trust his instincts and his influence and in season six are finally allowing both of those dreams to come true.
26. He considers himself a Christian, but he isn't preachy about it, and he never imposes his beliefs on others who may have different viewpoints.

25. We all know the man can act, and recently we've learned he has great instincts when it comes to directing, too, but he also has quite the musical ability! Though he says it's just a hobby that he dabbles in singing and guitar, he has doing it on the sidelines for a long time-- ever since his soap opera days when he was featured as backing vocals on Soap Sessions Volume 3: Beatles. He performed "I Saw Her Standing There" with Roark Critchlow then. Now he sometimes accompanies his friend Jason Manns on songs like "Crazy Love" and "The Weight."

24. Um, have you seen him? How have I gotten this far without mentioning his adorable factor? He's the boy next door but he can also have a bit of an edge. He can pull off everything from freckles to a full-on beard, and that is not something that can be said for most men!
23. He's a really good sport. About the ridiculous things that fans that ask him to do (like posing with my book or showing off "Blue Steel" at just about every convention), and about the sometimes ridiculous things his show asks him to do.

22. On that note, he has a really good sense of humor and doesn't take himself too seriously. He can also be quite goofy with his friends and family. Case in point? His short film "The Plight of Clownana."

21. He's extremely welcoming and helpful when others come on "his" show. For example, when Matt Cohen first took the job as Young John Winchester, he had an idea for how to play the character and did so in rehearsal. Ackles sat down with him after to work with him further on the character and to make sure he wasn't intimidated, stepping into a character that had been so clearly defined by another actor.

20. He can act opposite himself like nobody's business. He could probably act opposite a paper bag or a brick wall, too!

19. He has a voice that would make hearing him read the phonebook (which I still attest is an antiquated item and had no place in today's modern world) seem like the most exciting thing to do on a Saturday night.

18. He's a guy's guy who loves sports and often plays impromptu games of soccer and basketball during downtime, and he's very handy around the house, but he genuinely appreciates less-adrenaline-fueled moments, like movie nights, too. In other words, women want him and men want to BE him.

17. He doesn't like to steal the spotlight from his friends, but he is always out to support them. Whenever his buddies Jason Manns or Steve Carlson play concerts at conventions, or even at local spots in Los Angeles, Ackles will show up to be a friendly face in the crowd but usually stays in the back of the venue so that all of the attention can be (deservingly) paid to the man on stage.

16. Somehow he managed to make guy-liner, a facial piercing, a blue mohawk, and a kilt look attractive (in the independent comedy Ten Inch Hero). All at once.
15. He is a true artist and a genuinely smart actor who actually thinks about the work. He pays attention to his dialogue and blocking, sure, but also camera angles and lighting techniques so that he can understand the whole process, the whole art form. He's not just there to show up, read off a page, and collect a paycheck; he actually cares about what he is doing.

14. He appreciates the simpler things in life, like the smell of shampoo in a girl's hair, Gummy Bears, and the old Thundercats cartoon.

13. He's extremely protective of his loved ones, and he commands respect because of it. When staff at a particular convention were rude to his then-girlfriend (now wife) Danneel Harris at an event, he stood up for her and spoke to the higher-ups to let them know that if she wasn't going to be treated well at such events, he would no longer be participating in them.

12. He's good with kids, and he genuinely enjoys being around them. He's not only very welcoming to young guest stars but he is also very hands-on as an uncle, and he has been known to constantly ask after his co-workers' kids. Now that Misha Collins is a dad, he spends even more time over at his house.

11. He was the fans' choice for Captain America, and those are some pretty big...well, tights to fill!

10. He took the character of Dean Winchester, who quite a few times has been called a dick, and made him seem anything but. He dares you not to love him! 

9. He's all about the work, not the fame. He admits he doesn't really like doing red carpets and usually gets annoyed at the paparazzi because they distract from his true job at hand: to tap into a character, and situations, emotionally. He is a private person and doesn't understand the need to see your name in a tabloid (or on a blog, I would guess) every week.

8. His talent is overwhelming. He commands attention in every scene but still manages not to pull focus when the moment is not about him. He can make you laugh, make you cry, make you want to hug him, and make you want to slap some sense into him-- all within mere moments of each other.
7. He is always gracious to his fans, whether he meets them at conventions, on the set, or at the airport. He has been known to stop and sign autographs, even after a long flight, for everyone from airline employees to those who stand at baggage claim with the hopes of a glimpse of the heartthrob-turned-thespian.

6. He is a sucker for a good YouTube video, such as the failed streaker, which he encourages us all to check out. In that way, he is unintentionally supporting the unknown and indie artists of the world.

5. He's a huge animal activist, even if he is a bit more private about it. When his new puppy was diagnosed with Paget's disease, he not only rushed home from a vacation early to be by the dog's side, but he also told the vet to do whatever it took, surgery-wise and medicine-wise. Most people just put the dog down in that situation, but Ackles knew that this dog was with him for a reason; he had the means to afford the care, and he saw the dog as a true member of the family and was not willing to just give up.

4. He's a true southern gentleman, even after all of his years in Hollywood. When working on love scenes, or even simple kissing ones, Ackles' priorities are to make sure the female guest star is as comfortable as possible. He always asks for a closed set, which means that no one is allowed to be in the area unless they are essential crew personnel, like the director and the camera operator and the boom guy. And he's always sure to suck on a mint or some fruity candy first for pleasant taste experiences.

3. He was nominated for an Emmy for the first time at only age twenty. Though he never won, he is currently the only lead actor on The CW network to ever achieve such high accolades. The network is known for their pretty faces, but Ackles is helping to ensure it's known for actual acting talent, too.

2. He was smart enough to know that he didn't have to go to college but that he always has to keep learning. When he was younger and first moved out to Los Angeles, he kept up, intellectually, with his friends in universities, by constantly reading, and it prepared him not only for life but also to be able to play parts more complexly. 

1. The crowd around him may have grown (in number of bodyguards and number of adoring fans), but he is the same down-to-Earth, sweet, warm, and inviting guy that I met thirteen years ago.

What do you think? Did I leave anything out??

Edited by lakshmi_3004 - 14 May 2013 at 8:43am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Bamonforever

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "||JA AT|I am sexy and I know it||IMP! SEE PG139 (Page 118)" in Supernatural forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 14 May 2013 at 8:48am | IP Logged
And THIS specially for Fan Girls LOL

7. He Rides ... Ponies

Well, horses actually, butSupernatural costar Jared Padalecki, who is 6'4", calls them ponies and ponies is more fun.

There's just something about a guy who rides horses. Maybe it's my own horsiness coming out, but at the very least, any guy who's good with horses is gonna have great hands and a voice like, well, like Jensen's, for example. Deep and soothing. Yummy.

The following video is a very early interview, from Jensen's days on Days of Our Lives. I don't ride Western or even follow it very closely, but in my inexpert opinion, Jensen shows good balance, but should probably ease up a bit on the horse's mouth. Obviously, it's impossible to say how much of that was at the request of the cameraman, though. A hundred years after Black Beauty, non-horsey people still like to see a horse's head up and champing at the bit.

For those of you who don't want to spend the whole interview analyzing Jensen's riding technique (chances are, most of you), there are some lovely shots of Jensen's ridiculously long eyelashes. (Life is so not fair.)

8. His Lips Are X-Rated

I'm not going to go into any great detail about this, 'cause there are better things to do.

Like look at them.

Jensen as Dean Winchester
Smallville promo
Smallville promo
Jensen as Alec X5-494
Jensen as Alec X5-494
Unknown Japanese photoshoot
Unknown photoshoot
Unknown photoshoot

We can keep going here for, ah, quite a long time, but I guess we'll call it quits for now. Just one more, 'cause we can't talk about his lips without digging up at least one picture of the famous "ducky lips."

Jensen as Alex X5-494
Jensen as Alex X5-494

Okay, fine we lied. Two more.

It's not our fault Dean has an oral fixation.

9. You Can Fit His Ass on Your Graphing Calculator

TV Guide photoshoot
TV Guide photoshoot

...and some have.

It is y=-(sin(x^(1.7/6)+4)+(1/x))+10, to be precise.

10. He Can Actually Act

And in the end, this is what it really comes down to. In Hollywood, hot guys are a dime a dozen. If you watch enough TV and movies (or even relatively little, like me), you get almost blind to them, becauseeverybody's beautiful. Your eyes register the pretty face, but if that's all it is, you forget about it almost as soon as it's offscreen.

In order to be remembered, you need to be more than just a freak genetic accident that happens to produce perfect cheekbones, a chiselled jaw, and a long-lashed pair of pretty green eyes. And Jensen is. His charisma pretty much oozes from the screen, whatever his role, and he's got talent too. I'd be the first to admit that his roles have not always had the highest quality writing that money can buy, but his talent has been able to turn some really banal and sometimes outright crappy lines into something that means more.

And when the writing has been good, well. Supernatural's writers are not perfect - their handling of exposition in particular sometimes makes me want to beat my head against a wall - but one thing they do really, really well is family dynamics, and Jensen has absolutely shone in his role as Dean, the "good son" of the Winchester family who, despite his wisecracking bravado and penchant for muscle carsmullet rock, and women, acted practically as a surrogate wife for his revenge obsessed father after his mother was killed, and raised his younger brother almost entirely on his own starting from the age of four.

Gorgeous, charismatic, and talented. Some people have all the luck.

We wish you all the best, Jensen, and thank you for your role in bringing Dean and Alec and Jason and CJ and Eric and everybody else to life.

And there we have it...

Do you agree my reasons? Disagree? Have anything to add?

A Few More Favorites I Couldn't Fit in Anywhere Else

Bamonforever

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 14 May 2013 at 8:50am | IP Logged

Ten Reasons To Drool Over Jensen Ackles

Supernatural promo
Supernatural promoJensen Ackles, how do we love thee, let us count the ways...

Ahem. Okay, we're not actually crazy, and we have no intention of rewriting a perfectly good poem in his honor. We'll leave that to his wife.

We are, however, definitely ... appreciative. (Yeah, that's the best word for it.) So, here's a tongue-in-cheek look at some of the things weappreciate most about Jensen Ross Ackles.

A Quick Lesson in Who-the-Heck-Is-This-Guy? For Those Who Aren't Sure

Jensen is currently best known as one of the stars of the CW's cult hitSupernatural, where he plays Dean, the elder of the two ghost-busting Winchester brothers.

He has also had recurring roles as Eric Brady on Days of Our Lives, Alec (X5-494) on Dark Angel, C.J. onDawson's Creek, and Jason Teague on Smallville, as well as a few mostly forgettable films, of which the most interesting is probably the Marilyn Monroe bio-pic Blonde, partly because it involves Jensen dancing in a kimono and having a drunken threesome with "Marilyn" and "Cass," aka Grey's Anatomy's Patrick "McDreamy" Dempsey. (Ah, crossover bliss. Now if only we can get Jensen on screen with Gina Torres, Katee Sackhoff, or Claudia Black, I could die happy...)

But enough of that. On to the Ten Reasons to Drool Over Jensen Ackles...

1. You Can Play Connect-the-Dots With His Freckles

Flaunt photoshoot
Flaunt photoshoot

2. He Sings

Guys who sing are hot. It's just a fact of life.

Especially guys who sing well, which he reportedly does.

The following video was taken by a fan at the Asylum Convention in England in 2007. Jensen's friend Jason Manns gave a concert there, and Jensen sang backup for "Crazy Love." Jason has since persuaded Jensen to record a version of the song together, which can be heard (and downloaded) on Jason's Myspace page. (Crazy Love JJ)

3. He's a Scruffmuffin

Supernatural promo
Supernatural promo
CW Upfronts
CW Upfronts
Men's Health photoshoot
Men's Health photoshoot
Supernatural promo
Supernatural promo

4. ... But He Cleans Up Well

Unknown event
Unknown event
With Supernatural costar Jared Padalecki
With Supernatural costar Jared Padalecki
Jensen as Dean Winchester, who doesn't like suits
Jensen as Dean Winchester, who doesn't like suits

5. He's a Closet Dork

And sometimes not-so-closet. Supernatural co-star Jared Padalecki is especially good at bringing the goofball out in Jensen.

More Evidence of Dorkiness

6. He Makes Bow-Legs Look Hot

Sometimes, photographers try to hide the fact that he has bow-legs, but we fans know better. Own 'em, Jensen. Bow legs are adorable!

Supernatural promo
Supernatural promo

7. He Rides ... Ponies

Well, horses actually, butSupernatural costar Jared Padalecki, who is 6'4", calls them ponies and ponies is more fun.

There's just something about a guy who rides horses. Maybe it's my own horsiness coming out, but at the very least, any guy who's good with horses is gonna have great hands and a voice like, well, like Jensen's, for example. Deep and soothing. Yummy.

The following video is a very early interview, from Jensen's days on Days of Our Lives. I don't ride Western or even follow it very closely, but in my inexpert opinion, Jensen shows good balance, but should probably ease up a bit on the horse's mouth. Obviously, it's impossible to say how much of that was at the request of the cameraman, though. A hundred years after Black Beauty, non-horsey people still like to see a horse's head up and champing at the bit.

For those of you who don't want to spend the whole interview analyzing Jensen's riding technique (chances are, most of you), there are some lovely shots of Jensen's ridiculously long eyelashes. (Life is so not fair.)

8. His Lips Are X-Rated

I'm not going to go into any great detail about this, 'cause there are better things to do.

Like look at them.

Smallville promo
Smallville promo
Jensen as Alec X5-494
Jensen as Alec X5-494
Unknown photoshoot
Unknown photoshoot

We can keep going here for, ah, quite a long time, but I guess we'll call it quits for now. Just one more, 'cause we can't talk about his lips without digging up at least one picture of the famous "ducky lips."

Jensen as Alex X5-494
Jensen as Alex X5-494

Okay, fine we lied. Two more.

It's not our fault Dean has an oral fixation.

9. You Can Fit His Ass on Your Graphing Calculator

TV Guide photoshoot
TV Guide photoshoot

...and some have.

It is y=-(sin(x^(1.7/6)+4)+(1/x))+10, to be precise.

10. He Can Actually Act

And in the end, this is what it really comes down to. In Hollywood, hot guys are a dime a dozen. If you watch enough TV and movies (or even relatively little, like me), you get almost blind to them, becauseeverybody's beautiful. Your eyes register the pretty face, but if that's all it is, you forget about it almost as soon as it's offscreen.

In order to be remembered, you need to be more than just a freak genetic accident that happens to produce perfect cheekbones, a chiselled jaw, and a long-lashed pair of pretty green eyes. And Jensen is. His charisma pretty much oozes from the screen, whatever his role, and he's got talent too. I'd be the first to admit that his roles have not always had the highest quality writing that money can buy, but his talent has been able to turn some really banal and sometimes outright crappy lines into something that means more.

And when the writing has been good, well. Supernatural's writers are not perfect - their handling of exposition in particular sometimes makes me want to beat my head against a wall - but one thing they do really, really well is family dynamics, and Jensen has absolutely shone in his role as Dean, the "good son" of the Winchester family who, despite his wisecracking bravado and penchant for muscle carsmullet rock, and women, acted practically as a surrogate wife for his revenge obsessed father after his mother was killed, and raised his younger brother almost entirely on his own starting from the age of four.

Gorgeous, charismatic, and talented. Some people have all the luck.

We wish you all the best, Jensen, and thank you for your role in bringing Dean and Alec and Jason and CJ and Eric and everybody else to life.

And there we have it...

Do you agree my reasons? Disagree? Have anything to add?

Why not join HubPages and write a "Ten Reasons" article of your own? It's easy, it's fun, and you can earn money for your writing!

Check out my HubPages for Fans article for tips on how to get started.

One more thing! I'm completely thrilled that so many people have enjoyed this article - it was great fun to write, and I love reading the comments from my fellow Jensen fans. However, I'd like to ask you, if you want to copy and post any of this article elsewhere to share with other fans, please credit me by including a link back to this page. Thank you!

http://kerryg.hubpages.com/hub/jensenackles

A Few More Favorites I Couldn't Fit in Anywhere Else

Bamonforever

Jyotimena

IF-Rockerz

Jyotimena

Posted: 15 May 2013 at 4:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lakshmi_3004

you know Jo?? Jen did say in his M&G that he loves and is thankful for all the wishes he and danneel gets from fans...but 1000 good words are lost by a single hate msg..like danneel is called W****...:( he was extremely heart broken...so i thought of having this sig...to spread the message..

thatz nice:)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

BamonforeverEphemera

Bamonforever

IF-Sizzlerz

Bamonforever

Posted: 20 May 2013 at 2:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by flutterby

Originally posted by jyotimeena

^explain!:-P

arre, lakshmi isnt a fan girl like us... she is a fan sis... LOL

so where we go Day Dreaming Blushing she goes Cool Embarrassed

but , isn't di giving us topics dealing with Jensen's oral fixation n ahem... ass equation ? Shocked
DIii is that you ? Or your Doppleganger ?

Ephemera

Bamonforever

IF-Sizzlerz

Bamonforever

Posted: 20 May 2013 at 2:56pm | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Jarin04Ephemera

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 20 May 2013 at 8:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Bamonforever

Originally posted by flutterby

Originally posted by jyotimeena

^explain!:-P

arre, lakshmi isnt a fan girl like us... she is a fan sis... LOL

so where we go Day Dreaming Blushing she goes Cool Embarrassed

but , isn't di giving us topics dealing with Jensen's oral fixation n ahem... ass equation ? Shocked
DIii is that you ? Or your Doppleganger ?

shut up moni Angry
its meEmbarrassed
and read the first line...
i POSTED IT FOR ALL THE FANGIRLS sakes...Angry
not for my own personal gratification...
aap sab bhi kya yaad rakhoge...ki mein kaise badi dilwaali Fansis hoonLOL
besides i knew you guys will be happyEmbarrassed

Jyotimena

IF-Rockerz

Jyotimena

Posted: 21 May 2013 at 2:53am | IP Logged
21. He's extremely welcoming and helpful when others come on "his" show. For example, when Matt Cohen first took the job as Young John Winchester, he had an idea for how to play the character and did so in rehearsal. Ackles sat down with him after to work with him further on the character and to make sure he wasn't intimidated, stepping into a character that had been so clearly defined by another actor.
^^aw...

Ephemera

Post Reply New Post

Go to top