Fan Fictions

**Adult contents and the mention of rape in FF** (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 9

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 9
Page 7 Page 9

shewolf.

IF-Sizzlerz

shewolf.

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 10:21am | IP Logged
ok I think the discussion is heading somewhere else. Well as a reader I don't have a problem with writers posting their work on a blog, I understand you guys fear your story will be lifted and I understand cause I have had my signatures and avis edited and posted on other sites, its annoying and so I got my shop closed b/c of that. In the same way you guys have the right to decide with whom to share your work but all we people are asking is to mention it at the start so that if we know we won't get to read further we'll skip it, that's all. 
and hey you guys would know how it is that when your already into the story and your literally biting your nails to know further and BAM! its restricted. Its irritating. Just mention it at the start and we'll be good :)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nJENIsshay.sanaAngel-Jot.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "**Adult contents and the mention of rape in FF** (Page 6)" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

debby_11

IF-Rockerz

debby_11

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 11:03am | IP Logged
As a reader I really do not have any problem with writers posting their work on their blog and even if they want to share their blog only with few people whom they trust. As the issue of plagiarism is really serious. Trust me even No copy posts can be copied...(I wont tell how) So If they take this step its purely because of few people who share their work without taking permission and take the whole credit of their work. So i support blogging...

P.S I said this only because i love my writers as they share their hard work trusting us but still few people misuse it . So blogging is a much safer option. 

Edited by debby_11 - 07 January 2013 at 11:01am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel-Jot.

shali

IF-Sizzlerz

shali

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 7:56pm | IP Logged
I'm in a fix about the hole blogging concept...
I agree if writers choose to post in a blog if the content is mature...but I will disagree if writers put up a part of a story and say: cause it's only for those who comment...and hide behind the hole "plagerisme concept"...
if you post in a blog then make it availble for all...

if I buy a book the writer doesn't knows my opinion about it...so why force readers to comment...if you wanne write do it cause it a joy for you...and expect ppl to enjoy your fantasy...don't write cause it a obligation...

I have a big problem to write a compliment or a good feedback...so i hit the like button...it is a easy way to express myself...like me there are more...and that doesn't mean that we don't appreciated the writers effort...the writer should also understand that reading can be a moment for relaxation...
A ending of a bussy day...

As a former updater I know And understand what a writer feels but again do it only for your happiness...

Shali / shanta71

Edited by shali - 07 January 2013 at 7:54pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shay.sanaAngel-Jot.

rima

IF-Sizzlerz

rima

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 2:32am | IP Logged
I am glad about this
frankly even in fiction i cant stand rape of girl by a guy and then saying the guy lives her
rape is rape is rape
it is use of brute force
nothing condones it
and I am very very unhappy with all FFs that use rape in the name of 'Dark FF'

surprisingly thoe FFs are immesely popular
shows that in our heart of heart we approve of rape?
rape by a lover?
a husband?

avcmyd

Naach_Basanti

IF-Sizzlerz

Naach_Basanti

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 2:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rima

I am glad about this
frankly even in fiction i cant stand rape of girl by a guy and then saying the guy lives her
rape is rape is rape
it is use of brute force
nothing condones it

rape by a lover?
a husband?

Just not that Rima, in many FFs women are being portrayed as welcoming brutal sex that violates and pains them. Some of these women beg for it. Frankly to me that is unacceptable.

Edited by Naach_Basanti - 12 January 2013 at 2:43am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

avcmydrima

Naach_Basanti

IF-Sizzlerz

Naach_Basanti

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 2:51am | IP Logged
I agree with the rule against usage of external links. IF has a right to protect and grow its user base and not send them off to another website. However its also important for writers to protect their own work. PMing the links is a much better idea. If you put the link on IF, there is still a very high possibility of one's work being plagiarized.

avcmyd

rima

IF-Sizzlerz

rima

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 7:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

I am glad about this
rape is rape is rape
it is use of brute force
nothing condones it

rape by a lover?
a husband?

Just not that Rima, in many FFs women are being portrayed as welcoming brutal sex that violates and pains them. Some of these women beg for it. Frankly to me that is unacceptable.
absolutely right
do people know what rape implies
it wounds the soul of a person
destroyes their self esteem
no one can put up with violent abusive love and it is vile to portray it
it sickens me
and yet I am zapped that many people, that too girls write it and like it

avcmyd

-publicenemy-

-publicenemy-

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 9:49am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

I am glad about this
rape is rape is rape
it is use of brute force
nothing condones it

rape by a lover?
a husband?

absolutely right
do people know what rape implies
it wounds the soul of a person
destroyes their self esteem
no one can put up with violent abusive love and it is vile to portray it
it sickens me
and yet I am zapped that many people, that too girls write it and like it

This is a troubling phenomenon that has been evident in many FFs for a while now.  However, what I have also noticed that - and I admit that this is likely an over-generalization - the FFs that glorify rape, rapists, and have the woman victim be presented as someone who either enjoys it or who later finds love with the perpetrator are written in a generally immature manner or at the very least give the indication that it is written by a young person or someone who is just reaching for extremes in the FF without having any understanding of the issue itself.  The reader-base also tends to be of a similar ilk, giving the indication of young age or some level of lack of maturity in their responses.  I am all for creative freedom in writing and there is certainly a genre of rape-fantasy fiction out there that has its own reader-base (although generally they are geared towards adults with some clear understanding of the distinction between fantasy and reality and not young'uns attracted to the shock value of the subject and somehow confusing that level of control and possession as somehow reflecting desirability and genuine love).  

I have had debates on this issue with some of my friends here on IF and in arguing both sides of the equation between ourselves, what one of them said was that there is no way to protect children and adolescents from the real world and given that they have access to the web and all its questionable content, what is the purpose of trying to control content here on IF or FFs.  While there is some merit to her argument, I am often troubled by how much support there is here for 'dark FFs' with this content and how the majority typically tend to ignore the issue and the fact that some of these FFs receive 300 and 400 likes.  Popularity does not automatically mean that the issue should not be questioned or that there shouldn't be a good discussion about this trend so that the other side of the issue - the problems with glorifying rape in this manner - should not be discussed.  

Independent of the new rules on writing this content, I am genuinely curious about the appeal of this trend and would like to hear from both sides of the argument - those who are in support of it and those who are opposed to it.

-D

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

khahaniavcmydNaach_Basantirima

Post Reply New Post

Go to top