Fan Fictions

**Adult contents and the mention of rape in FF** (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 9

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 9
Page 6 Page 9

Angel-Jot.

Angel-Jot.

I-F Crazy Creatives Head, BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 06 January 2013 at 11:11pm | IP Logged
I understand the feelings of many readers that feel that they haven't been treated fairly by the writers but as I stated earlier, writers can't be forced to share their story with you if they don't want to. It's their work and they have every right to decide who they'd like to give access to it and where. So unfortunately, readers will have to deal with such issues and move on to another story as there are hundreds at this forum. =)

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Koeli_Appy-AnarocksickTake_Thatdebby_11lazyleaves

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "**Adult contents and the mention of rape in FF** (Page 5)" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Koeli_Appy-

Coolbie

-Koeli_Appy-

FF Forum Graphicer,Crazy Creative Baby,RR,SNS,ENP BC Winner

Posted: 06 January 2013 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jjsof

and writers should understand that this is a PUBLIC FORUM, means everything in this forum should be accessible by all the members of it... and if they are uncomfortable with the public, i don't think this is the right place for them to expose their creations... 
one thing that depressed me a lot is... i felt that the readers are losing their self respect... 

i wish there should be a proper relationship between the reader and the writer... a healthy one... 
a reader should have a mentality of appreciate or criticize, what they read something and writers should not take it personally ...

i totally understand where you are coming from. and i respect each and everything that you wrote. yes it is a public forum and every person has the write to read anything. but in this public forum there are some restrictions as well. some where there and some are newly implemented. as a writer we are trying to obey and respect the new rules. it is not about being comfortable and uncomfortable, it is more about why the writer is restricting their work. some restrict due to people copying their work and the others due to matured content in the FF and trust me both are right on their own.

coming to the bold part i totally agree with you. the writers should have a healthy relationship with her readers so that it makes the situation easy for both. the choice of reading a particular fanfic is entirely yours and prasing and appreciating it is a different it. as far as the criticism is concern even the readers needs to understand the writer and the characters. there are many instance whether readers bluntly comments on a character and what the writer to change. well for me this is something absurd coz a writer goes through a lot of thought process and then make a character and commenting on the character in the very beginning is not justified unless you get to know the character fully. i guess at some point of time the reader needs to give benefit of the doubt to the writer and his/her characters. now if the writer changes a particular character then the story doesnot remain the same and writers will invariably go off the track. 

FF in this forum is no different than books. if we like it we buy it if we dont like it we dont buy it. yes here writers can still change the script according to the demand but for books they cant coz they are sold the entire product at once.

for me honestly i never faced a problem with my readers. they are very understand and sweethearts. i have shifted one of my story's mature content in a new blog which is restricted. but most of them are ok with it as i am going to give preference to those people who are my old and regular readers and whom i trust fully. not that i dont trust others but due to some personal reasons i have to restrict it. and trust me i got a very positive response in that and my readers understood and respected my POV.

As far as i am concerned i am going to post the matured content in the blog and the rest of the story will be in I-F. what matters is the concept and the narration not the matured content. yes it definately adds into the story which i dont want to compromise on but not reading it doesnot take away the charm of the story. i am thankful to all my readers that they have immense trust on me and agreed to continue reading it instead of creating any fuss or being demanding to get added in the blog...

so it works both ways. one thing a writer should keep in mind is that they are nothing without their readers...so one should respect them

and for readers respecting writer will only bring out the best in the writer. the more they get motivated the better stories they will be able to produce.

Edited by Appy_Indy - 06 January 2013 at 11:50pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

shanta71uzam818avcmydnannavsun_shine_girlCravingKhanalazyleaves

lazyleaves

IF-Stunnerz

lazyleaves

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 12:42am | IP Logged
A private blog is a personal belonging. Do we share our personal belonging in the public? No. And even if we do, we make sure no one can use it without our permission.

The same goes for blogs. Why will an author give her personal belonging to someone he/she is not aware of? An author would love to know their readers, but there is a condition here. How will the author interact with readers if they are not even aware of their existence?

If you don't like to comment on the thread as you are too scared to put your thoughts in to words on a public forum, it is quite understandable (I was a silent reader for 6 months!)

But isn't the PM option always available to let the author know that there is someone somewhere in the world silently reading your stories? Give us a review. If the readers stop giving us reviews how will we, as authors be motivated?

Why is the silence broken only after the author goes blogging? Why suddenly they PM after the author goes blogging?

This really breaks the author's heart when they get PMs/comments like - 'Hey plzzz give me your blog link' without saying even once, without using even a single adjective about the story.

Place yourself in the author's shoe and think how bad he/she feels when they get such PMs or comments and if they don't get the blog access they have essays to write on how horrible the writer is but still not utter a single word about their works.

It is just Broken Heart

I am sure if IF had stricter plagiarism and no copy rules, no author would leave IF because there is nothing as enjoyable as IF

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

shanta71sarahehsanmz.brar-Koeli_Appy-Angel-Jot.gugguavcmydnannavTake_Thatdebby_11shewolf.Naach_BasantiSenorita SanayaAngelTeenBarun_Addict

Take_That

IF-Rockerz

Take_That

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 2:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lazyleaves

A private blog is a personal belonging. Do we share our personal belonging in the public? No. And even if we do, we make sure no one can use it without our permission.

The same goes for blogs. Why will an author give her personal belonging to someone he/she is not aware of? An author would love to know their readers, but there is a condition here. How will the author interact with readers if they are not even aware of their existence?

If you don't like to comment on the thread as you are too scared to put your thoughts in to words on a public forum, it is quite understandable (I was a silent reader for 6 months!)

But isn't the PM option always available to let the author know that there is someone somewhere in the world silently reading your stories? Give us a review. If the readers stop giving us reviews how will we, as authors be motivated?

Why is the silence broken only after the author goes blogging? Why suddenly they PM after the author goes blogging?

This really breaks the author's heart when they get PMs/comments like - 'Hey plzzz give me your blog link' without saying even once, without using even a single adjective about the story.

Place yourself in the author's shoe and think how bad he/she feels when they get such PMs or comments and if they don't get the blog access they have essays to write on how horrible the writer is but still not utter a single word about their works.

It is just Broken Heart

I am sure if IF had stricter plagiarism and no copy rules, no author would leave IF because there is nothing as enjoyable as IF

I agree!

I never commented on your works. Read them all without dropping one word as a comment, never told if I like your stories or not. It's simply wrong to ask for d blog link then. So I didn't.

Not that I am a silent reader. I simply didn't comment. So if I, as a reader, choose to be silent, as a writer one has all the rights to decide with whom to share their intellectual creations.

When the writers put in all the hard- work to write, one comment acknowledging the same from the reader will not do any harm. But, yet again, it's for one to decide what is to be done. If readers decide to not comment, they should be silent all the while and should not ask for the blog link as well.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mz.brarsarahehsanadeeti10Angel-Jot.

Sunshine Girl

IF-Stunnerz

Sunshine Girl

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 3:11am | IP Logged
Nice one..much needed I guess !!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel-Jot.

avcmyd

IF-Dazzler

avcmyd

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 3:20am | IP Logged
Request to Angel dot. As now the discussion is taking the another healthy direction. Can you please consider changing the topic of the thread. I feel little disturbed with the mention of that ugliest truth word and helplessness of the poor victims souls.

ArSHI_CRAZY

ArSHI_CRAZY

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 7:04am | IP Logged
tqs 

Angel-Jot.

-Orchid-

IF-Stunnerz

-Orchid-

Posted: 07 January 2013 at 9:31am | IP Logged
Thank you So much...Noted