Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sur91 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
Thanx for the new rules and like few ithers I have the same problem regarding blog updates.

Some of the authors post half of the chapters here and half on their protected blog whose link is only given to a selected few. Though the link is not given in the FF(hence not violating any rule) but many readers literally beg the authors to give blog link which is natural coz no one wants to leave a story half way.

So my only suggestion is that authors should either mention abt the blog and its limited visibility beforehand or don't oust those half chapters at allEdited by ..sur.. - 11 years ago
ShrayaBiswas thumbnail
Thank you so much for the rules!!! This was much needed!!! I really appreciate this!! :)
nikita_88 thumbnail
Just a question because there are some people who use a Blog to post their work but it is not mature in anyway or forum they just feel more comfortable posting it there due to plagiarism and other issues are they not able to post their blog links here either? 

Thank you for posting these rules - Some FFs here where getting worse than sites that allow such stories to be posted... 
Edited by nikita_88 - 11 years ago
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
^You can PM the link, post it on other forums [if there isn't already a rule regarding this] but NOT at this forum. 
SiasCreations thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I now know that posting blog links isn't allowed on FF threads; I only have done so once as some readers are no longer active on IF - however, I will edit that out as soon as I can. Are we still allowed to do so in an FF index? If we just post the link at the bottom & not shamelessly promote the blog over IF?
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Just don't post it anywhere at this forum.
norolim thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Res*
Edited*

I have two things to say. Firstly, thank you so much for starting this discussion. It has been disgusting to see the things that continue on this Forum, and specially the idea of "romanticizing rape." No matter whether the perpetrator was Arnav or Shyam; rape is wrong, and it cannot be used in a positive manner. Especially the victim falling in love with the rapist. I understand if rape is necessary to a certain plot line, but then it must be treated with the respect it deserves. Not as a joke. It is illegal, and that must be kept in mind.

But I have another question; Yes, I have written stories with Mature Content, but I like to think that I keep it subtle. I do not use dirty talk, and do not use derogatory words in a sexual connotation. But I do have an ongoing story about Child Abuse on this Forum. Arnav's trauma is show in a light that it demands to be shown. I do not "romanticize" this act, but show it for it truly is. Again, I do not think there is anything overt even in those flashbacks.

Does that go against the rules?

Anyhow, the story is on IF only till part 22. The rest is updated on a private blog whose link is secret.

Thank you.

Avi
Edited by dreamyshadows - 11 years ago
Angel-Jot thumbnail
A long as the abuse wasn't described or shown as a positive act, it should be fine.
Fleur_de_Lis thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
thank you very much for the info...
munam_13 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Guys.. being a writeR myself I understand the need to protect the story which we have nurtured like a baby... Therefore can you guys please edit the first post of this thread and add the membersonly and nocopy codes so that those who are ignorant about it can use them and protect their fics.