Sensational South

The curious case of Vikram

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Sultan_Of_Swing

IF-Sizzlerz

Sultan_Of_Swing

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 3:08pm | IP Logged
I have been a fan of Vikram starting with Sethu. Vikram to me is one of the most refined actors in India.  He is a jack of all trades and master of all of it too. He gets into the charcter effortlessly whether it is potraying the smart cop in a masala movie like Samy or the role of an emotionally recluse undertaker in Pithamagan. The last movie of Vikram's I watched was Kandasamy and to be honest it was terrible  in every sense of the word. Since then I have not watched a single movie of his, maybe except for the Hindi version of Raavan. None of his movie have really managed to capture my attention.

Why do you think Vikram finds himself in the position he is in? At one point of time he had the pick of best movies commercial ones as well as serious ones. But its been a long time since I saw him in a movie which does justice to his abilities as a seasoned performer.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mellisai-Raichu--himu-sahi.siva2901

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The curious case of Vikram" in Sensational South forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Raichu-

IF-Rockerz

-Raichu-

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 4:53pm | IP Logged
Vikram is a very versatile actor who is the Johnny Depp of Kollywood !
I will always be one of his fan because I can watch some of his movies n times without getting bored !! 

He's a well known actor only because of his hard work and his talent !

Like you I've been disappointed with his latest movies, not because he didn't act well, he did justice for each of his roles, but the storylines didn't attracted me !! 

We all know Vikram and his love to disguise himself so he become predictable maybe that's why he never surprises us in his movies. 

His movies are more axed on his role than the storyline so we have the feeling we're watching an actor acting and not a movie and we get bored.

So I think he should choose movies with good and fresh content giving less importance to his role ! 
We'll love him even if he plays a common man role !

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sahi.siva2901Sultan_Of_Swing

Smiles-20

IF-Rockerz

Smiles-20

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 8:06pm | IP Logged
Vikram's cool, a risk taker and yes our Jhonny Depp. I hope he continues to do more movies and new roles. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Raichu-sahi.Sultan_Of_Swing

sahi.

IF-Sizzlerz

sahi.

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
Vikram is somwhat doign different roles that is the biggest plus point for him also if for one film he increase his weight means then in the next film he will reduce the weight.. 

Whatever success comes to him main reason is vikram only he is one of the dedicated actors..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Raichu-Sultan_Of_Swing

siva2901

IF-Sizzlerz

siva2901

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 5:10am | IP Logged
Vikram is a wonderful Actor  really hard working  guy :) . he always plays different roles Thats his best quality

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Raichu-Sultan_Of_Swing

mellisai

Viewbie

mellisai

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 7:00am | IP Logged
I thought Vikram's acting was over the top in Raavanan and Deiva Thirumgal. I still haven't finished watcheing Deiva Thirumagal and he's one reason why I haven't (other being Santhanam's comedy track!). 

His movie selection is second to none - there's good plots (storyline) and scope for him to show off his acting. He's been unlucky that some other factor (out of his control) doesn't help his movies click with the audience. He should stick to selecting unique movies like Kanthasaamy, Raavanan, [Deiva Thirumagal] and Rajapattai. Only suggestion to him - don't overact to show us you can act, we already know u can act!!Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Raichu-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top