Pratyusha is a brilliant actor - Sriti Jha

uknaik99 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Pratyusha Banerjee is a brilliant actor and I would want to learn from her: Sriti Jha

After being part of an immensely popular show like Dil se Di Dua Saubhagyavati Bhava on Life OK, Sriti Jha now enters the highly successful show on Colors, Balika Vadhu (produced by Sphere Origins).

Sriti has been brought in to be the love interest of Jagya aka Shashank Vyas. In a chat with Tellychakkar.com, Sriti gave us a brief on her role in the long running show.

"I essay the role of Ganga, a girl who has a lot of layers. She has seen a lot of grief in life, after going through a child marriage. She is a mother to an infant and has faced a lot of problems from her in-laws. There is a lot of fire in Ganga's belly. She has become wiser after facing all the problems that life has given her. Ganga will bump into Jagya and this is how their lives get interconnected. In fact, Ganga and Jagya have a growing curve wherein they help each other in their respective lives," shared Sriti.

Sriti is proud to be part of a show of the stature of Balika Vadhu. "I am excited to be working with all the actors associated with the show. Surekhaji (Sikri) is a school in herself when it comes to acting. Pratyusha (Banerjee) is a brilliant actor and I would want to learn from her."

On why she took up this role, the actress stated, "Well, there is no one reason as to why I took up Balika Vadhu. But firstly, I accepted the role because I wanted to be part of Purnenduji's (Shekhar) writing. His characters are so brilliantly etched that viewers tend to fall for them."

Ask her about reports of she being roped in to essay the role of Anandi initially, and she said, "No, when that report came in, I was not even in discussion for a role in Balika Vadhu. When talks happened, I was to play a new character always. I must say, the makers of Balika Vadhu have been bold enough in creating strong characters at regular intervals and all of them have been successful."

On being apprehensive of sharing screen space with Pratyusha aka Anandi, an actress and role that has gained so much popularity, Sriti averred, "Not at all. Pratyusha is a great actress and I am a huge fan of hers."
Sriti will be seen in a very different avatar in Balika Vadhu. Talking about the uniqueness, Sriti went on to state, "I have never played a typical rural character so far. This role of Ganga is challenging in all ways. I have a different dialect, that of a Rajasthani in the show. I will be seen wearing lehengas."

When asked about her personal life (she apparently is in a relationship with Harshad Chopda), Sriti immediately told us that, "I will get back to you on this. Let me start working on my character in Balika…"

Sriti's grand entry will be aired in the episode on 2 January 2013. We wish her all the luck!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

andv thumbnail
Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to her track.
SritiFan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Very excited about her entry, can't wait
Minionite thumbnail
Awesome! So she's made her entry!!! 👏
Thanks for this. Looking forward to seeing this story unfold. Sriti Jha has solid acting chops.
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for sharing.

Eagerly looking forward to her entry of this talented actress.
Jaymaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Definitely Pratyusha is brilliant actres .she s acting ,expration is amazing.👏