Why PH signed BARUN for 1 year?The ANSWER is...

Posted: 11 years ago
I was a silent reader in this forum until LM interview came up & what i am going to write is just my POV of this whole fiasco from all interviews so far & I DONT HAVE ANY SOURCES

THE ORIGINAL PLAN   :-

BARUN SOBTI  was roped in to play ASR for 1 year &  PH thought they can REPLACE him after   1 year.WE ALL KNOW THAT who was supposed to play ASR,it was KARAN SINGH GROVER,but HE COLDN'T ACCEPT THE ROLE due to PERSONAL REASONS.PH thought  that ,until KSG returns ,BS CAN PLAY THE ROLE,& ASR was a very BIG ROLE too & NOBODY would have thought that he could play an ANGRY YOUNG MAN  to perfection.

BS put forward 1 year contract & the PH AGREED since it is beneficial to both because BS was working continuously for 3 years and he was also newly married & PH HAD THEIR BACKUP PLAN(There is no reason for PH to agree his condition other than this ,remember that BARUN was not at all a STAR that time .)

WHAT HAPPENED:-

IPKKND TOOK OFF & IT BECAME A PHENOMENON & the main reason was BARUN SOBTI & SANAYA IRANI.
BARUN wanted to leave in february(may be he got his film role).KSG returned from his BREAK.
BUT at that time BARUN SOBTI already made the charecter ASR his own & THE CHANNEL knows his popularity.So they made him stay back (remember GUL-BARUN INTERVIEW.GUL said that it was SUZANE who convinced BS TO STAY BACK& introduced kidnap track to accommodate his leave).
so GUL started  planning another show QUBOOL HAI .LM left ipkknd this time since he was not satisfied with the story.HE said that hea told something else from the beginning.MAY be GUL used remaining IPKKND story in QH or they just concentrated on the NEW SHOW COMPLETELY AVOIDING IPKKND ,be it in the story. character devolopment or costumes.
BARUN'S CONTRACT ended in JUNE but he decided to stay back for the sake of the show since IPKKND was a sinking ship due to the lack of interest showed by PH(remember that he was really tired after the movie shoot,but still he stayed back).BUT IPKKND HAD ALREADY LOST IT'S CHARM and the crappy tracks continued.

AFTER JUNE:-

DALJEET was not satisfied with her character,

ARSHAD KHAN was called to direct QH, so LM had to  come back,

DEEPALI PUT DOWN PAPERS & then stayed back,

AKSHAY & DEEPALI LEFT(due to creative differences),

and finally BARUN DECIDES TO LEAVE.

AND EVERYONE PUT THE BLAME ON HIM.

IN MY POV ,the only one who needs to be blamed is the PH because everyone else, be it the director or actors, had tried their best to save the show(especially SANAYA IRANI).

pls share your views..

"The show had run its course"...I see, LM sir! But every show does run it's course in Indian TV, den y r shows continuing till 1000 episodes?
And exactly, y d hell did dey show Arnav-Khushi luv story, y not sum XYZ-Khushi luv story wid Arnav being a 3rd character...?Rather, it wud hv been easier 4 us!

Y did dey show remarriage track n den decide to kill Arnav? Y not b4 remarriage? Or even before Arnav confessed it's love?

The answer is not "Show had run its course" but its simply cuz of a huge mismanagement by the channel n ph. Had PH had some Plan B, did wud hv never happnd!

And, deir tagline was "Nafrat paas aane na de, Mohabbat door jaane na de". But acc 2 LM sir, "Love happens again and again", den y didnt dey have a diff tagline from the starting. Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? Ans: Because luv happens again and again...but wen the lead actress (not actor cuz if Barun wud hv left) found the true love, den "Pyaar" ko "Naam" mill gaya...

And acc 2 SP's and 4lions thnking, v cud hv accepted Viraf and watched Arnav dying and then the tagline wud have changed from  "Nafrat paas aane na de, mohabbat door jane na de, Iss pyaar ko kya naam doon?" to "Pyaar hua phir se, zindagi mili phirse, toh apne pehle pyaar ko kya naam doon? aur iss pyaar ko kya naam doon?"

But i know only one thing, WE LOST OUR SHOW, DAMMIT AND I DUNNO WHO'S AT FAULT EVEN NOW!
Edited by Tiashaa - 11 years ago

i have been to every single post about LMs interview but yaar only i repest only ur post makes sense to me...

agree with u 20000%
Edited by tonmoy009 - 11 years ago
The only thing dat i learnt from his interview is dat neither sanaya nor barun was at fault.I Love both of them and will keep loving dem always. we lost our show BAS. 
Can everyone please get over all of this drama and enjoy what was on-screen. Can we please relish the memories we created and stop figuring out who did what when and why?
Nothing is going to change now. Heavenssake. Now I know why people leave this forum.
Originally posted by Lucinda.Brown

Can everyone please get over all of this drama and enjoy what was on-screen. Can we please relish the memories we created and stop figuring out who did what when and why?
Nothing is going to change now. Heavenssake. Now I know why people leave this forum.
i am really sorry if i hurt u,i only made this post because everyone is starting blaming barun for the crappy tracks too while  PH is the one to be blamed.
If PH has lost interest and concentating on a different show what can an actor or writers do about it!!!

PH ruined and sacrificed it for QH.

Nothing can replace IPKKND.

Missing it very badly
this is exactly what happened .i agree and iam of this opinion.PH neglected the show ,maybe this the reason that channel had shut down the show as PH was only concentrating on the other show
     i also think that this KSG angle is also somehow responsible.
bang on post!
completely agree!!
The mystery deepens. ha ha ha , love story or love again story on screen and mystery thriller off screen . which is more entertining. inbeshtigashon kare ki padi. but answer milega kya ???? yeh mystery of the decade huii gawa ...😆