~~ Vishwaroopam Reviews & Discussions ~~

sahi. thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
~~ Vishwaroopam Reviews & Discussions ~~ 

First of all, God bless the people who made huge noise about Vishwaroopam being anti-islam. Vishwaroopam clearly has no spiritual or political motive. The movie is made with only one intention - to entertain, and entertain it does, with a top class technical team assembled and headed by Dr.Kamal haasan, the man who continues to be one of the few living pioneers, bringing in new filmmaking initiatives to Indian cinema. 

We will stay far away from mentioning anything about the story or giving away spoilers in this review as it would be a criminal offense to do so for this movie. Rightly censored at U/A, there is an apt warning in the beginning over the display of blood and gore. But when the movie is on terrorism, what else can one expect?

Perhaps there is none who is even remotely close to Kamal haasan in enacting a Kathak teacher with aplomb and elegance ease. Such is his mastery over the art. The scene where Kamal's transformation is shown, bolstered with some great stunt choreography, stands out. The highlight of the movie is the training camp sequences - well compiled with the right background score. Rahul bose and his lieutenant Jaideep Ahlawat steal the show. Nassar, Pooja Kumar, Andrea Jeremiah and Shekar Kapur are all appropriate. 

Coming to the technical aspects, screenplay is nonlinear, new, warrants focus from the viewers and engages for most of the running time. Though Vishwaroopam has no political motive, the story has the sensitive 'war against terror' as the backdrop. Hence, no wonder the writers employed wisely crafted dialogues with both hidden and explicit messages, all for the viewers to explore. But in the same breath, it must be mentioned that the Tamil spoken by some of the characters is a strain for the ears. 

Cinematographer Sanu Varghese and art director Ilayaraja are the two key stars in Kamal's technical team. The former framed some great shots of the Afghan landscape whereas the later brought home the Tora Bora caves. Shankar-Eshaan-Loy is the best thing to have happened to Vishwaroopam. The movie would not have turned out to be what it is, without their music. Editing by Mahesh Narayanan is mostly adequate, but could have been a little more coherent towards the ending portion. Some might find the conclusion to be quick and abrupt, but there is no doubt over the expectation for the sequel. 

To sum it up, if you are a fan of intelligent cinema, do yourself a favor, wait no longer, go watch Vishwaroopam.

Verdict: One of the commercially best made movies of Tamil cinema.

Rating : 4/5

Source : Behindwoods
Edited by Ravi. - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sahi. thumbnail
Vishwaroopam Movie Review by Sir Voice Poet (Ravi)

Vishwaroopam which is been banned in tamil nadu due to it is hurting one particular religion due to that it has been banned in Tamil Nadu. But Vishwaroopam has banned in some countries and some states, but it takes a strong opening in overseas. Vishwaroopam release worldwide from January 25,2012 onwards.

STORYLINE * I didn't reveal the whole story I tried my best to avoid spoiles *
Viswanath (Kamal) is a Kathak dancer, who has some feminism touches he is been married to Nirupama (Pooja) in the name of marriage of convenience. But Pooja didn't like Viswanath, so she has arranged a detective to find is Vishwanath is having affair with any girls. Meanwhile Omar (Rahul Bose) and his team is planning for a attack, accidentally the detective has come in the way of the terrorist. so the terrorist have killed the detective and it makes Vishwanath and Nirupama in a big trouble. Later Nirupama knows about the true side of Vishwanath , as she knews that Vishwanath hide his identity, religion and she is in complete shocked. Now Viswanath, Nirupama, Ashmita (Andrea) and Shekar Kapur in the group of 4, succeded in their mission on stopping Omar attack or not is the rest of the story of Vishwaroopam is about.

PERFORMANCE
Kamal Haasan has lived in his role of Viswanath and Wiz, especially he stole the show as Vishwanath the kathak dancer he was simply outstanding, he showed many variation in that role. In his opening kathak dance he is very expressive, dancing greatly as a real kathak dancer and also hilarious. After he show his real face in the film Vishwaroopam Kamal is just terrific he gives another set of outstanding performance in that role. Kamal Haasan showed a outstanding variation in both the Kathak Dancer and Jehadi roles. Kamal haasan has put so much hard work for this role he did many breathtaking stunts, but he did with complete ease.

Pooja Kumar as the the doctor did a great work, her comic sense with Kamal Haasan really worked out well. Mostly Pooja Kumar is very expressive she is apt for this role. Nothing to say about Andrea or Naser they did a small part nothing much to perform in their role especially Andrea role is been wasted. Shekar Kapur come in a supporting role and did his part pretty well but Rahul Bose as the villain he is terrifc.

ANALYSIS (POSITIVES/NEGATIVES)
Kamal Haasan as the put nearly 100 crores to the whole Vishwaroopam film, as Kamal didn't waste any money for songs, or any silly things this has to be really appreciated. Whatever money Kamal has paid everything is very useful as we cannot see the grandeur with set decoration, so on, we can only see the grandeur through Kamal Haasan brilliant execution.  

Kamal has taken a good story based on terrorism and executed brilliantly through his direction. he has taken many interesting scenes also many scenes he have used many creativity and technicalities. Like the way he showed the some important scenes in slow motion shots in rewind mode is just out of the word and very creative. He has think so much for this project he almost perfectly succeded in every department of this film.Especially love the way of Kamal Haasan the showing the lives of terrorist. Kamal didn't show negative aspect of terrorist life and make the terrorist as a antagonist, he also showed how much the terrosist are suffering through Vishwaroopam. No one will spend so much money for these kind theme but Kamal will just hats off to Kamal Haasan.

There are also some problem in Vishwaroopam like Kamal didn't explain some things properly and make us confuse in few parts. Andrea role doesn't help for Vishwaroopam because she comes in few scenes and they didn't explain why Andrea comes out how?? They leave it blank may be due to showing that in Vishwaroopam 2, But these kind of scenes they could have explain in part 1 of Vishwaroopam itself  in my opinion. Audience having many chance to confused with Vishwaroopam due to few things didn't explain properly.  But any how Vishwaroopam 2 idea is very engaging idea.

Another problem is graphics looks unrealistic in few scenes especially where police landing in the flight for the rescue mission. In that scene the the flight look very unrealistic other than that graphics is almost perfect just few errors in graphics.

Action Sequence are one of the biggest strength for this film as it is very gore, realisitc and great every stunts are mindblowing  in this film. Especially during the transformation of Kamal haasan along with the Vishwaroopam theme a stunt will come those stunt are hard hitting, realistic and just excellent.

Music is above average but it is not excellent but the Vishwaroopam theme is excellent. Songs are average but due to Visualization of the song execution those songs are hearable and we can enjoy it. Re recording is perfect. Cinematography is one of the biggest strength capturing the shots in Afghanistan is not at all a easy job it is such a difficult cinematography. Cinematogrpaher need a big applause.. Editing is another advantage for Vishwaroopam as the editor didn't use any unwanted scene and make the film dull he has trimmed the whole Vishwaroopam film perfectly with various shots and sync it out perfectly that's why we didn't get bored Along with the screenplay the editor have play really well and tell the story superbly that's why we won't feel the film boring.  Last but not the leat the lyrics and dialogues of the film which are so beautiful. There are some controversial dialogues also but no issues on that. Anu Vidhaitha Boomiyile lyrics is one of the best lyrics I hear in the recent times especially this line waaah nam nooikku anbandri veru marunthillai, por sellum veeram oru thaai maganthaan. Every departments in this films are great like Art design, sound effects so on.

QUESTION TO THE GOVERNMENT/FILMAKERS/PEOPLE
Kamal didn't hurt any religions in this film he only speaks about terrorism through Vishwaroopam but some of them take it very offensive. Why so in tamil cinema there are more of films coming with terrorism issue they are showing terrorist in a cheap way in  some masala films but people have support those films and make the film a blockbuster, super hit. But if filmmakers like Kamal Haasan who was to show his creativity through showing the lives of terrorism means some of them find offensive and banning the whole film is a completely ridiculous. We can discuss many many problem which is happening in tamil cinema showing womens in the name of item songs and making money by the name of blaming people and accusing people like to watch those kind of things. People knows how to encourage a film they encourage honest attempt these kind of things like item songs, are just for the personal satisfication only but those film getting huge success many of them are supporting those films. But why the government didn't banned those film and targeting only on Vishwaroopam. Cinema and Politics are two different field don't mix it up as one, If a filmmakers want to show his creativity sometime he have to show in a different way people may found offensive, if the people find offensive menas they knows to how to solve it they will dislike the film or anything why the banned is for. Just requesting the government to stop the banned of Vishwaroopam and let is play in the theatres. If we didn't likes filmmakers like kamal haasan ok fine but atleast try to show some respect for his honest attempt.

CONCLUSION
After watching Vishwaroopam we won't believe it is a tamil, we will have doubts it is a hollywood film, as the theme is very sensitive and in every aspects whtether it is Music, Cinematogrpahy, Sound Effects, Action Sequnce , Story, Screenplay, Direction every aspects will come together and believe us Vishwaroopam Hollywood film. Vishwaroopam is a complete team work. Vishwaroopam is one of the best thrilling flick in recent time it is a must watch film. In the past 2 year my best ever rating is only for Vishwaroopam due to his honest attempt with so much hard work efforts. Don't miss this film it is a must watch film simple no words to say about the film.

VERDICT: Vishwaroopam is a brilliant attempt which takes tamil cinema into Hollywood.

RATING: 8.3/10
Edited by Ravi. - 11 years ago
-Raichu- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
A very expected movie !
Kamal Hassan is back after two years and we're all expecting a lot from him.

Kamal Hassan showed once again he's a Sakalaka Vallavan 😉
Malarkodi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Count down starts ...

long awaited & expected Movie of this year...For sure it will hit the box office... Waiting to watch it in a week 

Its gonna to be a treat to all Kamal Fans 😳
sahi. thumbnail
Yes guys he is coming to screens nearly after 2.5 years 

and pls don't watch this film in thiruttu vcd or online try to watch it in theatres as huge amount invest in this film 95 crores Kamal has sell some of his house to produce this huge film 😳 Also in theatres only u can feel the effect of auro 3d surrounding sound ⭐️
-Raichu- thumbnail
@Ravi : Ayyo my mum is a big Kamal Hassan fan, obviously we'll watch it in thearter 😉😉
But unfortunately I have my exams so I hope the movie will run more than 10 days here 😳😳
Generally tamil movies run less than one week here 
sahi. thumbnail
Hoping this films is classy like Hey Ram and Virumandi akka but enna audience will appreciate or not is the big question :( 
Malarkodi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
For sure i will watch it in big screen... 

i love watching Movies in Theater   
-Raichu- thumbnail
You know I just watched a video in which we can see the hardwork done for this movie !!
I think Kamal Hassan was injured during the shooting ! 

I really the movie will be a hit but I'm worried because looks like the movie is around political issues, and Indian public doesn't like that ! 😕😕

sahi. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Agathe

You know I just watched a video in which we can see the hardwork done for this movie !!

I think Kamal Hassan was injured during the shooting ! 

I really the movie will be a hit but I'm worried because looks like the movie is around political issues, and Indian public doesn't like that ! 😕😕

Yes akka padam hit agadhu reason is there will be no masala in this film classy ah irukkum athan also many issues it is covering classy ah irukkum for sure..