I will not compromise …"- Moulli Ganguly

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago

She has walked out of two Balaji shows. She is an actress who talks straight from the heart and has no qualms in admitting that once a character stagnates, she is out, no matter what --- even if she has to leave a hefty pay packet behind! Some might call this pretty lady eccentric, mad or cranky, but Moulli Ganguly knows exactly what she is talking about.

Sitting on the sets of Zee's Sarrkkar in suburban Mumbai, Moulli is no mood to make any compromises, as far as her career is concerned. She makes bold statements, and comes across as an actress with an individuality that allows no constraints on her creative satisfaction. In a candid tte--tte with Ananya Sengupta, Moulli Ganguly talks about the pain of being an actor and the pleasure of suffering through it all.

So how is to be part of Sarkkarr?

It's a very different kind of show and I really love working on it. It might not end up getting high TRPs, but it is a show that is directed at a niche audience…

short dressBut the show is getting rave reviews…
Even Black got rave reviews, but it wasn't a mega hit!

Tell me what happened in Kkusum?
Oh! I seem to be answering this question all day! No, I quit the show. I stopped shooting a month back.

What happened?
My track wasn't going anywhere. I was offered a parallel lead, but look what happened…there was no growth and I didn't know what was happening. It suddenly became negative, and basically there was no logic in all that was happening. And I have never carried on with a show, just because I can take home a daily pay…I don't do characters in which I don't believe…I won't compromise. An actor's life is too short to make concessions.

Tell me frankly, financially speaking, would you have quit Kkusum, if Sarkkarr did not happen?
Hmmm....Yes, I guess I would have. It is just that I was psychologically unable to
do Kkusum. Money was never an issue.

But oher people are doing it....
You know, I have seen some people play characters twice their age, but not look like it. It is illogical, if you ask me. But different people make different choices, and I have made mine. I won't work, but not do something just for the sake of it.

What happened in Kaahin Kissi Roz?
That was a show that made me a household name. But I had to opt out of the show because of date issues. I am indebted to Ekta for giving me such an opportunity, and then they called me back for Kkusum and that was nice of them, but I couldn't go on in Kkusum, just could not!

What about Saakshi?
I knew Saakshi won't work, but I really liked the show. You know, in a week from the launch, I had gone to Rajasthan, where people asked me why I was wearing simple clothes and no jewelry. When I told them that I was playing a middle class girl, who was an undercover cop, they told me --- par achche kapde aur jhumke pehenna. From then on, I knew Saakshi won't work. It's the same story for Balaji's Kkehna Hai Kuch Mujhko. I really think that it was Ekta's best serial ever and I don't know what happened! But I also believe that there is work out there for all.

Coming back to acting, do you think commercial gains have taken over talent?
Well, there is Rani Mukherjee and there are others. Models who do their thing and get away with it. I know that I will look glamorous in an off-shoulder or a short dress, but I will not wear a bikini --- again it's a matter of choice. No one can make you do something that you don't want to do, be it the casting couch or exposure of any kind --- some people choose to do it, some people decide to put their foot down.

So you are adamant about doing strong a character…is Kruttika strong?
Kruttika (in Sarkkarr) is very strong; she is an individual in her own right. She does not let her mother overshadow her. They share a love hate relationship, that is a first on Indian television.

So where do you see yourself five years down the line?
More movies, more serials and good work!

Marriage…
I want to marry, but I will have to fall in love first. My mom keeps telling me…but I can't go looking for love…it just happens. That's the magic!

TAKE CARE

ANOLI

XXX

shes lucky she out.....if we are so bored n angry at watchin kusum imagine her haalat lol

go mauli!!!! n plus the more people that leave the show..the more there is  a chance it going off air 😆

yay shes lucky shes out and thanks