India-Forums

Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai
Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai

I RECOMMEND..........

TheBlackJaguar IF-Stunnerz
TheBlackJaguar
TheBlackJaguar

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 1:00am | IP Logged
Erisch Segal's "Acts of faith"  to everyone. It is a beautiful story of Timothy and Deborah...A STORY OF TRUE LOVE.If you get a chance, do read it. It's no great literature but a beautiful story.

chillyflakes Senior Member
chillyflakes
chillyflakes

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 1:12am | IP Logged

OMG OMG OMG..........NITICA I TELL YOU WE HAVE SOME CONNECTION!

ACTS OF FAITH IS ONE OF MY FAVOURITE READS OF ALL TIMES. I WAS SO MADLY IN LOVE WITH TIM HOGAN........OH GOD, HIS CHEMISTRY WITH DEBORAH WAS JUST AWESOME!

I AM TRULY SURPRISED THAT YOU RECOMMENDED THIS BOOK, AS IT IS NOT ONE OF ERICH SEGAL'S BEST KNOWN WORKS, I MEAN COMPARED TO LOVE STORY, THE CLASS AND DOCTORS! I HAVE READ ALL OF ES'S BOOKS AND I AM COMPLETELY CRAZY ABOUT ACTS OF FAITH!

GOD, I REMEMBER CRYING SO MUCH WHEN TIM AND DEB HAVE TO GET SEPERATED AGAIN, AFTER THEY MEET IN ISRAEL........TIM'S CHARACTER IS VERY SIMILAR TO ANGAD IN A LOT OF WAYS!

GOSH, LOVE YOU NITS, FOR MAKING ME REMEMBER AOF ONCE MORE!

CHEERS,

CHILLY

Robz Groupbie
Robz
Robz

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 1:26am | IP Logged
SmileThanx nitica ! i love love stories(if they are good quality) but i doubt it ill find it here .......coz i dunno any good  shops as im in pak now.
Confused...........damn now im curious  u mind givin me an outline or summary about this.
chillyflakes Senior Member
chillyflakes
chillyflakes

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 1:49am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Robz

SmileThanx nitica ! i love love stories(if they are good quality) but i doubt it ill find it here .......coz i dunno any good  shops as im in pak now.
Confused...........damn now im curious  u mind givin me an outline or summary about this.

Hey Robz, a very short review of Acts of Faith, for you!

A wonderful book about three friends: Deborah and Daniel are a brother and sister of Jewish descent and Tim is an 'orphan with living parents' who grows up Irish-Catholic.
Deborah and Daniel's father is a prominent rabbi who assumes that his son will follow in his footsteps. Daniel breaks his father's heart when he decides not to become a rabbi and Deborah also breaks her father's heart when she decides to become one because it is expressly forbidden that a woman become a rabbi under Orthodox Judaism. Even more problems arise when Deborah and Tim, who is now working his way up the ladder of the Roman Catholic priesthood, fall in love.

Cheers,

Chilly

Robz Groupbie
Robz
Robz

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 1:57am | IP Logged
Thanx Chilly Cho chweeeeeeeet of u.i guess i have to dig up some good shops here now ............................................ConfusedI hope i do find somthin good.Or ill have ta wait 6 months till i go back afta my semesters ova. O God da pain in waiting..............LOL
Mysterygirl_me IF-Rockerz
Mysterygirl_me
Mysterygirl_me

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 2:40am | IP Logged
thankx nitica my vacations r starting and i was actually looking for good books specially luv stories and i hope i find the book real soon and robz there r many good bookshops in karachi n lahore and islamabad as well if ur living at these places or even near them u would most probably find this book and thankx a ton chilly for reviewing the book ur review makes me read it as soon as possible...!!!
sugar plum Goldie
sugar plum
sugar plum

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 6:41am | IP Logged
LOL
evil_eyes_ Groupbie
evil_eyes_
evil_eyes_

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 6:55am | IP Logged
i'll definately read this book..

Go to top