Princess Amrit: From Abuser to Victim

ZAHARA. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
     After watching today's episode I just felt like I had to create this topic. I couldn't bear to watch Amrit - and yes, Amrit being thrown about and beaten for a stupid mistake like accidently making Rudraksh drop his drink. I just thought what am I watching? How did Amrit turn from egotistical villain to a victim of abuse? And that's when I realised: Amrit Manthan.

What is the true meaning of Amrit Manthan?
In fact, what is Amrit Manthan even about?

Is it about Nimrit and Agam? Nimrit and Amrit's relationship? Not according to the title. It's actually about how Amrit changes, possibly from negative to positive. And yes, I've been reading and hearing how people are wondering when will Amrit ever change? When she gets defeated by Nimrit? NO. When Agam is returned to Nimrit? NO. She hadn't changed then, did she? No siree! So when will she change? 

In fact, this question - this Manthan - is something that can't happen with the click of a finger, or in a few episodes. Just imagine, a mass murderer who kills people without a second thought just turns into a saint the next day. Is that really possible? I don't think so. But you see, there needs to something behind that, that leads to their change, that leads to their Manthan. Something that changes their life, that opens their eyes. Say that murderer finds that their loved one has been killed, they'll realise just how their killings has affected others. Hence, a person can change. 

So how do you expect a sister who tries to kill another to change? You just cannot - and I stress that word so much! Guys, isn't this what the real Amrit Manthan is about? Something that happens to Amrit that changes her? That pulls her from her egotistical world to reality? If Amrit couldn't change when everything is gone from her, even when she is about to be imprisoned, how else do you expect her to change without an important catalyst? And that catalyst is Rudraksh. You know, today's episode was the first episode in which I had seen Rudraksh. I saw him consoling the woman and I thought yes, maybe he's a good character but then said something about wanting Nimrit that made me disgusted. But I wasn't as disgusted as I was when he beat Amrit. I just felt like I just couldn't watch it. Sure, Amrit possibly deserved it for everything that she had done, but seriously? Can't even a villain become a victim of any sort of abuse? 

What I'm trying to say is that I absolutely love the social issue that the creatives are dealing with and one that is extremely delicate. Domestic Abuse/Violence. How many cases have we heard when a woman is beaten up/tortured by their husband, partner, boyfriend? (I'm mentioning women but men can be victims of abuse as well). I can't bear to listen to those cases because they just disgust me at how badly women are treated. But yes, I love the way the creatives are going about with this track because it shows that Amrit needs to change, yes but something else will change her. THIS WILL. This is how the real Amrit Manthan will happen.

Today's episode was just so heart wrenching at how she is slapped and then beaten by a rope just because of a mistake? And the most upsetting scene? How Amrit had looked at herself in the mirror and then without speaking, without a second thought, hides her wounds using make up. I just thought there and then that no matter what Amrit did, this was just so sad to watch. And the extra detail on Yug's character: I thought at the beginning that he was more or less like a servant to Rudraksh but him listening to Amrit's screams and then going away because he seemed like he couldn't bear it. I seriously hope that Yug helps Amrit out (as well as Nimrit) because he knew Amrit more than he knew everyone else (Nimrit included), and it seems as if he too doesn't like what's happening to her. Kudos to the creatives and of course Adaa Khan for an exceptionally well performance! 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

adaarocks thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Well post ZAHARA...Agree with you fully...Now i think Amrit is in the verge of becoming the holy necter(pure amrit)
ZAHARA. thumbnail
Thank you! And yes, it seems like she's finally changing! (:
...Rishab... thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
nice post,zahara 👍🏼.i think Yug is gonna help Amrit.He seems to feel sorry for Amrit.
--Saina-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Agree Zahara !

Amrit never ever had guilt in her for trying to kill her sister. Where will the change come from if she is not even guilt of what she did?

I guess she will understand what pain means now as she herself is being a victim of abuse..

Is Rudraksh shown as a psycho or  a control freak? Just to beat her so much is heartwrenching to see however bad the person might be.

ZAHARA. thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Saina--

Agree Zahara !

Amrit never ever had guilt in her for trying to kill her sister. Where will the change come from if she is not even guilt of what she did?

I guess she will understand what pain means now as she herself is being a victim of abuse..

Is Rudraksh shown as a psycho or  a control freak? Just to beat her so much is heartwrenching to see however bad the person might be.

What is a psycho and what is a control freak? This can be different to people in ways, I suppose. I guess, Rudraksh is someone who wants control of everything that happens. It's like how he described his shoe, if it's faulty then he'll either fix or get rid. That is symbolical to Amrit. He wants to meld her to someone "perfect" for him, or get rid of. As he seems to be into her beauty and whatnot, maybe it's the former. Isn't that what most of domestic abuse women go under? 
Ahlem thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Nice post and I am totally agree with you...
and when I see The precap.I feel that yug do not like what happen..but he like Rudraksh and Agam fighting about Nimrit... because If Rudraksh kill Agam..yug can make something to Rudraksh and Yug marry Nimrit..
ZAHARA. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ahlem

Nice post and I am totally agree with you...
and when I see The precap.I feel that yug do not like what happen..but he like Rudraksh and Agam fighting about Nimrit... because If Rudraksh kill Agam..yug can make something to Rudraksh and Yug marry Nimrit..

Hm, I understand where you are coming from BUT I somehow don't think Yug will do something to Rudraksh. Considering the status of the two supposed brothers, Yug is more or less like a pawn to Rudraksh's King persona. Even if Agam does die, Yug cannot possibly be level on with Rudraksh. If anything, it will be Agam to combat Rudraksh, then maybe Yug/Agam duel. Either way, I don't think Yug will be looking to be with Nimrit in the future. I think it was more like an infatuation at that time because if he truly loved her then he wouldn't have waited to hear Rudraksh's words when he said something about Nimrit in front of Agam. 
Ahlem thumbnail
hhh..it is 2013 here...it is 00:02...when I am reading your topic ZAHARA.hhh..I take 1 year to read your topics ZAHARA..hh..lol..just jocking..😆
Edited by Ahlem - 11 years ago
Ahlem thumbnail

Originally posted by: ZAHARA.

Hm, I understand where you are coming from BUT I somehow don't think Yug will do something to Rudraksh. Considering the status of the two supposed brothers, Yug is more or less like a pawn to Rudraksh's King persona. Even if Agam does die, Yug cannot possibly be level on with Rudraksh. If anything, it will be Agam to combat Rudraksh, then maybe Yug/Agam duel. Either way, I don't think Yug will be looking to be with Nimrit in the future. I think it was more like an infatuation at that time because if he truly loved her then he wouldn't have waited to hear Rudraksh's words when he said something about Nimrit in front of Agam. 

Yes because I thought that yug act in front of Rudraksh to get his confident and then make what he like...that is why he did not make any think when Rugraksh's said something about Nimrit..and do think that yug and Agam will unite...