Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

ChaiBiskoot

IF-Sizzlerz

ChaiBiskoot

Posted: 31 December 2012 at 8:50am | IP Logged

"Jenna , u done packing everything?" . My mom questioned me from her room.

"Yes, Ma .. Im almost done with it", i replied loudly. I had a soft voice , thus , i had to nearly yell while speaking to people who stood a little farther away.

I neatly folded my quilt and placed it into my bag. It had been two years , since i was living  in  Kolkata. I was 14 when we shifted here. It never was an uneasy feeling for me, when we shifted to a new place. Over all this time, i had become used to it.

My father is a government officer. Well , my family that comprised of me ,mum and dad had to shift when the call came for a posting in a different city. I had travelled to a dozen cities , met a thousand people, learned a million things in life. In a few days , we would be stepping our feet in the city of Delhi.

I stepped outside my room, relieved after completing my packing. It was a good six hours before we had to head the station .

"Mum, il go meet my friends . will be back in an hour ", I informed her. My mom was the easiest person to talk to. An easy talker, who always knew to make other's smile. Since , we never lived in a city for more than 3 years, the only friend I could always hold onto was my mum. I never spoke much, but she always understood me and her reassuring smiles made my life so much easier.

"Alright , dear." , she replied smilingly and continued to pack another suitcase.

-------------------------

Clutching my navy blue sweater tightly against my skin, I stepped in the cold december evening. It was only 48 months since I knew the two girls I was about to meet. But the way they had become two of my best friends was something I would cherish always.

I stepped inside the park. Our meeting place was a coffee shop, and the walk through the park was a mere shortcut. I had great memories of this place. I, Ashfi, Sanchari , three very  different girls , but we always got along so well , that at times people mistook us for real sisters.

We had the craziest of talks in this place. It was like I could speak the mysteries of my mind to only them. Novels, music ,studies ,boys, bands, random stuff ..  the list was long. I told them all of my past stories and they listened to every word so intently as if it was coming from a philosopher. And then they told me how they had been the best of friends since they were four.

There was but one thing I hadn't told them . I shook my head , trying to brush away the emotions that had started to creep in my mind.

I tugged to my sweater more tightly. The cold wind zipped past my soft curls and I continued to take my steps forward.

Just then , I heard a familiar sound nearby. A sound I knew to well to be decieved.  I flipped my head in the direction of the husky tone. I quickly turned away, as my heart pounded loudly.

No , this was not happening. Why did I have to take this route. Didn't I have enough time to take the longer one. So what? He hasn't seen me. I can swiftly get out of here.

I couldn't understand a single thought running in my head. The cold atmosphere made it harder to quicken my steps. I tripped on a brick and an involuntary 'Ow ' escaped my lips.

I could see a few heads turn in my direction. I sat down in a weird manner, rubbing my finger over the my reddened toe. Lifting my head, I saw faces peering at me.

Oh hell no.

"Jenna, oh my god, are u okay?" . He bent down next to me, examining my face. The rest of the faces dispersed in their ways.

He looked me straight in the eye and repeated a similar question. "U doin fine? Here", He offered his hand and I took it gently. A touch.

'This isn't happening '. The voice in my head yelled loudly. I hit back to reality soon though.

"Im fine , thanks" , I uttered softly, trying to hide the reddening of cheeks. The pain suddenly seemed to lessen . I knew the obvious reason.

Why in the world our cheeks had to turn red . A god's will. Simple as it was . I gave up thinking .

"Jenna , why didn't u tell me about it?" , he questioned.

"Tell u what?", I asked him ,confused.

"That you are leaving today for delhi". His tone was a mixture of disappointment. Atleast that's how it sounded to me. "And ' never coming back ". He finally finished .

I gulped hard, pondering over the question. It had been a week since christmas vacations had started. I had'nt told everyone about her leaving kolkata except a few. The last person I could bring myself to inform was him. It was hard.

"Umm.. I assumed u might have gotten to u know..know" . I heaved a sigh with that reply. It had managed to come out whole.

"No I didn't . I was speaking to Yana a while back. She mentioned it then. ".

He sounded a lttle hurt. I  had spoken to him quite a few times. A few talks, and it was enough to know he had a beautiful heart. and an equally charming face.  And somewhere down , I knew I loved him.

"I am sorry" I mumbled, shifting uncomfortably in my position.

" That's okay. I was hoping to see u at the new year party . But then-" , he trailed off.

Ofcourse I knew about the party. I didn't really wanted to go in it. And then the train tickets were booked for today. Thankfully. Wait.. what did he just say ..'I was hoping to see u..' lingered in her mind.

"Ash and Sancho are waiting for me , I should probably get going. Last time with them. "  I don't know why I diverted the conversation. There was still time before i met them There was still time before we could say goodbye. But me, being me wanted to run away.

"oh .." . He stepped closer and whispered ever so sweetly,

"Happy new year. Hope the new place meets u well" .  He smiled . What kind of smile was that. It seemed a genuine one and the next second a disappointed one.. as if he wasn't happy. Wait..it could be a casual one.

What in the world was wrong with me. Here I was deciphering the smile of the boy I loved so much. Did he too lov-?

"Wish u the same, and hope for the best. I love this city. Hopefully , I can come back here again" .My lips quivered sharply. I wanted to blame the cold, but the other reason suited better.

"Bye ". I waved him and  started to retreat my steps. He repeated the same and it sounded melancholy than ever to me.

When I had turned my back to him, the tears fell. They burned against my pink cheeks but I wasnt going to stop them. "I love u " were the words that found their way out of my lips . If only I could have told them to him..

Another ten minutes had passed by before I met the two angels of my life. They greeted me with a warm hug .

"Hey u already crying?" . Sancho asked me innocently.

"Yeah, too many memories ". I stammered, while they  smiled and hugged me again.

"Lets  settle down for the last coffee.. another in our  memory list  Jenna". Ashfi added.

I could hear the train bell ringing in my ear.

Edited by Purple_Lady - 31 December 2012 at 9:36am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

..KaJenDelena..KwitKattsbanditqueenn.had2bu.Melody.SanskritiS.hea.drfizaahmed

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "OS: A Dotted Line" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.hea.

IF-Sizzlerz

.hea.

Posted: 31 December 2012 at 9:06am | IP Logged

You didn't tell me you LOVE someone? How fair is that? *sniff sniff*

OMG Purple <333 How beautiful was it? How you been to Kolkata .. or wait! Is it the fabulous writer in you who writes SO LESS Ouch

I could practically  feel the shiver like Jenna did .. and the last time .. DAMN! It was so lovely! It's so hard na.. to leave the ones whom we can't leave without it? 

That was amazing my purple lady Hug Just like you, just perrfect <33 Tongue

Edited by themockingblue. - 31 December 2012 at 9:12am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ChaiBiskoot

ChaiBiskoot

IF-Sizzlerz

ChaiBiskoot

Posted: 31 December 2012 at 9:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by themockingblue.

OMG Purple <333 How beautiful was it? How you been to Kolkata .. or wait! Is it the fabulous writer in you who writes SO LESS Ouch

I could practically  feel the shiver like Jenna did .. and the last time .. DAMN! It was so lovely! It's so hard na.. to leave the ones whom we can't leave without it? 

oh missy.. what was d first line about it ! LOL pure imagination Wink !!

i want to visit kolkata.. u know y Hug  want some beautiful memories .. twixy will have to be imported though LOL

i dunno.. the thought was gnawing me so i wrote it Tongue kuch khaas nahi hai.. i know that! 

thanks for the encouragement u always give me .. Hug  

Edited by Purple_Lady - 01 January 2013 at 12:49am

.hea.

.hea.

IF-Sizzlerz

.hea.

Posted: 31 December 2012 at 10:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Purple_Lady

Originally posted by themockingblue.

oh missy.. what was d first line about it ! LOL pure imagination Wink !!

i want to visit kolkata.. u know y Hug  want some beautiful memories .. twixy will have to be imported though LOL

i dunno.. the thought was gnawaing me so i wrote it Tongue kuch khaas nahi hai.. i know that! 

thanks for the encouragement u always give me .. Hug  

Naye saal ki shuruwat jhoot sa na kar .. Tongue

You know it's awesome because you have an earthy feel to your writing and of course I envy your imagination .. ;)

Yes? Not only Twix, EVERYONE else .. and we'll make our way straight to Alipur Zoo I swear ROFLROFL

ChaiBiskoot

5secsofsummer.

IF-Sizzlerz

5secsofsummer.

Posted: 31 December 2012 at 11:29am | IP Logged
Hayye purple, don't ask me how I rushed to get to the Ashfi bit xD and then read it again xD

What a beautiful one shot purple. I hate the fact that you bug me to write whereas you're such a talented and gifted writer yourself WHO ONLY WRITES WHEN I CONSTANTLY RIP HER APART TO WRITE SOMETHING! Yes, *phew* done with the rambling. -_-

Yaay, I got my name on this beautiful piece :') AND I WAS SUPPOSED TO KNOW YOUR SO CALLED BHALOBASHA... I mean love! :D

Lamba comment chahiye tha na? Yeh lo :P
I lub you aur agar tu yeh post nai karti toh shayad you would've died by my hands! Jen is such a pretty character and I am such a pretty character yaha :O so not me, you know the moodswing wali ladki who loves nothing but zayn n sarcasm >.<

Oh yeah, Happy New Year!! Couldn't have a better way to start this year than to read your OS! :D

ChaiBiskoot

ChaiBiskoot

IF-Sizzlerz

ChaiBiskoot

Posted: 01 January 2013 at 6:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by paintthetown

Hayye purple, don't ask me how I rushed to get to the Ashfi bit xD and then read it again xD

What a beautiful one shot purple. I hate the fact that you bug me to write whereas you're such a talented and gifted writer yourself WHO ONLY WRITES WHEN I CONSTANTLY RIP HER APART TO WRITE SOMETHING! Yes, *phew* done with the rambling. -_-

Yaay, I got my name on this beautiful piece :') AND I WAS SUPPOSED TO KNOW YOUR SO CALLED BHALOBASHA... I mean love! :D

Lamba comment chahiye tha na? Yeh lo :P
I lub you aur agar tu yeh post nai karti toh shayad you would've died by my hands! Jen is such a pretty character and I am such a pretty character yaha :O so not me, you know the moodswing wali ladki who loves nothing but zayn n sarcasm >.<

Oh yeah, Happy New Year!! Couldn't have a better way to start this year than to read your OS! :D

such a long one Shocked i love how u stay true to ur words Big smile

umm.. yea.. without d pestering i dont think i wud have written.. i remember u tellin me dat a few days back!! thanks for that Hug

kahan ka love? LOL  i wish i cud have written more on you two.. but ended up givin footage to jenna !! :P 

il always be a fan of ur works.. and woman ur writings r my inspiration .. ! thanks a lot for readin and lovin it ! makes everthing worth Embarrassed

banditqueenn.

IF-Rockerz

banditqueenn.

Posted: 01 January 2013 at 9:39am | IP Logged
That was beautiful,indeed Embarrassed Such a prolific writer you are Big smile I haven't written anything,except some torn sheets of rotten crap, cheesy Shayaris and random prologues jo uske aage badhte nee Stern Smile ROFL *Self-insult* Chaddho LOL Toh this one is hugely inspiring Approve 

Jenna,in here,happens to be one of the most simple woman who falls in love;probably love at first sight.She loves her man unconditionally but can't dare enough to say ily,jo hum har rooz ek dusre ko kehte hain LOL jaise peanuts bech rahe hoon ROFL Nevertheless,she manages a self realization. Isn't that too beautiful in itself ? EmbarrassedSketching a character through your imagination is not hard,but to let the character captivate the mind of a reader and make the reader flow in the direction of  anxiety is all that it takes to make a writing HIT Approve and you my lass were undoubtedly successful Hug

P.S.-In-case,my BIWI loves someone or is attracted to him,in either of the case I get a PM;ASAP Approve 

Edited by banditqueenn. - 01 January 2013 at 10:09am

ChaiBiskoot

.Melody.

IF-Rockerz

.Melody.

Posted: 01 January 2013 at 10:50am | IP Logged
Wow it was perfect os with all emotions:) very well written:)

ChaiBiskoot

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.