Mythological Masti

Star Plus' Mahabharat Appreciation/Discussion Thread #1 (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 27

RJ1234

Goldie

RJ1234

Posted: 26 February 2013 at 10:13pm | IP Logged
It would be great if we are able to watch a new "Mahabharata". I hope it starts soon!!!! I know that BRC's "Mahabharata" was a legend, and nothing can replace it, but let's see if the new one offers us something especial.

RJ

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jklpRadhikerani

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Star Plus' Mahabharat Appreciation/Discussion Thread #1 (Page 5)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 10 March 2013 at 8:08am | IP Logged
RJ

Let's avoid discussing BRC here, since it was corrupted beyond belief.  I do hope that a new serial, if they launch it, is more true to the orignal, well planned, doesn't project the political beliefs of its producers on the characters, and either covers the entire story - Bheeshma's birth to Yudhisthir's swargarohan yatra, or a pre-defined subset, like ending w/ Yudhisthir's Rajasuya Yagna

Actually, thinking about it some more, this looks like a good candidate for a seasons serial.  Let's say season 1 covers the birth of Bheeshma, and ends w/ the coronation of Pandu.  It would show the birth of Bheeshma, his vow, his abduction of Amba & her sisters, his battle w/ Parashurama, Vichitravirya's death, Pandu growing up and inheriting the throne.

Season 2 could cover the marriages of Pandu & Dhritarashtra (and the birth of Karna), birth of the Pandavas, and end w/ the archery contest and Yudhisthir being made the yuvraj of Hastinapur.  Let them decide whether they also want to cover the birth of Krishna, his childhood and his wars against Jarasandha, and marriages to Rukmini, Jambavati & Satyabhama - which ain't technically a part of the Mahabharat, but they can choose it as a parallel track before they merge the story of the Kurus w/ that of Krishna.

Season 3 would be where Krishna & the Pandavas come together - they could start w/ the Lakshagriha, as well as on Krishna's end, start w/ Krishna visiting Hastinapur during their absence and then returning, and make that season the one about the marriage to Draupadi, the foundation of Indraprastha, Arjun & Krishna's adventures together, the Rajasuya yagna and the conquests by the Pandavas of various kingdoms, and end that season w/ the killing of Sishupala.  On Krishna's end, show his marriages to his other 5 wives (some where Arjun helped him), his war w/ Narakasura, Paundrak and others, the birth of Pradhyumna, Subhadra's marriage and so on.  In short, paint a complete picture.  This would also be the season where the actors who play the lead characters would be frozen long term.

Season 4 could start w/ the game of dice and cover the Pandava exile.  It could end w/ the marriage of Abhimanyu & Uttara - where Virat Parva ends.

Season 5 could be the last - cover the war, the aftermath, the Ashwamedha yagna, the ends of Dhritarashtra & Gandhari, the destruction of the Yadavas and the retirement of the Pandavas.  I do hope this serial shows what few others ever have - the Yadava fratricide that included the death of Krishna, the exodus of the Yadavas led by Arjun from Dwarka to Indraprastha, Arjun's defeat at the hand of bandits, the coronations of Vajra & Parikshit, and the swargarohan yatra of the Pandavas & Draupadi.

Something like this would be far more satisfying, w/o taxing the resources of the PH or keeping the actors on the hinge, while doing full justice to the story.  Plus each season would have a fitting finale, and viewers can decide whether to continue watching.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

turnonthelightsRJ1234varaaliRadhikerani

Patrarekha

IF-Sizzlerz

Patrarekha

Posted: 11 March 2013 at 12:04am | IP Logged
kab ayega mahabharat..am waiting

RJ1234

Goldie

RJ1234

Posted: 04 April 2013 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

RJ

Let's avoid discussing BRC here, since it was corrupted beyond belief.  I do hope that a new serial, if they launch it, is more true to the orignal, well planned, doesn't project the political beliefs of its producers on the characters, and either covers the entire story - Bheeshma's birth to Yudhisthir's swargarohan yatra, or a pre-defined subset, like ending w/ Yudhisthir's Rajasuya Yagna

Actually, thinking about it some more, this looks like a good candidate for a seasons serial.  Let's say season 1 covers the birth of Bheeshma, and ends w/ the coronation of Pandu.  It would show the birth of Bheeshma, his vow, his abduction of Amba & her sisters, his battle w/ Parashurama, Vichitravirya's death, Pandu growing up and inheriting the throne.

Season 2 could cover the marriages of Pandu & Dhritarashtra (and the birth of Karna), birth of the Pandavas, and end w/ the archery contest and Yudhisthir being made the yuvraj of Hastinapur.  Let them decide whether they also want to cover the birth of Krishna, his childhood and his wars against Jarasandha, and marriages to Rukmini, Jambavati & Satyabhama - which ain't technically a part of the Mahabharat, but they can choose it as a parallel track before they merge the story of the Kurus w/ that of Krishna.

Season 3 would be where Krishna & the Pandavas come together - they could start w/ the Lakshagriha, as well as on Krishna's end, start w/ Krishna visiting Hastinapur during their absence and then returning, and make that season the one about the marriage to Draupadi, the foundation of Indraprastha, Arjun & Krishna's adventures together, the Rajasuya yagna and the conquests by the Pandavas of various kingdoms, and end that season w/ the killing of Sishupala.  On Krishna's end, show his marriages to his other 5 wives (some where Arjun helped him), his war w/ Narakasura, Paundrak and others, the birth of Pradhyumna, Subhadra's marriage and so on.  In short, paint a complete picture.  This would also be the season where the actors who play the lead characters would be frozen long term.

Season 4 could start w/ the game of dice and cover the Pandava exile.  It could end w/ the marriage of Abhimanyu & Uttara - where Virat Parva ends.

Season 5 could be the last - cover the war, the aftermath, the Ashwamedha yagna, the ends of Dhritarashtra & Gandhari, the destruction of the Yadavas and the retirement of the Pandavas.  I do hope this serial shows what few others ever have - the Yadava fratricide that included the death of Krishna, the exodus of the Yadavas led by Arjun from Dwarka to Indraprastha, Arjun's defeat at the hand of bandits, the coronations of Vajra & Parikshit, and the swargarohan yatra of the Pandavas & Draupadi.

Something like this would be far more satisfying, w/o taxing the resources of the PH or keeping the actors on the hinge, while doing full justice to the story.  Plus each season would have a fitting finale, and viewers can decide whether to continue watching.

@Vrish: Wow!!!! I wish if this new Mahabharata could be directed by you...:) You have put so nicely that I feel like I am actually watching it!!!! Let's hope that whatever you have mentioned, they would have it in the show.

RJ

Debipriya.Vrish.

aalochak

aalochak

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:51am | IP Logged
Saurabh Raj Jain

Swastik Productions' magnum opus Mahabharat that is to air on Star Plus, has finally found its Krishna in the very talented Saurabh Raj Jain.

The actor is currently part of Life OK's Mahadev.

We also hear that Saurabh will be a part of both the shows.

In fact, Saurabh's entry in Mahabharat will be seen from the first episode as he will narrate the story to the audiences.

Though the actor has shot for the promo, he will begin shooting for the show from 10 April 2013.

When asked, Saurabh refused to comment.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaRJ1234Radhikerani.Vrish.Vishakha_Sakhi

aalochak

aalochak

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:55am | IP Logged

Mahabharat gets Shantanu in Sameer Dharmadhikari

(Sameer Dharmadhikari )

Much has been said and written about Siddharth Tewary's Swastik Productions big ticket show Mahabharat. The show is in making since past few years and finally the show is expected to see the day light soon post IPL.

Many known names like Shaheer Sheikh,PallaviSubhash, SayantaniGhosh poured out in the media to play pivotal characters in this epic saga. However, the latest to join the bandwagon is handsome and suave Sameer Dharmadhikari.

Sameer Dharmadhikari will essay the character of Shantanu, king of Hastanapur. Shantanu is the one who sees a beautiful lady on the bank of Ganga and proposes her for marriage. To add on, the role of the beautiful lady (Ganga) will be played by Vivana Singh. Later on as the story proceeds and with the Ganga's exit, Shantanu eventually gets married to Satyavati, role played by Sayantani Ghosh. Sameer's character will be a cameo.

"I will kick start the show and will make an exit as soon as the show built its drama," shares Sameer.

Edited by aalochak - 07 April 2013 at 2:31am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

xoxoPicture-PerfectRadhikerani.Vrish.Vishakha_Sakhi

aalochak

aalochak

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:58am | IP Logged

Sayantani to play Satyawati in Mahabharat

Sayantani Ghosh

RELATED

Television actress Sayantani Ghosh has been finalized to play Satyawati in Swastik productions Mahabharat, which will soon air on Star Plus. 

In BR Chopra's hugely popular Mahabharat, which used to air on Doordarshan, Deboshree Roy played Satyawati. "Yes, I am playing an important character in the show. I can just say the show will open with me. It is a cameo. The show will run for just six months, so the format is such that everybody has small roles. Even the pandavas come much later in the show," she said.

Sources said the shoot for the show has already begun and it will go on air sometime in May. "Yes, Sayantani is playing Satyawati. But I am yet to finalize Draupadi," said producer Siddharth Kumar Tewary.

Edited by aalochak - 07 April 2013 at 2:39am

RadhikeraniVishakha_Sakhi

Patrarekha

IF-Sizzlerz

Patrarekha

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 12:59am | IP Logged
i ant Ganga of DKDM to play Ganga here
but i can't wait for my most Fav mythological character ever Karan
who is playing Karan??

Edited by Kadamvari - 07 April 2013 at 1:03am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post: