Mythological Masti

Star Plus' Mahabharat Appreciation/Discussion Thread #1 (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 27

Page 1
Page   of 27
Page 3 Page 27

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 31 December 2012 at 6:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by visrom

Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

I am only hopeful because this show is not going to be made by the Sagars. To be honest, I have lost faith in the Sagars for making Krishna-based shows, because they really don't know Lord Krishna at all (as evidenced by what they have attempted already). This Mahabharat will be attempted by someone different, like Nikhil Sinha with Dkdm, so hopefully this version of the Mahabharat will at least be 75-80% accurate.

I do agree that some new territories should be explored, but the new generation doesn't have a good Krishna-based/Mahabharat show so I'm hopeful for this version.Smile

I am sort of surprised at this...haven't the Sagars made the original Shri Krishna? what makes you say this?

Actually Shri Krishna was originally not shown on TV and when they showed I was not in a position to watch it, thanks to board exams and stuff. I have seen bits and pieces of it, but never got a chance to sit and enjoy each and every episode like BRC Mahabharat or RS Ramayan. I was never motivated to buy the DVDs too.

Can you tell me why you feel they don't know Krishna?

I am talking about the new generation Sagars who made Jai Shri Krishna and Dwarkadheesh.Smile Both shows were faulty in some way and had a lot of fiction too. I have watched Ramanand Sagar's Shri Krishna and love it as much as I love his Ramayan, but his sons have not done justice to the God Shri Krishna so that's why I believe the Sagars (new generation) don't know Lord Krishna's story as well as their father.Smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyajklpRadhikeranivisromVishakha_Sakhi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Star Plus' Mahabharat Appreciation/Discussion Thread #1 (Page 2)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jklp

Goldie

jklp

Posted: 31 December 2012 at 6:47am | IP Logged

Originally posted by visrom

I am only hopeful because this show is not going to be made by the Sagars. To be honest, I have lost faith in the Sagars for making Krishna-based shows, because they really don't know Lord Krishna at all (as evidenced by what they have attempted already). This Mahabharat will be attempted by someone different, like Nikhil Sinha with Dkdm, so hopefully this version of the Mahabharat will at least be 75-80% accurate.

I do agree that some new territories should be explored, but the new generation doesn't have a good Krishna-based/Mahabharat show so I'm hopeful for this version.Smile

I am sort of surprised at this...haven't the Sagars made the original Shri Krishna? what makes you say this?

Actually Shri Krishna was originally not shown on TV and when they showed I was not in a position to watch it, thanks to board exams and stuff. I have seen bits and pieces of it, but never got a chance to sit and enjoy each and every episode like BRC Mahabharat or RS Ramayan. I was never motivated to buy the DVDs too.

Can you tell me why you feel they don't know Krishna?

I am talking about the new generation Sagars who made Jai Shri Krishna and Dwarkadheesh.Smile Both shows were faulty in some way and had a lot of fiction too. I have watched Ramanand Sagar's Shri Krishna and love it as much as I love his Ramayan, but his sons have not done justice to the God Shri Krishna so that's why I believe the Sagars (new generation) don't know Lord Krishna's story as well as their father.Smile

I also fully agree with Janaki dear. New generations of Sagars have not been able to sustain the glory of making series on Prabhu Shri Krishna. RSK is absolutely perfect. Watching RSK is like reading Shrimad Bhagavatam itself . Wonderful presentation with a very efficient cast. Its very difficult for me to describe the beauty of RSK in words. Neither JSK nor DBSK can match RSK. I agree JSK & DBSK have their own charm. I liked Dhriti Jha as Little Shri Krishna. DBSK is also good, but lots of fiction in it which Janaki has already said. Hare Krishna Hare Rama.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaRJ1234RadhikeraniVishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

jklp

Goldie

jklp

Posted: 31 December 2012 at 6:51am | IP Logged
I'm also looking forward to this Mahabharat. This project was earlier scrapped & was supposed to be telecast on Star Plus. CryI   like Shri Mahabharata a lot apart from loving & respecting Shri Ramayanam. SmileHope, this new producer will be able to maintain the glory of  BRC Mahabharata . BRC Mahabharata is a classic & massive hit & is still viewed by millions with lots of respect & love.SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaRJ1234RadhikeranivisromVishakha_SakhiThe.Lannister..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 31 December 2012 at 6:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jklp

I also fully agree with Janaki dear. New generations of Sagars have not been able to sustain the glory of making series on Prabhu Shri Krishna. RSK is absolutely perfect. Watching RSK is like reading Shrimad Bhagavatam itself . Wonderful presentation with a very efficient cast. Its very difficult for me to describe the beauty of RSK in words. Neither JSK nor DBSK can match RSK. I agree JSK & DBSK have their own charm. I liked Dhriti Jha as Little Shri Krishna. DBSK is also good, but lots of fiction in it which Janaki has already said. Hare Krishna Hare Rama.

Yes, they both have their charm but haven't done full justice to Lord Krishna's tale. JSK is better than DBSK because when it entered the teen Krishna's phase, the story was more accurate, but DBSK was 80% fiction and 20% fact, so I lost my respect for it midway.

This new show, I hope, focuses on the Mahabharat stories more than Lord Krishna's home life, because Ramanand Sagar's Shri Krishna already showed that well, plus DBSK also covered that (though not so well, lol). No new generation mytho has shown a good adaptation of the Pandavas' story (take for example Ekta's Mahabharat), so this Mahabharat show is actually quite necessary. I really hope it does well and shows the right story.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

jklpRadhikeraniVishakha_Sakhi

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 01 January 2013 at 12:52am | IP Logged

OK...Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

RadhikeraniVishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

-Gitanjali-

Coolbie

-Gitanjali-

Posted: 04 January 2013 at 5:41pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing hanaki

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

SahasranamaM

Groupbie

SahasranamaM

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 7:33am | IP Logged
Thanks for the info Janaki..!Clap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 4:40pm | IP Logged
Does anyone have any idea when this Mahabharat will air? Are any promos out?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top