Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jklp thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I'm also looking forward to this Mahabharat. This project was earlier scrapped & was supposed to be telecast on Star Plus. 😭I   like Shri Mahabharata a lot apart from loving & respecting Shri Ramayanam. 😊Hope, this new producer will be able to maintain the glory of  BRC Mahabharata . BRC Mahabharata is a classic & massive hit & is still viewed by millions with lots of respect & love.😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: jklp

I also fully agree with Janaki dear. New generations of Sagars have not been able to sustain the glory of making series on Prabhu Shri Krishna. RSK is absolutely perfect. Watching RSK is like reading Shrimad Bhagavatam itself . Wonderful presentation with a very efficient cast. Its very difficult for me to describe the beauty of RSK in words. Neither JSK nor DBSK can match RSK. I agree JSK & DBSK have their own charm. I liked Dhriti Jha as Little Shri Krishna. DBSK is also good, but lots of fiction in it which Janaki has already said. Hare Krishna Hare Rama.

Yes, they both have their charm but haven't done full justice to Lord Krishna's tale. JSK is better than DBSK because when it entered the teen Krishna's phase, the story was more accurate, but DBSK was 80% fiction and 20% fact, so I lost my respect for it midway.

This new show, I hope, focuses on the Mahabharat stories more than Lord Krishna's home life, because Ramanand Sagar's Shri Krishna already showed that well, plus DBSK also covered that (though not so well, lol). No new generation mytho has shown a good adaptation of the Pandavas' story (take for example Ekta's Mahabharat), so this Mahabharat show is actually quite necessary. I really hope it does well and shows the right story.
visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

I am talking about the new generation Sagars who made Jai Shri Krishna and Dwarkadheesh.😊 Both shows were faulty in some way and had a lot of fiction too. I have watched Ramanand Sagar's Shri Krishna and love it as much as I love his Ramayan, but his sons have not done justice to the God Shri Krishna so that's why I believe the Sagars (new generation) don't know Lord Krishna's story as well as their father.😊

OK...😊
SahasranamaM thumbnail
Thanks for the info Janaki..!👏
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Does anyone have any idea when this Mahabharat will air? Are any promos out?
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Sorry to offend fans of that show, but BRC's Mahabharata was absolutely third rate, or at best, second rate, given the liberties they took w/ that story.  One might as well watch Peter Brookes'.

Also, I agree w/ Janaki that the Sagars - all of them - are clueless about Mahabharata/Krishna.  Even Ramanand Sagar's Shri Krishna went its own merry ways w/ invented stories, like that of Vajranaam.  Also, the killing of Shishupala took place shortly before the game of dice - in fact, it was the latter that shortly followed the former - but they put a whole lot of fluff in between.  And Pradhyumna - they just made that story so convoluted.  And the Mahabharata part of it was just about the Pandavas and Karna, like there were no other warriors in that war.  Also, after the Ashwamedha yagna, Krishna left the Pandavas for good, and was not there to console them after the deaths of Kunti, Gandhari & Dhritarashtra, as they showed.

I'd love for there to be a fused serial of Mahabharata & Krishna - put it under any title.  I'd like them to take Mahabharata accounts where possible, since they cover things better than SB, and only use SB when Mahabharata accounts don't exist.  Have parallel tracks b/w Hastinapur & Mathura, or Indraprastha/Hastinapur & Dwaraka, and show Krishna's (and family) adventures in tandem w/ that of the Pandavas & Kauravas.  Include 'fuse points' such as Rukmini and other queens helping Subhadra raise Abhimanyu & Draupadi's sons, have Satyabhama meet Draupadi, as in the Mahabharata, show Yudhisthir's meeting w/ Nahusha, show Samba abducting Lakshmanaa and so on.  In all, make this a complete serial, but one that makes sense.  Oh, and if possible, skip the Krishna/Radha stories from this one.

On the serial itself, I'm not liking the cast.  Debina Chatterjee looks too young to be a Draupadi, who would have to age over the serial from someone in say her 30s to an aged woman when she dies.  But I'd like to see Vishal Karwal back as Krishna, and maybe even the DBSK's Balaram, Yudhisthir, Bhima, Jambavati and Sudama return in those roles (if they include Krishna's full story as well)
Edited by .Vrish. - 11 years ago
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Will it not be a double scoop for Debina ? First as Sita in the ASR Ramayan and now as Draupadi. Won't it be a bit confusing for the viewers?

I have always felt Mahabharata as the easiest epic to be made into a telly serial simple because there's just one source and that is Vyasa's . Unlike mythos on Shiva or Devi- where the serial makers have to fuse several, sometimes even conflicting versions. Even in case of Ramayana producers / directors get tempted to make a khichidi of  Valmiki, Tulsidas, Adhyatma and so on...

It should not be too difficult for the new serial to stick to the original MB. But one thing I have wondered - how should Draupadi be portrayed? The BRC one (Rupa Ganguli) came across as being too vindictive and at times even rude which kind of didn't appeal to me too much.

Secondly- another pint where the new serial can notch up a few points is the language used in the dialogues, especially while addressing relatives. There were no "Mama", "Bhanjay", "Didi", "Bua" in those days. I remember an atrocious "Foofhashree" in the BRC one. Maybe the dialogue writers feel they can get away by adding a "shree' as a suffix .I would prefer if the sanskrit  terms were used.

Let's see how this serial does.

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Varaali

The Debinas are different - in fact, this one is Deblina, not Debina.  Sita was Debina Bonnerjea, who's now Gurmeet's wife.  This Debina who may play Sita is one Deblina Chatterjee.  Check out her profile here

Also, there isn't exactly one source, since SB is also a potential source, which conflicts w/ the Mahabharata in places, particularly the part about the Yadava fratricide, which no serial seems to have the balls to show.  But the question then arises - at what point does one end it?  I thought the BRC's death of Bheeshma was a ridiculous place to end.  If they don't want to show the tragic endings, a good place could be the end of the Ashwamedha yagna, when Krishna ends it and returns to Dwarka.

However, the biggest problem about doing a serial on Mahabharata that does justice to the story would be the duration.  One would have to start w/ Bheeshma's birth, and end w/ the Swargarohan episode of Yudhisthir.  There are so many stories in b/w (even if one drops narrated stories, such as Nala-Damayanti, Nahusha-Sachi and so on) that even this was a 7-day a week serial (which it can't be, since actors don't have that endurance) it would take something like 3 years.

I think that doing a fused Mahabharata-Krishna story, and pacing it and spreading it out so that all actors get breaks would be a good way to do it, while doing justice to the whole story.  But how much is Star Plus willing to put into this?
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Varaali, Sita of AS Ramayan was Debina Choudhary (nee Bonnerjee), while Draupadi of Mahabharat will be Deblina Chatterjee. The names are similar but not exact.😳
jklp thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Sorry to offend fans of that show, but BRC's Mahabharata was absolutely third rate, or at best, second rate, given the liberties they took w/ that story.  One might as well watch Peter Brookes'.

Also, I agree w/ Janaki that the Sagars - all of them - are clueless about Mahabharata/Krishna.  Even Ramanand Sagar's Shri Krishna went its own merry ways w/ invented stories, like that of Vajranaam.  Also, the killing of Shishupala took place shortly before the game of dice - in fact, it was the latter that shortly followed the former - but they put a whole lot of fluff in between.  And Pradhyumna - they just made that story so convoluted.  And the Mahabharata part of it was just about the Pandavas and Karna, like there were no other warriors in that war.  Also, after the Ashwamedha yagna, Krishna left the Pandavas for good, and was not there to console them after the deaths of Kunti, Gandhari & Dhritarashtra, as they showed.

I'd love for there to be a fused serial of Mahabharata & Krishna - put it under any title.  I'd like them to take Mahabharata accounts where possible, since they cover things better than SB, and only use SB when Mahabharata accounts don't exist.  Have parallel tracks b/w Hastinapur & Mathura, or Indraprastha/Hastinapur & Dwaraka, and show Krishna's (and family) adventures in tandem w/ that of the Pandavas & Kauravas.  Include 'fuse points' such as Rukmini and other queens helping Subhadra raise Abhimanyu & Draupadi's sons, have Satyabhama meet Draupadi, as in the Mahabharata, show Yudhisthir's meeting w/ Nahusha, show Samba abducting Lakshmanaa and so on.  In all, make this a complete serial, but one that makes sense.  Oh, and if possible, skip the Krishna/Radha stories from this one.

On the serial itself, I'm not liking the cast.  Debina Chatterjee looks too young to be a Draupadi, who would have to age over the serial from someone in say her 30s to an aged woman when she dies.  But I'd like to see Vishal Karwal back as Krishna, and maybe even the DBSK's Balaram, Yudhisthir, Bhima, Jambavati and Sudama return in those roles (if they include Krishna's full story as well)

So harsh of  you. 😡 BRC Mahabharata was a very hit show & so is Dr Ramanand Sagar's Shri Krishna. The two shows are still being shown on Tv several times. Both the shows are massive hits. Vishal is never suitable in the role of Prabhu Shri Krishna in front of  Sarvadaman Ji from RS Shri Krishna & Nitish Bharadwaj Ji from BRC mahabharata & lots of fiction shown in DBSK as Janaki sister has already highlighted. Both Sarvadaman Ji & Nitish Ji were perfect for the role of the supreme Godhead.  I'm sorry to say that Vishal & DBSK are like an odd man out in front of Sarvadaman ji & Nitish Ji & BRC & RSK respectively. 😡
😡 Edited by jklp - 11 years ago