FEVICOL SE IN LEGAL TROUBLE!!-MISOGYNISTIC BOLLYWO - Page 4

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by Nkapoor3

it is true! Entertainment always affects the audience, if Bollywood has the ability to change people's lives in a positive way it can also do the opposite! many people get inspired by bolly movies
But Bollywood doesn't have the ability to change peoples minds, if that was the case you'll see India/Pak as one, you won't see corruption in India (Nayak), people won't kick their parents out of the house (Munnabhai -Bhagban), students wouldn't be rushing to other countries for job opportunities (3I somewhat).

Reality is life shouldn't be modeled after Bollywood.
I don't think Ishq Shava was appealing to the type of tapori low-class audience the same way as Munni Badnaam Hui and Fevicol Se.
Originally posted by Yankees

But Bollywood doesn't have the ability to change peoples minds, if that was the case you'll see India/Pak as one, you won't see corruption in India (Nayak), people won't kick their parents out of the house (Munnabhai -Bhagban), students wouldn't be rushing to other countries for job opportunities (3I somewhat).

Reality is life shouldn't be modeled after Bollywood.

Reality also is that entertainment does affect the mind sets of people subconsciously
I personally wouldn't hold media/films responsible for my actions. You have to filter out the negatives and absorb tech positives. Shit happens around you all the time, doesn't mean you let it influence you, one should take control.

I personally wouldn't hold media/films responsible for my actions. You have to filter out the negatives and absorb tech positives. Shit happens around you all the time, doesn't mean you let it influence you, one should take control.
I would not blame Bollywood but they should be more responsible as to what are they selling in the name of entertainment

Reality also is that entertainment does affect the mind sets of people subconsciously

I think you should give a concrete reason that how it does?
Originally posted by vedant123

I think you should give a concrete reason that how it does?
ok so many people join the army after watching movies like Lakshya! So many housewives got inspired after watching English vinglish, so many loafers felt glorified after watching vaastav 
Are you sure people joined the army because of watching a movie? What would they tell their kids-subordinates 'beta/bhaiyo, i thank bollywood for where i am today', ermm nooo. We shouldn't underestimate individuals. I would like to believe and give them credit for making these big decisions on their own.Edited by Yankees - 11 years ago

Are you sure people joined the army because of watching a movie? What would they tell their kids-subordinates 'beta/bhaiyo, i thank bollywood for where i am today', ermm nooo. We shouldn't underestimate individuals. I would like to believe and give them credit for making such life big decisions on their own.

A lot of people get inspired b army movies, and there is nothing to be ashamed of 

This is a very thorny issue.  While I would solely blame the perpetrators for the crimes that they have committed, one cannot deny the fact that bollywood is gradually getting quite regressive in the past 1-2 years. Item songs are the rage. Most well-educated/ well-brought up families switch off or change the channel when such item songs come on screen, because they do not want their children to be corrupted or negatively influenced by the same. 

At the same time, whether we like it or not,  these songs are played relentlessly on radios, and listened to ad nauseum by masses, truck drivers, bus drivers, roadside dhabas, and they find themselves grooving to these songs...they hear these lyrics repeatedly. Let's face it...Bollywood does promote item songs more vigorously for these very masses who enjoy playing these songs over and over again.  Groping of heroines in public is also very common...who have now stopped moving out/interacting with public without their bodyguards.  Let's not pretend that these songs aren't offensive because they are.  Rowdy Rathore was utterly disgraceful too. 

What bothers me is that on one hand, bollywood exploit this craze of sexually repressed masses to overly promote their movies (where women are objectified and seem to be 'enjoying' manhandling by the hero) and then act  nonchalant about the same.  

So even if they may not be actively promoting the change, they are not doing anything to swim against the tide...but then they are continuing to propagate the very mindset that women are sex objects.  

(p.s. sorry got carried away...hence this long post ðŸ˜›)
Edited by newbie2011 - 11 years ago