Posted: 30 December 2012 at 5:47am | IP Logged
Kerala Mango Pickle
Raw Mango – 100 gms
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chilly powder – 1 tbsp
Fenugreek powder- 1/4tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida powder – 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Gingely Oil – 50 ml
Water – 1/4 cup
- Wash and cut mangoes into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. splutter mustard seeds, once it is done add all the powders,and saute well.
- Add chopped mangoes, curry leaves,salt and boiled water.Mix well and let it boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from flame and let it cool.
- Store in a clean glass jar for 2- 3 days to allow the flavors to develop.
- Serve with rice.